Nash on Stern

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Wow.

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/PaulCoro/9639

Nash on Stern

Although the previous Suns Dish post here appears as a blog item, it was actually written for The Heat Index. Those are just built to run as blog online as well. Because that was also a newspaper piece, everything did not make it for space but I'm guessing you would still like to know the take of the other principal player in Horrygate.
Here is what Steve Nash said Sunday about David Stern's ruling:

"I'm not into worrying about what Stern is doing. I figure I'm not going to win that battle anyway. I've lost it in the past so why bother getting involved."

"If I let it, it'll distract me. I'll be (ticked) off all the time. And that's like every other week, a decision comes down that you don't understand. So just stay out of it. Bowen stepped on Amaré's ankle and kneed me in the balls. No suspension, whereas other guys (with) maybe less infractions get suspended on the first one. I'm not in the office. I don't know why they decide what they decide. Therefore, I'm not going to even bother to start judging their decisions because I don't get it.”

For a guy who is not bothered by it, he sure sounded bothered by it. Of course, Nash initially said he was not even aware of the Stern ruling on the officials' gambling.

HooverDam

Reaction score
When I clicked on this thread I was expecting it to be about Steve Nash being on the Howard Stern show and playing the Jewish Wheel of Sex.....needless to say, this article was much less terrifying.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nash is never one to shy from controversy. I have a feeling these little comments will continue to come from him.

playstation

Selfless Service
Reaction score
you know what, i read this and get a very bill belichek-like vibe post cheating allegation.

like nash doesn't want it to be close enough for anyone to screw him again. like he wants to beat everyone's head in the entire season so it's not even close. we'll see if he succeeds, but the team has the talent to do it.

i wouldn't be surprised if we ran the table in november.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
you know what, i read this and get a very bill belichek-like vibe post cheating allegation.

like nash doesn't want it to be close enough for anyone to screw him again. like he wants to beat everyone's head in the entire season so it's not even close. we'll see if he succeeds, but the team has the talent to do it.

i wouldn't be surprised if we ran the table in november.

I wouldn't be surprised to see another slow start.

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score

I would!

The best part about this is that Steve can say it, and EVRYONE has to respect his opinion. Game tape doesn't lie, MVP trophies don't lie, and stupid judgements by the commish aren't hideable(sp?).
This is finally the year that we bring the rings home!

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
David Stern is a coward. So are the owners who won't fire him. How much proven incompetence, negligence and damage to the sport's integrity will it take for the owners to do something positive?

Obviously, more than exhibited by Stern.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is my worry as well. The Suns do not seem to possess the energy in preseason which I like. It has nothing to do with preseason wins. I have no doubt the Suns will get there but this slow start thing is starting to worry me. Is it me or does Steve seem a step slow or something. Maybe he is just getting tired of the preseason grind... or perhaps the Suns are just missing Barbosa.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I like this about steve. He speaks his mind and doesn't back off of what he believes. mark cuban has been trying to hold stern accountable for years and has had little success at the end of the day. that suspension to stackhouse in the nba finals wasn't the reason my mavs lost, but it certainly was a questionable decision. especially when you look at a number of last season's hard playoff flagrant fouls that didn't bring out suspensions. I think the biggest problem with the nba is consistency in all aspects. so on one hand I understand what they are trying to do when they enforce a rule with an iron fist. but they better do it 10 out of 10 times if that's the road they are going to take. of corse this season something else will go wrong and we'll be debating it then.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is my worry as well. The Suns do not seem to possess the energy in preseason which I like. It has nothing to do with preseason wins. I have no doubt the Suns will get there but this slow start thing is starting to worry me. Is it me or does Steve seem a step slow or something. Maybe he is just getting tired of the preseason grind... or perhaps the Suns are just missing Barbosa.

Don't know. I fear they are not in mid season condition, but they might just be sandbagging.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson