Office Reboot Coming

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what she said!

Not excited though.

Next on the docket is reportedly every Gen Z’s favorite Netflix show that actually aired on NBC, The Office — Billie Eilish must be screaming. Greg Daniels, creator of the U.S. version of The Office, is currently “set to do a reboot,” per Puck. Little is known beyond the fact of its existence, so best believe we have questions. Does it include the original cast returning or would it just be a new show, also set in an office? Actors like Steve Carell (who had already left the show by the time it ended) and John Krasinski seem unlikely to return, but Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey currently run an Office-themed podcast, so they might be down. Honestly, though, everybody knows all they need to get the people onboard is to bring back Creed

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, a reboot of a remake. Interesting. :D

Full disclosure, I adored the original English version and predicted the American attempt to be a complete failure. Now, the first season was brutal, but it definitely improved over time and I can admit I was wrong. I still love the OG. Booyakasha!

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you know there are 13 versions of the Office from around the world?

Had no idea! I only knew of the two. I wonder how close the storylines were and how the cultural differences affected the comedy. I guess all I'd have to do is learn eleven or so new languages to really find out. o_O Any polyglots out there?

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Full disclosure, I adored the original English version and predicted the American attempt to be a complete failure. Now, the first season was brutal, but it definitely improved over time and I can admit I was wrong. I still love the OG. Booyakasha!
First season was awful. Once they changed Michel to be a little softer it was dynamite.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First season was basically the first season of the British version with new actors and a few cosmetic changes.
Yup, I watched thy British version first. Wasn't sold on season 1 of the US since they were pretty much carbon copies. Season 2 was so much better