Nick Foles

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Haven't really seen him mentioned and certainly not with its own thread. Any interest? He played well last year although I wouldn't say he is can't miss. apparently he was KCs first choice but Eagles were asking for too much relative to his experience.

Personally if we are going to sign Stanton, you could do a lot worse then Stanton, Foles, and say Tyler Bray, Tyler Wilson, or Matt Scott.

2 UA Quarterbacks on one roster?!?! Damn couldn't even get a guy drafted for 2 decades...

OP
OP
Arizona's Finest

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Soooooo Big Gulps, huh?

You must be registered for see images attach

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I have heard no indication that he's available for trade. That's why no one's talking about him. Reports were that Chip Kelly loves him.

OP
OP
Arizona's Finest

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I have heard no indication that he's available for trade. That's why no one's talking about him. Reports were that Chip Kelly loves him.

I havent heard that. They just brought Mike Vick abck int he fold and paid him starter money. I heard they were going to "evaluate" Nick, but I dont think that precludes him from potential trade bait.

Sounds like smokescreen to me on Kellys part to get back leverage in a potential trade. Kelly can work with gifted passers but Foles is a statue back there, and not ehat he is looking for IMO.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cards are not going to waste any of their picks trading for a qb. I really hope they learned their lesson on the Kolb disaster.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As a big Arizona fan, I loved Foles a lot as a college QB but I feel like he does not get enough zip on his passes to become an elite QB. He can throw deep but he has to put some major loft on his throws. Combining that with virtually zero mobility... I dont see the justification for giving up a quality draft pick for him.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If the Eagles were asking too much for him and the Chiefs found giving up a very high second and a conditional pick for Alex freaking Smith, count me out of the Foles conversation.

I have very little interest in trading for any of the "available" QBs out there. Restructure Kolb, add Drew Stanton, keep Hoyer to compete, and draft either Geno Smith or Matt Barkley. Then figure out who the odd man out is while grooming the rookie QB.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I havent heard that. They just brought Mike Vick abck int he fold and paid him starter money. I heard they were going to "evaluate" Nick, but I dont think that precludes him from potential trade bait.

Sounds like smokescreen to me on Kellys part to get back leverage in a potential trade. Kelly can work with gifted passers but Foles is a statue back there, and not ehat he is looking for IMO.

Well, Kelly said that he hated playing against Foles and that he was immensely talented--when he was coaching for Oregon.

Maybe he thought two years ago that he would go to the NFL, and if he did, he would go to the Eagles, where by that time Foles would've had a moderately successful series of starts on the way to Andy Reid being fired.

They're not kidding when they call Chip Kelly a chessmaster. :rolleyes:

I'm sure that the Eagles would part with him for a Godfather offer, but they just spent a pick on him and he's playing for peanuts. Vick's on a one-year deal.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Chip Kelly is full of it. He is gonna end up using Vick and Dennis Dixon. He is simply trying to up the demand for Foles.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard