Officially Official Suns Vs Mavs Thread

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Thought I'd start this one out tonight since nobody else has yet. I really dont expect the Suns to win this one but Im hoping that they prove me wrong. A win would do WONDERS in terms of playoff positioning.

Mavs: 113
Suns: 106

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I think it will be a close game with PHX winning. Fins and the Walt are out and it was a pretty slow game last night. HOME COURT BETTER BE ROCKING!

PHX 109
Dallas 103

Predictions (What the heck it is fun)

Starburry 27pts 8asts 3steals
Penny 17pts 9ast 7rbs :thumbup:
Marion 33pts 12rbs 5steals :eek: He is back
Amare 9pts 7rbs :confused:
Big Jake 15pts 7rbs :)

Bench
sucked bad 8pts
mostly Lill Jake 6pts/ Bo 2pts

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Against my better judgment I'm going to pick Phoenix tonight. I actually think they're going to win this game handily.

I just hope they can hang in there without Chris Dudley. :)

Joe Mama

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
Waiting for the game to start and feeling like a trator again rooting for the flopping Utah Jazz. Jazz winning 42-28 at half time.:D

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dallas is going to be playing their hardest tonight. They really do not want to face the Lakers in the first round of the playoffs which is what will happen if San Antonio beats them out for that first place in the conference.

Houston is helping the Suns out again so far tonight. I'm not sure what has happened to their offense, but it has disappeared. Last night they only scored 60 some odd points against the Trail Blazers, and tonight against Utah they only scored 28 points in the first half. Utah is beating them 44-28. So far the Rockets are shooting 22.7% from the field. That makes the Nuggets look good. Let's hope they continue the miserable offense in the second half.

Joe Mama

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, that's a good sign. Dirk Nowitzki and Raef LaFrentz had yet to come out of the lane on defense, and the referees actually made the three second call. Of course Shawn Marion the technical free throw, but at least the referees made the call.

Bo Outlaw is a flame thrower!!!

Joe Mama

OP
OP
JS22

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Very good start. Im letting the girlfriend use the computer so I can watch the game in peace, so I wont be posting as much tonight. ;)

And the Rockets are getting killed!

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WastedFate
Very good start. Im letting the girlfriend use the computer so I can watch the game in peace, so I wont be posting as much tonight. ;)

And the Rockets are getting killed!

Just tell her to watch the dishes or clean something and shut the hell up. That's what I would do if I had a girlfriend. I wonder why I don't? :)

Joe Mama

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama
Just tell her to watch the dishes or clean something and shut the hell up. That's what I would do if I had a girlfriend. I wonder why I don't? :)

Joe Mama

Post of the Day.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Towards the end of the third quarter Utah is still beating Houston by 13 points.

Amare Stoudemire is having a nice game tonight.

What has gotten into Joe Johnson? He has come off the bench with some energy so far.

Shawn Marion is far too jumpy on defense again. Earlier this season I thought he was doing a better job of staying grounded. I can't think of another player in the NBA that is so easily faked off his feet.

Joe Mama

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I can't think of another player in the NBA that is so easily faked off his feet.

Joe Mama

I'm quite sure if you watched other teams as much as you watch the Suns, you'd find someone. I understand what you're saying, and you're right, but to say he is the worst in the NBA at getting faked just doesn't make sense.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
I'm quite sure if you watched other teams as much as you watch the Suns, you'd find someone. I understand what you're saying, and you're right, but to say he is the worst in the NBA at getting faked just doesn't make sense.

You are right. I didn't say he is the worst in the NBA. I said I can't think of another player who gets faked out so easily.

It's funny. You talk about how if I watched other teams as much as the Suns I would probably find players who are worse. I often think the same way when we are complaining about Frank Johnson's coaching. I'll bet 90% of the basketball fans out there on the Internet constantly complain about the coaching moves.

Joe Mama

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

It's funny. You talk about how if I watched other teams as much as the Suns I would probably find players who are worse. I often think the same way when we are complaining about Frank Johnson's coaching. I'll bet 90% of the basketball fans out there on the Internet constantly complain about the coaching moves.

Joe Mama

Yeah, you're right. But then again, for every player on our own team that we criticize, every fan of every team does the same thing.

I wonder if the Net fans have complained yet about Ason's deficiencies? :D

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW the Jazz are out by 21 points with just under 10 minutes left in the fourth quarter.

Ooooooh! Bradley should have his fourth foul. He hacked Amare Stoudemire on the play. Frank needs to get somebody other than Hardaway defending Nick Van Exel.

Joe Mama

OP
OP
JS22

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Just tell her to watch the dishes or clean something and shut the hell up. That's what I would do if I had a girlfriend. I wonder why I don't?

Joe Mama

haha. ;)

Actually she watches with me most of the time and even cheers. She understands the game completely now, and actually pretends to care!

...And Amare is looking STRONG.

Last edited:

NDSunsfan

Registered
Reaction score
I believe Farah Nowitzki tucking his hair behind his ear before he shoots free throws may be the single gay-est thing I've ever seen an athlete do. Even my wife said, "did he just tuck his hair behind his ear?" I gave Dirk the benefit of the doubt until he did it again. Just put it a pony tail and be done with it, Dirk. Everyone knows long hair is so over. :D

Other than that gross out, good game tonight. At one point the Rockets had 51 points with about 9 mins left in the 4th and the Suns had 42 mid way thru the 2nd. Rockets are struggling with Mr. Mean coaching them.

Brad

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WastedFate
haha. ;)

Actually she watches with me most of the time and even cheers. She understands the game completely now, and actually pretends to care!

...And Amare is looking STRONG.

Sounds like you've got yourself a damn good woman there WastedFate. Take care of her. :)

Joe Mama

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Great half by a very short bench. What is it, they're using their first 5 and only 2 from the bench?

Marbury
Penny
Marion
Amare
Bo

JJ
Voskuhl

Does anybody remember anyone else going in yet? I think we've actually only gone 7 deep. Talk about focused.

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
Suns are playing with some passion tonight. The best thing that can happen at half time is for the coaching staff to motivate the team. If they continue playing this way it looks like the magic number will go to two. Utah won 94-78.:D

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Joe Mama

lol

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wally
Suns are playing with some passion tonight. The best thing that can happen at half time is for the coaching staff to motivate the team. If they continue playing this way it looks like the magic number will go to two. Utah won 94-78.:D
oops 94-73:D

notakiddfan1

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I believe Farah Nowitzki tucking his hair behind his ear before he shoots free throws may be the single gay-est thing I've ever seen an athlete do.

That's funny, I saw the same thing and thought the exact same thing. I've always hated Dirk Nowitzki because I think he's too soft. That does just as much to confirm my opinion as him coming out on the court with "Stay-puft marshmallow man" on the back of his jersey...

You know what, I really wouldn't mind playing this team in the playoffs in the first round this year. I mean, I'd rather play the Cavs, but considering our options, the Dallas Mavericks don't scare me all that much. First of all, they have a mediocre record against the other upper-echelon teams in the NBA. Second, the team is full of jump shooters. Now, they're damn good ones, but having Farah-Nosoftee as your main offensive weapon probably won't get it done in the playoffs. If the two teams do get matched up, the Suns might not win out, but I guaruntee you the Mavs will not win a championship this year.

Of course, getting Finley back will make Dallas 100% better. He's like the icing on the cake, and not in the way it is usually used. The actual Cake product is necessary for a good cake, obviously, but it's gross without the icing - it just doesn't work.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison