National Media Sucks

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
We get the biggest win of the year, upsetting an undefeated team. Yet all the media wants to talk about is the "QB Controversy". News flash: If we win, there is not controversy.

ESPN has a Scouts INc article stating that the numbers in the first half don't justify benching Leinart. Obviously this idiot didn't watch the game. Hey ESPN, maybe you should actually experience the games before you write them up??? Just a thought...

Anyone who saw the game knew that Leinart was pulled at exactly the right time. He had happy feet. He couldn't locate his receivers. He was rushing his throws. Those details don't show up in stat sheets.

On NFLN, Deion was lamenting the fact that we weren't a playoff team so we might as well let Matt learn on the job. Screw that! I think we are a playoff team and we need to win now!

Kurt came in, managed the offense well, and kept us in the game. When Matt returned, he was more composed and focused his anger at the Steelers. It worked out for all of us!

Pundits or idiots? They'd like us to think we won the game in spite of the QB change, not because of it.

Just venting.

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Matt isn't getting "benched." The sooner everyone realizes this and stops talking about it, the better. Kurt is running his packages; Matt is running the majority of the offensive sets.

Reaction score
and today people on tv and the radio seem to want to talk more about the bears and chargers losing again than us pulling a great win against an undefeated. but thats how it always rolls for us i guess.

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score
Matt isn't getting "benched." The sooner everyone realizes this and stops talking about it, the better. Kurt is running his packages; Matt is running the majority of the offensive sets.

Donald:

Yeah, but according to Leinart, "this switching back and forth is almost worse than getting benched." So I guess--in his mind at least--the admittedly accurate distinction you're making is merely semantics.

WC

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Donald:

Yeah, but according to Leinart, "this switching back and forth is almost worse than getting benched." So I guess--in his mind at least--the admittedly accurate distinction you're making is merely semantics.

WC

Not really true. It's almost worse than getting benched in his mind...he doesn't like the feeling of not knowing when he's going to be in, etc.

If he was benched, he wouldn't be worrying about all that. He'd just be holding the clipboard. I don't doubt that he thinks "why don't you just bench me?" from time to time because he's having a tough time adjusting to this uncertainty.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
You play to your audience, the national audience hardly cares about the Cardinals, why would the national media care? Leinart is well known to most people out east because of USC, QB controversies are interesting. Slam dunk.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peter King is already changing his tune;

Coaches of the Week

Arizona coach Ken Whisenhunt, for many reasons. He got his team ready to play, and he out-coached the team that said he and Cards assistant head coach Russ Grimm weren't the best men for the Steelers head-coaching job, though they'd helped Pittsburgh win the Super Bowl two years ago. Plus, Whisenhunt is handling his quarterbacks perfectly.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Donald:

WC

A quote from Matt from the official site:

“I’d be lying if I said (the situation) is easy to handle,” Leinart said. “I know what I am capable of doing. I know I can go out there and play and lead this team to wherever we want to go in the future.

“I think this situation, truly, is making me a better football player.”

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
You know what I found disturbing?

Yesterday, NFL.com had up 'Ben Rothlisberger highlights' on their video page before they had the video recap of the game!

Now THAT was messed up.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
A quote from Matt from the official site:

“.

“I think this situation, truly, is making me a better football player.”

No, what would make him a better football player is to take the job more serious and put in the work!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, what would make him a better football player is to take the job more serious and put in the work!

Oh Good lord, I think everyone is past this. It's clear from the multiple statements from Whis that he is putting in the work, and has been.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Oh Good lord, I think everyone is past this. It's clear from the multiple statements from Whis that he is putting in the work, and has been.
Not according to The National Inquirer and Pro Football Talk.:rolleyes:

Reaction score
You know what I found disturbing?

Yesterday, NFL.com had up 'Ben Rothlisberger highlights' on their video page before they had the video recap of the game!
What would that look like...

You must be registered for see images

:)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question: Why was Ben Rothlisberger wearing a #90 jersey yesterday?

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score

Obviously there is something to it. Whis keeps commenting on trying to fire up Matt, trying to get him to be more of a competitor, etc. By all accounts he hasn't played well, and frankly we dont win yesterday w/o Warner.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
A lot of Steeler fans comments I've heard is the ol' "we beat ourselves" routine. I'm so tired when teams get their butts kicked they can't just admit it and pretend that if they had "shown up" they would have won. Give some credit to the cards--they more than earned it.

OP
OP
crisper57

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
A lot of Steeler fans comments I've heard is the ol' "we beat ourselves" routine. I'm so tired when teams get their butts kicked they can't just admit it and pretend that if they had "shown up" they would have won. Give some credit to the cards--they more than earned it.

Absolutely. Their offensive line didn't play poorly. Our Defense just dominated and out-played them.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm never one to bash the media, but the lack of attention this game's getting is ridiculous. I watched sportscenter probably three times between yesterdya and today and I didn't see even HIGHLIGHTS of the game ONCE, much less see the game get broken down. That was a MAJOR upset this year, not to mention and interesting story of Wiz and Grimm v. the Steelers and it was treated as absolutely nothing.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm never one to bash the media, but the lack of attention this game's getting is ridiculous. I watched sportscenter probably three times between yesterdya and today and I didn't see even HIGHLIGHTS of the game ONCE, much less see the game get broken down. That was a MAJOR upset this year, not to mention and interesting story of Wiz and Grimm v. the Steelers and it was treated as absolutely nothing.

thats our curse. The good thing is that if we keep winning we will become media darlings and those guys will be flying in from all over to talk to the team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats our curse. The good thing is that if we keep winning we will become media darlings and those guys will be flying in from all over to talk to the team.

i could care less about that - i didn't see the first three quarters - all i want to see is highlights for pete's sake! is that too much to ask?!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i could care less about that - i didn't see the first three quarters - all i want to see is highlights for pete's sake! is that too much to ask?!

I could care less too. But thats just what will happen. If we keep winning we will become the NFL's media darlings and we will see our plays all over national TV. Plus interviews galore.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score

We'll never know (and I'm glad), but if the Steelers had won I bet it would be replayed a lot, showing "Rooney's choice vindicated."

If it helps at all, I know a lot of people watched the game and came away very impressed. I was at a bar with Steelers fans galore and many of them gave the Cards and Whis and Grimm a lot of credit. Some were babies about it but you figure there's a lot of sour grapes in that.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I don't know what you are talking about.

It was all over ASFN. My #1 national media outlet.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen