My thoughts, how about yours?

Skipper1111

Rookie
Reaction score
Hi,
It’s great to win games and I’m thankful, but there’s much more to talk about..
Playcalling is getting good and the team seems more organized so good job coaches and players.
We really need linebackers that are great in pass coverage, I would draft/trade for a couple strong safeties, they are the style player I would put as linebackers and they would shutdown tight ends and running backs.
All of your linebackers NEED to be able to run faster than all the tight ends and such you will face or they need better awareness, intuition, angles..
We are going to need a couple good defensive lineman that can make things happen and are also good run stoppers that way your linebackers can zone out.
On offense we look pretty good, I’d replace a few people there as well though.
With that said it would be awesome to win a super bowl for Fitz this year:)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Hi,
Playcalling is getting good and the team seems more organized so good job coaches and players.
We really need linebackers that are great in pass coverage, I would draft/trade for a couple strong safeties, they are the style player I would put as linebackers and they would shutdown tight ends and running backs.
All of your linebackers NEED to be able to run faster than all the tight ends and such you will face or they need better awareness, intuition, angles..
We are going to need a couple good defensive lineman that can make things happen and are also good run stoppers that way your linebackers can zone out.
Keep hope alive Skippy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I was watching the game a little today and Reddick was not in the greatest starting position to take the TE. The times when he covered the TE well, is when he started on him. Not sure why he was always on the opposite side of the TE he was taking. Scheme issues, or is it that he just doesn't know where to be?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I think the optimism is well placed. Murray certainly can play in this league. He’s still raw but has shown much of his game translates. I do enjoy thinking about what he can grow into. I think the play calling has improved but I don’t see a revolutionary offensive scheme but there are some nice twists on standard patterns. There’s still this tendency for ego calls when the offense is rolling. I like those plays better when the pace needs to be changed. Certainly the LBs couldn’t cover a loaf of bread.

I’m not certain the offense line has improved as much as the competition has weakened. Let’s wait a few weeks. In fact that could be said of much of the improvement we’ve seen. Certainly real improvement has happened, but it’s hard to gauge how much until they face quality teams. Fortunately the schedule will soon provide the answers.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
All fair points Harry but isn't the offense just running KC, LAR, NE, NO type formations/plays? The exception is we are doing it in mostly 10 personnel and running more plays maybe? I don't think that is revolutionary but it certainly puts pressure on the defense. Think of what we are doing now with the lack of talent we have on offense. Can't wait to see Murray progress with the addition of really talented players.

The oline isn't great but I will take no sacks all day long and 1 sack in the last 2 games.

The play calling is getting better and the execution is as well.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the optimism is well placed. Murray certainly can play in this league. He’s still raw but has shown much of his game translates. I do enjoy thinking about what he can grow into. I think the play calling has improved but I don’t see a revolutionary offensive scheme but there are some nice twists on standard patterns. There’s still this tendency for ego calls when the offense is rolling. I like those plays better when the pace needs to be changed. Certainly the LBs couldn’t cover a loaf of bread.

I’m not certain the offense line has improved as much as the competition has weakened. Let’s wait a few weeks. In fact that could be said of much of the improvement we’ve seen. Certainly real improvement has happened, but it’s hard to gauge how much until they face quality teams. Fortunately the schedule will soon provide the answers.

Amen to the 2nd paragraph. I'm having nightmares thinking about what the Niners DL will do to our OL. We don't match up on either side of the ball. Those may be very good Sundays to clean out the garage & attic.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Harry, imo, the OL has improved. But I'm not saying that they don't need an infusion of talent. But the more the same five guys play together, the better they'll get. And KM's escapability erases a lot of missed blocks.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good defenses produce pressure on the opposing Qb with four guys. If we have two cb’s that can play man to man to go along with that you now have something going.

This is what we need to accomplish this off season.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I have said repeatedly, Kingsbury has had one offensive lineman drafted (6th round) while at A&M but was always top 10 in offense despite being outclassed in talent by the other schools in his conference.

His scheme makes lesser offensive linemen look competent.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Hi,
Happy anniversary to your joining ASFN.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am thinking 2 weeks ago I was thinking do we want Chase Young or Jerry Jeudy and now I'm thinking if we win Sunday we're 3-3-1 !

Remarkable what beating 2 bad teams does.

But I have to say, we tied the Lions and should have won that game and if you've noticed they're NOT a bad team, beat the Eagles, played KC and GB tough, with injuries. We're not a playoff team but I think we absolutely CAN beat the Giants

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trenches need to be addressed in FA and the Draft. We need a difference maker at DE and while C Peters is playing well at NT he is older.

A RT is a must and while Pugh and Sweezy are playing fair well I think we need a kick but OG.

An OLB/Pass rusher is also needed.

And for gods sake someone who can cover a TE.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard