Opinion: Cardinals to draft QB with next pick

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
WIth Keim and Arians making those visits and having QBs come onsite (Nassib, Barkley, Glennon) that this was the exact scenario that they were looking for to make those types of picks.

Combine that Keims philosphy to draft a QB every year and some good value available (and arguably a great need) they make that pick.

The thing that makes me unhappy is that I think its Mike Glennon. Or Derek Anderson, John Skeleton, Ryan Lindley 2.0 as I like to call him.

At least draft him 3rd. Well see. But I think Quarterback is the pick unless maybe the REALLY like Cyprien and he falls.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I don't see it. Were in win now mode. Many holes to fill. And BA likes Stanton.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My world-famous gut feeling, which hasn't failed me since two days ago, says we're going to draft Barkley today.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We would be incredibly stupid if we draft a QB at all this draft.. Which sounds about right for these jerk offs..

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
It wouldn't shock me but I can't say I expect it, at least not in round 2.

I fully believe Keim when he said he believes in drafting a QB every year.

BA may like Stanton but I don't honestly believe he sees him as more than a good back up.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont expect it at all, maybe in the third. I say dont bother though, run with hoyer and stanton.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I'm thinking that you maybe didn't like the Cooper pick much?

I think Cooper may be the best thing they have done so far.. But one good thing doesn't outweigh a bunch of non sense.. I have been waiting for this draft to see what my final decision will be of these new guys in charge.. So by Saturday night my outlook of the team may change a lot.. Day one was good.. But if they take a QB in round two all good done on day one goes away..

seesred

Reaction score
IMO Smith is the beat athlete left. If he is there at 6 you never can tell. I would bet against us taking a QB here.

GBR

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think Cooper may be the best thing they have done so far.. But one good thing doesn't outweigh a bunch of non sense.. I have been waiting for this draft to see what my final decision will be of these new guys in charge.. So by Saturday night my outlook of the team may change a lot.. Day one was good.. But if they take a QB in round two all good done on day one goes away..

I'm not happy about losing Wilson and Rhodes either, but I don't know why that's not redeemed by the Palmer signing, at least in part.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not happy about losing Wilson and Rhodes either, but I don't know why that's not redeemed by the Palmer signing, at least in part.

Palmer isn't a world beater by any means.. But he is the best option at this point..

Under this FO we have rotated what? 6 or 7 QB's at this point? With 4 still on the roster.. Why bring in another mediocre QB that more than likely wont pan out?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quite frankly. We can't win now.

Quite frankly you have no clue if we can't, just as no one can say we can win. We still have 6 rounds of the draft yet and a lot of an offseason left. If this were the Revolutionary War and you were Paul Revere, you would have just stayed home and played your DreamCast.

Either way, I am excited about the direction.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Palmer isn't a world beater by any means.. But he is the best option at this point..

Under this FO we have rotated what? 6 or 7 QB's at this point? With 4 still on the roster.. Why bring in another mediocre QB that more than likely wont pan out?

I dunno. I think that Carson Palmer is head and shoulders better than what we've had to endure at the QB position over the last three years. I think that the last coaching staff over the past two seasons was motivated by fear, from GM to head coach to assistants. I don't get that impression from the new staff.

Palmer isn't only the "best option at this point," he was probably the best option the entire offseason, free agency and the draft. While he's not an elite quarterback or a franchise quarterback, he's at worst an average quarterback.

With a defense as good as I expect it to be, that's all you need to put the chance factor back into play. The last two years, we had no chance.

I've been as critical as anyone over the process of building the front office, but I think these guys deserve the benefit of the doubt for the time being. Whisenhunt proved that he wasn't capable of maintaining a quality football program. I recognized that as early as anyone. I don't know whether Keim can rebuild this team, but I feel, right now, that this team has a chance to at least have a competitive product on the field most weeks.

I don't know how you can ask for much more following a 5-11 season.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Quite frankly. We can't win now.

Can't win the Super Bowl? You're probably right. Can't win the division? Probably not. Can't win a playoff spot? I dunno.

But I think we can win football games right now, with the team that we currently have. We're so much better right now than we were over the last half of 2013.

Heck, we're probably a little better, overall, than we were when we went 4-0 to start 2012.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't win the Super Bowl? You're probably right. Can't win the division? Probably not. Can't win a playoff spot? I dunno.

But I think we can win football games right now, with the team that we currently have. We're so much better right now than we were over the last half of 2013.

Heck, we're probably a little better, overall, than we were when we went 4-0 to start 2012.

MODS, K9's account has been hacked. :D

OP
OP
Arizona's Finest

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score

:shock:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
WIth Keim and Arians making those visits and having QBs come onsite (Nassib, Barkley, Glennon) that this was the exact scenario that they were looking for to make those types of picks.

Combine that Keims philosphy to draft a QB every year and some good value available (and arguably a great need) they make that pick.

The thing that makes me unhappy is that I think its Mike Glennon. Or Derek Anderson, John Skeleton, Ryan Lindley 2.0 as I like to call him.

At least draft him 3rd. Well see. But I think Quarterback is the pick unless maybe the REALLY like Cyprien and he falls.

Or the Cards might not. Only they know. Depends on a lot of things. We shall see.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
MODS, K9's account has been hacked. :D

:D

Well, it's true. Let's go through the positions from the start of last year:

QB - Way better
RB - Slightly better
TE - Same (expecting additions today or tomorrow)
WR - Slightly worse (I defend Early Doucet)
OT - Way better
OG - Probably better
C - Same

DE - Same (maybe slightly better on depth)
NT - Same
OLB - Slightly worse (I liked Quentin Groves, am super-skeptical about Lorenzo Alexander)
ILB - Same (I think that Brinkley could be better, but he could be just the same only younger)
CB - Same (provisionally)
S - Way worse.

Offensive coaching: Probably better
Defensive coaching: probably way worse

Doesn't that add up to a better chance to win football games? If you weight them by the importance of each position, it becomes even more telling.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Or the Cards might not. Only they know. Depends on a lot of things. We shall see.

I think that it's important that we all remember that none of us can crawl inside the minds of Steve Keim and find out what the Arizona Cardinals' Top 120 board looks like. There is no 12 1/2th floor of the Chase Tower that has a portal into the brain of Bruce Arians and allows us to see and feel what he does.

Everything is speculation until it happens, and you can go to a dozen different sources and get a dozen different opinions.

But everything is just an OPINION until it becomes fact, and we really don't know anything for sure, but let's honor the process without knowing the results.