NBA All Star Events (2024)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
2 games played for the 76ers last year don't look terrible.

Career stats
Year
Year
Team
Team
GP
Games played
Min
Minutes per game
Pts
Points per game
FG%
Field goal percentage
3pt%
3 point percentage
Reb
Rebounds per game
Ast
Assists per game
Stl
Steals per game
2022-23
2022-23
76ers2

G league this year

BY YEARTEAMGPMINPTSFGMFGAFG%3PM3PA3P%FTMFTAFT%OREBDREBREBASTTOVSTLBLKPFFPDD2TD3+/-
2023-24OSC1435.023.78.817.450.42.46.039.32.23.073.80.94.04.97.23.40.90.72.042.0200.4
He’s good enough to tantalize but just not good enough at very competitive levels.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
McLung was the G-League rookie of the year 2 years ago, which is before anyone knew of him as a phenomenal dunker. He has talent but he's young and is a developmental project. I'm not saying he'll ever be a star or even a starter but I have a hard time believing he offers significantly less than other teams 12-15 man as well as their Two-Way deals.
This just isn’t true. Not only was he a VERY well known dunker (his social media coverage was insane in high school), but he was a VERY highly recruited high schooler who disappointed at Georgetown and then at his next stop (SMU?). He’s been given cups of tea at the nba level and failed with a few teams in summer league, preseason and minor in season stints. This isn’t some unknown that’s flown under the radar. He’s an extremely over-exposed kid who just doesn’t quite have “it.”

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can remember when the NBA All-Star game was highly-anticipated.

Those days are long gone, just like with the NFL Pro Bowl. But at least with the Pro Bowl you can understand the desire to not get hurt. The NBA All-Star Game has just become an embarrassingly-bad pickup game.

Its not even a pick-up game anymore. It's a glorified practice or shoot around. There's no semblance of defense or offensive plays. It's goofing off, essentially.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its not even a pick-up game anymore. It's a glorified practice or shoot around. There's no semblance of defense or offensive plays. It's goofing off, essentially.

Yep. Half court shots, if a player makes a run at the hoop others actively get out of the way.

It was far less intense than a practice and less serious than a shoot around… unless it’s Ayton in the shoot around.

That was as bad as I’ve ever seen.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I watched a minute of the first and it was awful. A half-speed exhibition.

I thought the league wanted it more competitive? No player should ever have 50 points in an all star game. It’s a joke.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
42 threes made and 96 I think attempted from the East team says it all caught a few min here and there and everyone I. The east was chucking ridiculous long threes over and over lol

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
42 threes made and 96 I think attempted from the East team says it all caught a few min here and there and everyone I. The east was chucking ridiculous long threes over and over lol

Seriously.

It might have been the least competitive "pro" sporting event I've tuned into. The East and West combined for a mere 5 free throws, I think the refs fell asleep too.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I tried to watch for book and KD. Cringy! All that talent on the floor at the same time and it’s wasted. Someone needs to come up with something better. If the players don’t want to play find something else to do, like a paddleball tourney or something lol.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreeing with you that it is crap.

I watched some of the competition leading up to the All-Star game, but I didn't watch the game itself.

The All-Star game needs to be fixed or eliminated. I like the addition of WNBA activities.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no fixing the All-Star game unless you incentivize certain behaviors on the court.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of Suns players making the All-Star team, but I do not like the idea of them risking injury. Perhaps this is a big part of it.

I'd rather watch G-league players or WNBA players going full throttle.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
There is no fixing the All-Star game unless you incentivize certain behaviors on the court.
I can only see two things incentivizing the players, throwing a lot of extra money at the winning team or making the result of the game matter come playoff time (like home court advantage in the finals to the winning conference).

First one only works if it is A LOT of money and the 2nd one is probably too much to put on an all star game. Not sure what else they could do. It's interesting because the all star game used to be competitive because the players just had more intrinsic motivation to play hard.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ill watch Team USA basketball if I want to see a team of stars compete. I've wondered if there was a way to link the All-Star game to the Team USA but there's so many international players it would be so convoluted I can't see it taking off.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ill watch Team USA basketball if I want to see a team of stars compete. I've wondered if there was a way to link the All-Star game to the Team USA but there's so many international players it would be so convoluted I can't see it taking off.

This is a great idea. I'd like to see Team USA players compete in the All-Star game.

At least it would have some meaning in terms of preparation.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson