Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been a while since I watched the Naked Gun series, but I remember enjoying them as I did most slapstick movies from my youth. I'm wondering how well those movies would hold up to modern scrutiny and what that means this will end up looking like.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
It's been a while since I watched the Naked Gun series, but I remember enjoying them as I did most slapstick movies from my youth. I'm wondering how well those movies would hold up to modern scrutiny and what that means this will end up looking like.

Same here. Haven't seen The Naked Gun since I was a teenager. Been meaning to revisit it, but I also don't want to tarnish my memory of it.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will Naked guns comedy work in todays day and age or will this just be hyper raunchy instead like most other releases?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They must have thought, "Well, we can't duplicate Leslie Nielsen, but how close can we get to his name?"
I feel like Nielsen was the king of this type of comedy, but, who knows, maybe the writers were the magic. I would think the "nathan for you" guy would be a good choice for some deadpan/slapstick humor.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll give it a shot. I wonder if people forget that before Nielsen was the king of spoof comedies, he was an overly serious (not necessarily meaning good) actor.

Neeson playing the world straight while everything around him is ludicrous could work in the right hands. But man, that is a REALLY tough tone to duplicate.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I’ll give it a shot. I wonder if people forget that before Nielsen was the king of spoof comedies, he was an overly serious (not necessarily meaning good) actor.

Neeson playing the world straight while everything around him is ludicrous could work in the right hands. But man, that is a REALLY tough tone to duplicate.
That's great if we want to give him a shot. Just let's not do it in another stupid remake.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen