NBA explanation

SASpursfan

Veteran
Reaction score
See, this is why you need to let us Suns fans discuss this topic without interfering. The same way you are not going to change our mind about the way we feel, we aren't going to change yours. So why even bother. At least it's the Spurs against everybody else and not the other way around. Come to think about it, the Spurs, Stern and Jackson against everybody else.
I wouldnt say its the Spurs against the world, have you gone over to Lakersground.net? Most agree with the decision, but then again they could be biased towards the Suns.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I think it was D Antoni who made it seem worse than it really was. Yes it was a hard foul (or cheap shot) , but why did he run over to Horry like he did? Then the ref responds by trying to hold him back. Amare and Diaw have since left the bench, to what is now perceived to an altercation between players, before Bell and Nash are going at Horry. Since you have so many people standing and going at each other, the league defines this as an altercation and Diaw and Amare get screwed.
Hell I didnt think anything about them possibly getting suspended until I read what was posted in here. Many posters, the Phoenix organization, knew that the rule was the rule and they they were going to get suspended for coming off the bench.

??? D'Antoni ran to Nash who was lying on the floor.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score

Hey like they say, as long as spurs fans get a title they could care less how they do it short of murder and will plug their ears and say "NOT LISTENING NOT LISTENING NOT LISTENING".

Do you honestly think we are listening to you? Do you honestly think we take you serious?

The entire NATION except san antonio hates your team? The entire NATION except san antonio wants a change in the nba? What does that say to you?

One of 2 things:
1. Your a baised idiot that has no shame, and will take a personal victory regardless of the havoc it causes to the nba
2. Your team is exploiting the shortcomings of the nba time and time again and you apparently think we, as the fans, are going to accept that because you say so.

Duncan was a NOBODY at FIBA where he didn't get the star treatment, and that is because he let it get to him that he wasn't going to be spoiled rotten by the refs in international competition. For representing our country he was an EMBARRASSMENT. Thanks for the bronze, duncan. :barf:

Bowen is one of the dirtiest players in history, and a master at circumventing the system and thus gets away with it completely in the nba.

Ginobili might not have invented the flop, but he was the one who brought it to the mainstream. He was the one who exploited it so badly that everyone took notice and it caught fire. The blame for the flopping craze rests squarely on Manu.

Robert Horry who has 9 rings still finds someway somehow to be a pathetic human being instead of being a clean player and graceful in defeat. Dispicable.

Your spurs team digusts the nation, and you will just have to learn to accept that instead of trying to win EVERYTHING. Forget titles and playoff success, your current team will NEVER win the respect of fans.

So stop coming on here and trying to trick yourself into thinking that your team can pull that one off. And for the love of god stop thinking you can convince suns fans to see through your sp*rs colored glasses.

Are you joking? Are you mentally ill?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please stop with the insults. I really don't want to trash the thread.

SASpursfan

Veteran
Reaction score
Hey like they say, as long as spurs fans get a title they could care less how they do it short of murder and will plug their ears and say "NOT LISTENING NOT LISTENING NOT LISTENING".

Do you honestly think we are listening to you? Do you honestly think we take you serious?

The entire NATION except san antonio hates your team? The entire NATION except san antonio wants a change in the nba? What does that say to you?

One of 2 things:
1. Your a baised idiot that has no shame, and will take a personal victory regardless of the havoc it causes to the nba
2. Your team is exploiting the shortcomings of the nba time and time again and you apparently think we, as the fans, are going to accept that because you say so.

Duncan was a NOBODY at FIBA where he didn't get the star treatment, and that is because he let it get to him that he wasn't going to be spoiled rotten by the refs in international competition. For representing our country he was an EMBARRASSMENT. Thanks for the bronze, duncan. :barf:

Bowen is one of the dirtiest players in history, and a master at circumventing the system and thus gets away with it completely in the nba.

Ginobili might not have invented the flop, but he was the one who brought it to the mainstream. He was the one who exploited it so badly that everyone took notice and it caught fire. The blame for the flopping craze rests squarely on Manu.

Robert Horry who has 9 rings still finds someway somehow to be a pathetic human being instead of being a clean player and graceful in defeat. Dispicable.

Your spurs team digusts the nation, and you will just have to learn to accept that instead of trying to win EVERYTHING. Forget titles and playoff success, your current team will NEVER win the respect of fans.

So stop coming on here and trying to trick yourself into thinking that your team can pull that one off. And for the love of god stop thinking you can convince suns fans to see through your sp*rs colored glasses.

Are you joking? Are you mentally ill?

I hope you feel better now.
One more thing you mentioned the ENTIRE nation hates the Spurs, Did you take a poll? I seriously doubt it. Thus, I didnt really read your entire post since it lost credibility with that statement. Sorry for not reading it all since it seems you put alot of work into it.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Well how else am I supposed to say it? As a spurs fan turning a blind eye to the entire nation screaming about how your team got away with injustice and claiming it is perfectly fine?

What am I supposed to say to that? Next time maybe "you are a dummy head"? That does about .001% of the job in approprietly representing my disgust. I was HOLDING BACK with those comments posted above.

There is biased and then there is just dispicable, let alone coming onto a suns forum and showing just how blantantly pathetic of a fan you can be.

This goes beyond even the things I have seen lakers and dallas fans post and that is saying something.

I would apologize for crossing the line usually but not this time. NOT this time.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I hope you feel better now.
One more thing you mentioned the ENTIRE nation hates the Spurs, Did you take a poll? I seriously doubt it. Thus, I didnt really read your entire post since it lost credibility with that statement. Sorry for not reading it all since it seems you put alot of work into it.

i will never understand an individual who has so little in his/her life that they have the time and inclination to come to an opposing team's board simply to talk trash. i marvel at the amount of time i put into talking sports with my own fanbase much less taking the time to stir the pot with people i know don't want to hear what i have to say.

Brianellsworth

Registered
Reaction score
I wouldnt say its the Spurs against the world, have you gone over to Lakersground.net? Most agree with the decision, but then again they could be biased towards the Suns.
Do you just jump from board to board and try to make people mad?

SASpursfan

Veteran
Reaction score
i will never understand an individual who has so little in his/her life that they have the time and inclination to come to an opposing team's board simply to talk trash. i marvel at the amount of time i put into talking sports with my own fanbase much less taking the time to stir the pot with people i know don't want to hear what i have to say.

I didnt feel as if I was talking trash until the last few posts.
Simply put I have lots of free time since I have and will be on vacation for anther week. IN addition, I have been a member here for a while so its not if I just joined to talk trash since the Spurs have won.
I only visit forums in Lakersground.net, Mavstalk and here. However, I have only registered at this forum.

sharkman

Registered
Reaction score

I've wondered the same thing...and you know this can't be the only opposing team's board they go on...they gotta be on Utah's board now too.

SASpursfan

Veteran
Reaction score
I've wondered the same thing...and you know this can't be the only opposing team's board they go on...they gotta be on Utah's board now too.

I dont. I dont have the same respect for Utah as I have for Phoenix.

Brianellsworth

Registered
Reaction score
It appears as though SASpursfan only posts when we are playing the spurs in the playoffs......his posts are only from May 2005 and May 2007. Its almost like he comes here just to argue his point and stir up anger???? just a thought

Brianellsworth

Registered
Reaction score
posted by SAspursfan on an earlier thread
"I agree about the hometown fans not being objective. Its not just the
Spurs, every team does it. Hell I would have gave Horry a standing ovation if I were at the game, its a great way to get fired up and hopefully fire up the team."

That explains it all. Anyone who would give a standing ovation to a player who is coming back from a suspension for laying out the 2 time MVP of the NBA just to "fire" up the team just does not make sense. That would be condoning Horry's actions.

SASpursfan

Veteran
Reaction score
It appears as though SASpursfan only posts when we are playing the spurs in the playoffs......his posts are only from May 2005 and May 2007. Its almost like he comes here just to argue his point and stir up anger???? just a thought

IF that were true, I could have easily come in and talk trash after the Spurs won in 2005, but I didnt. Anything that resembled something that may have gone in that direction, I stayed clear of.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
IF that were true, I could have easily come in and talk trash after the Spurs won in 2005, but I didnt. Anything that resembled something that may have gone in that direction, I stayed clear of.

Stop blowing smoke out of your ass, the suns were an up and coming team in 2005 that came out of nowhere. When you guys won it was just a shoulder shrug moment.

The spurs vs suns wasn't a rivalry back then like it was now, and the suns with an injured Joe Johnson just lost because of the curse and moved on.

Now, it is vastly different and you are stirring the pot.

*edit: And how many people built this up as "basically who wins this series wins the title" in the spurs vs suns? It was not like that at all when the spurs and suns met in 2005.

mribnik

Reaction score
Stop blowing smoke out of your ass, the suns were an up and coming team in 2005 that came out of nowhere. When you guys won it was just a shoulder shrug moment.

The spurs vs suns wasn't a rivalry back then like it was now, and the suns with an injured Joe Johnson just lost because of the curse and moved on.

Eh, even with a healthy JJ I think the Suns win at most 2 games against the Spurs that year.

Ciani

Registered
Reaction score
No guys, while Elson and James got tangled up after the alley-oop, it didn't even come close to an altercation, Jones walked away...

This is the point, if Junior had been an a-hole (as Horry), there would have been an altercation. Thats why this rule rewards thuggery and thats why it is so bad.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Eh, even with a healthy JJ I think the Suns win at most 2 games against the Spurs that year.

True and the bench was horrid. I worded that wrong since what I meant was since JJ was injured nobody really thought the suns were going to pull it off and us here in phx were ready to just move on since he was injured and we thought the future was going to be so bright next year.

I didn't mean to insinuate we would have won with JJ, just that losing him for most of that series was the final stake in the coffin and we moved on quickly.

*edit: But obviously it is different this year, since we have to wonder if we were at full strength in game 5 and had more rested starters for game 6 if we could have won it. So now we see spurs fans come in and say the ruling was fair and their potential championship is legit and that is stirring the pot like no other. It is pathetic.

Last edited:

SASpursfan

Veteran
Reaction score

*edit: And how many people built this up as "basically who wins this series wins the title" in the spurs vs suns? It was not like that at all when the spurs and suns met in 2005.

IF you recall that year everyone was giving props to the Suns. They were the talk of the NBA. It seemed as is everyone was on their jockstrap. I was happy as hell when, boring defense beat out beautiful offense.
Therefore, I didnt consider it a shoulder shrug moment.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
This is the point, if Junior had been an a-hole (as Horry), there would have been an altercation. Thats why this rule rewards thuggery and thats why it is so bad.

Punish the instigator of the fight not the one who reacts, unless the one who reacts brings the conflict to another level. It is the most basic understanding under law.

Apparently though the nba higher ups are pathetic with their thought process. Boris and Amare sure could have been dangerous out there 20 feet away from the altercation and heading back towards the bench. Especially Boris. He is a killer.

Although when duncan was almost at half-court ready to start something after a minute tussle that is nothing.

Stern and Stu are pathetic representations of the nba, and the fans know it. The only way they could save even a minor amount of diginity is admit their mistake, and that is never happening. Well too bad for them, because when nba fans see them now they are laughing under their breath at these fake men in suits.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
IF you recall that year everyone was giving props to the Suns. They were the talk of the NBA. It seemed as is everyone was on their jockstrap. I was happy as hell when, boring defense beat out beautiful offense.
Therefore, I didnt consider it a shoulder shrug moment.

EXACTLY, so when you come on here against the logic of the entire nation sans a small place in texas you are stirring the pot since it is a MUCH bigger deal this year. There was no reason for you to do such in 2005 when you claim IF you were trying to rouse people up you would have said something even though as YOU JUST SAID it was a MUCH bigger deal this year.

Thanks for basically incriminating yourself.

*edit: wait a minute you are talking about THAT year? Are you serious? The suns were regarded as fun and all and people had articles about the suns vs dallas being fun, but no one NO ONE outside of phx was picking the suns to win the title that year.

Do you even remember? The TALK in the media as you say was that the suns playstyle that year wasn't going to win in the playoffs. Then it was the suns playstyle wouldn't get deep in the playoffs and they beat dallas. You have to be joking..

*last edit: So either way you lose horribly at the point you tried to make, either you incriminate yourself or make yourself look like a complete moron for saying that everybody was on the suns jock that year when in fact everyone was saying that the playstyle wouldn't work int he playoffs. People were even picking MEMPHIS TO BEAT US THAT YEAR. Nice try..

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard