Obama's Big Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Our new President has a jump shot. He wants to bring a playoff system to college football. He wants to put a basketball court in the White House. His speeches make the hair on my arms stand at attention. He's a very impressive, intelligent guy.
And he just made his first big mistake.
He's cheering for the Steelers, not the Cardinals.
"He's a Bears fan first, he admits that," Steelers owner Dan Rooney told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "But he's a Steelers' fan. He's said it, and all his staff, they're rooting for us (in the Super Bowl)."

This is a missed opportunity. President Obama's administration is built on hope and change and renewal. Same with the Cardinals. He wants to lift a country out of the darkness, and into the light. And that's exactly what's happening with the Cardinals.
This man and this team are made for each other. In fact, the election of an African-American to the highest office in the land and the emergence of the Cardinals as a Super Bowl contender have been frequently linked together to illustrate the dawning of a great new era in the U.S.A., a new day when anything is possible.
He's proof, and so are the Cardinals.
Instead, President Obama is supporting the established power, the old-guard owner who campaigned hard for his election. He is favoring the prosperous over the down-trodden, the heavyweight over the underdog.
That's the very opposite of his mission statement. When it comes to the Super Bowl, his choice of teams is in stark contrast to the sworn beliefs that will shape his administration. He's favoring the rich over the poor, the bullies over the Birds. And it's something the Cardinals should remember when they become the first athletic team to visit his White House.

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/DanBickley/44186

Spielman

Non-Troll Rams Fan
Reaction score
Obama, more than anyone else, should know not to oppose a man on a Puppy Quest.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i want my vote back! You KNOW McCain is rooting for us! Damn you Johnny Mac!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I blame McCain for mentioning the Cardinals during one of the debates for no reason.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tested the whitehouse.gov transparency and web 2.0 stance. I sent an email and asked him to reconsider this most important decision with a link to the article. Maybe some whitehouse web jockey will get a chuckle.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Eh, just one more reason for me to not like the guy. Screw him and the Steelers.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
so much for being "everyone's" President -- that didnt even make it past his first day!

I think once you become President, you cant openly root for one group of Americans vs another in a sporting event

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Obama: "Steelers, you know when I was a kid we didn't have our own football team, I was growing up in Hawaii and this is back in the early 70's, so the Steelers, that was my team. I used to root for Franco Harris and Terry Bradshaw, Lynn Swann, Stallworth and all those guys."

I hated those Steeler teams, but I can understand him liking the Steelers.

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
You know that really pisses me off. He will be kissing the player's A$$ when the cardinals are the first to meet him in the White House!!

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
Of COURSE Obama was a Steelers fan in the 70's even though he was living in Hawaii - it's called being a frontrunner, one of the lower orders of Homo Sportsfanus.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I'm so sick and tired of hearing from this ******** it's mind numbing.

Spielman

Non-Troll Rams Fan
Reaction score
And this is why sports talk and politics shouldn't mix.

*sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard