Oscar Hernandez to the DL

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
news to me.. Just saw on Twitter "surgery went well hoping for a speedy recovery" shocked, I did some digging.. Broke a bone in his hand expected to miss 6-8 weeks! Hadn't heard this reported anywhere.

Oscar was selected in the Rule 5 draft this offseason from Tampa. Tampa made it known they were not pleased with this, and if he was sent down to the minors they would accept him back. So he was almost assured a spot on the big league roster this season. From what I've read he is a kid with a ton of raw potential, and is better known for his bat. However, one game I went to this year I sat right behind home and he looked great behind the dish.

Hope this doesn't complicate things with his roster status. And hopefully a rehab assignment doesn't constitute as a "demotion" otherwise he'll be back with Tampa

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
news to me.. Just saw on Twitter "surgery went well hoping for a speedy recovery" shocked, I did some digging.. Broke a bone in his hand expected to miss 6-8 weeks! Hadn't heard this reported anywhere.

Oscar was selected in the Rule 5 draft this offseason from Tampa. Tampa made it known they were not pleased with this, and if he was sent down to the minors they would accept him back. So he was almost assured a spot on the big league roster this season. From what I've read he is a kid with a ton of raw potential, and is better known for his bat. However, one game I went to this year I sat right behind home and he looked great behind the dish.

Hope this doesn't complicate things with his roster status. And hopefully a rehab assignment doesn't constitute as a "demotion" otherwise he'll be back with Tampa

You are still on the DL during rehab assignments. You only get so many games then you are either activated, stop playing or demoted.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson