No Need to Draft a QB?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
People thinking we're drafting a QB need their head examined... imo. Kyler is better than any QB in this class and the amount of roster building this team needs is immense at many different positions. The capital is much better deployed at OL, DL, CB

And there was no under-throw to McBride. There was a beautifully executed pass placed where only McBride could get it. The defender had great position and any deeper of a throw would have been very likely incomplete.
That was 100 percent an underthrow as he had space and was open for an unopposed TD if the ball is thrown correctly. It also wasn't a bad play regardless of the misplaced throw because it did go where McBride could make a play on it.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yeah I thought it was pretty clear live as McBride had beat his man and was looking back for the ball to take it in stride and score a TD, then had to slam on the brakes and make a play.

Was an underrated play by McBride. To look back and find the ball and almost instantly judge where it's dropping, and then to drop his weight, turn back and grab it low. That was a top class play.
I think it was an incredible play by McBride. Like you said, he had an easy TD if the ball is thrown right, and had to completely readjust and then win the battle to make the catch. Great play.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
People thinking we're drafting a QB need their head examined... imo. Kyler is better than any QB in this class and the amount of roster building this team needs is immense at many different positions. The capital is much better deployed at OL, DL, CB

And there was no under-throw to McBride. There was a beautifully executed pass placed where only McBride could get it. The defender had great position and any deeper of a throw would have been very likely incomplete.
Mcbride had a step on the defender. A well thrown ball and it’s a TD.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Need a legit #1 WR Proximo. And that's hard.
Is it though?

Seventeen players are on pace for over 1100 receiving yards this year. A lot of teams have two WRs that could qualify as stud wideouts (San Francisco and Miami to name two; you could make the argument for Philly and Cincy, also).

I'm willing to be patient with my guy Michael Wilson, but his trajectory over the past month has not been great. We'll likely use one of our top three picks on a player at the WR position, but really, really good wideout prospects come out every year and are often immediately productive.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Is it though?

Seventeen players are on pace for over 1100 receiving yards this year. A lot of teams have two WRs that could qualify as stud wideouts (San Francisco and Miami to name two; you could make the argument for Philly and Cincy, also).

I'm willing to be patient with my guy Michael Wilson, but his trajectory over the past month has not been great. We'll likely use one of our top three picks on a player at the WR position, but really, really good wideout prospects come out every year and are often immediately productive.
11 hundo ain't the metric anymore imo

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I think it was an incredible play by McBride. Like you said, he had an easy TD if the ball is thrown right, and had to completely readjust and then win the battle to make the catch. Great play.
At the same time he wants to avoid overthrowing it. It was an underthrow, but probably not as badly as it looks. He is trying to make it a jump ball scenario, but probably threw it a couple yards too short.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Is it though?

A lot of factors involved. I agree on Wilson. WR 1 or WR2 or WR3 will be up to him to decide. I know we have a player. I know he is cheap. Let's find another complimentary piece to put with him.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
A lot of factors involved. I agree on Wilson. WR 1 or WR2 or WR3 will be up to him to decide. I know we have a player. I know he is cheap. Let's find another complimentary piece to put with him.
The steel man argument about WRs is that the actually are hard to find. The Titans thought they could easily replace with Treylon Burks, and it turns out he's not really good.

On the other hand, the Vikes thought they could replace Stefon Diggs with Justin Jefferson, and they were right!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Need a legit #1 WR Proximo. And that's hard.
Hollywood is a borderline 1. Kyler has made him look like a 1 for the stretch last year where Hopkins was out.

Is he what you want for a 1, no. But I think he's good enough to judge Kyler well enough.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Hollywood is a borderline 1. Kyler has made him look like a 1 for the stretch last year where Hopkins was out.

Is he what you want for a 1, no. But I think he's good enough to judge Kyler well enough.
Hollywood is on pace for 798 yards… in a 17 game season no less. And before you go Dobbs on me, Dobbs doesn’t seem to have any problem finding WRd
And putting up big numbers in Minnesota.

He’s never been anything close to a 1 receiver or even a borderline 1 and paying him anything close to a 1 will be a terrible allocation of crucial cap dollars needed to upgrade so many areas of this team, namely on the defense.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Hollywood is on pace for 798 yards… in a 17 game season no less. And before you go Dobbs on me, Dobbs doesn’t seem to have any problem finding WRd

He’s never been anything close to a 1 receiver or even a borderline 1 and paying him anything close to a 1 will be a terrible allocation of crucial cap dollars needed to upgrade so many areas of this team, namely on the defense.
We thought we were getting Hollywood, instead we got John.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You can still absolutely blame Dobbs. I’m not a Hollywood advocate, but Hollywood should’ve had at least 100+ yards/2 TD game against the Rams that Dobbs badly under-threw twice.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Is it though?

I think it's hard to do so economically/efficiently, yes (moving the goal posts a little sorry K9). A team either has to plunk down a ton of cap space to acquire a proven WR1 in FA, or burn a first round pick and hope that the WR eventually produces like a WR1.

When was the last time we successfully drafted a WR1? Twenty years ago?

I'm not saying it's impossible, just that it's hard to do (efficiently) with the limited resources each team has.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
burn a first round pick and hope that the WR eventually produces like a WR1

It's not really. Both from the first-round pick perspective or the "eventually" perspective. WR prospects come into the NFL more ready to play than ever before.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd