Next Time You're Out to Dinner

cardfan

Registered
Reaction score
Next Time You’re Out To Dinner, Hope That Kurt Warner Is There

Posted by Mike on September 29, 2008
You must be registered for see images attach

The next time you’re at a restaurant with your significant other, scan the restaurant and pray that you see Kurt Warner somewhere in attendance. Out of all the people you wanna to see in a restaurant, Warner’s gotta be like what right above Dennis Quaid ? I mean who would care if they saw Warner is a restaurant right ? Well, according to the NY Times, before every away game, Warner and his family go out to dinner at a nice restaurant, and every time they go out, they pay the bill anonymously to someone else’s tab. So come December 21st when the Patriots are set to take on the Arizona Cardinals, you better believe that on the 20th, I will be stoned and eating at one of the finest restaurants around Patriots place, hoping that Kurt Warner and his family feel bad enough for me to pickup the tab. More from NY Times:
At dinner, Warner and his wife, Brenda, will sit back and watch as one or more of their seven children scan the dining area like a quarterback going through his progressions on the field.
Once they target a table, Warner, the Arizona Cardinals’ quarterback, quietly adds that dinner tab to his own. At a steakhouse here last Saturday, a family of four received a free meal without knowing the identity of their benefactor.
The Warners cooked up the idea many years ago, after their food-stamp-cashing days were behind them and Warner had become the toast of St. Louis by leading the Rams to victory in the 2000 Super Bowl.
They thought it would be a playful way of instilling in their children the joy of giving. “We want our kids to grow up knowing that because of football we are so blessed,” Warner said Wednesday. He added: “We never want them to lose sight of what it’s really about. Our circumstances are not the most important thing. It’s what we do with those circumstances.”

http://mike100915.wordpress.com/200...out-to-dinner-hope-that-kurt-warner-is-there/

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
there's a joke somewhere about fumbling a credit card while attempting to pay

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Excellent find!!! Let me know next time he goes to Flemings, Mortons, Ruth Chris, or Donovans!!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no doubt that Warner is a class act. I really hope he can turn around this bad streak for him.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warner is a classy, classy guy. I can not say enough good things about the person that Kurt Warner is. He's top notch.

He's a middling QB, who can launch bombs with the best of them, but shrinks like a daisy in the arizona sun when the pressure isn't just near, but anywhere within a whiff of being near. His fumblitis is profound for any QB, ever. His up and down wild play makes his best moments frustrating. The game against the jets is a microcosm of who he is now. A guy who will put it on the ground 4 times, throw 3 INTs, yet toss up more than 400 yards. He is no longer a QB who will win more games than he will lose.

But at the end of the day, the guy gives back so much to the community. It is very hard to "hate" on Kurt. He's an oustanding individual, and we need more people like him. I just don't want guys like that leading our team anymore.

I'm very sad to say that. I have a lot of respect, but a lot of frustration, with Kurt.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
there's a joke somewhere about fumbling a credit card while attempting to pay

No, he intercepted their check. Nice jesture though, but wouldn't it be better if they went to a small diner? If you go to eat at the Ritz, well those folks can already afford their own meals.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
Warner is awesome and a true gentleman. However, you know your team is in trouble if you have more good things to say about your QB as a person than as a player.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort