jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Biggest takeaways for me are:

3rd down conversions : our O made them and our D made the stops

Pass routes: I wish we threw the ball downfield more. I know we had to account for the pass rush, but when we did attack downfield, it allowed K1 to opt to run because the DBs were downfield. It brought a whole new dimension to the offense when we had longer routes. The quick WR dump and "hope he breaks a few tackles to get some yards" is mind boggling to me. Yes, I know it is an extended version of a run play, but I still don't like it as our main focus.

I don't like to see Chandler Jones dropping back into coverage. He's a one man gang when rushing the passer, so keep him doing that. He's a liability when covering. Shift the scheme.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
But that's what play sequencing is all about. We show/see the tendencies of ourselves and our opponents, and then we use our tendency breakers to create big plays.
Very true. But KK seems overly dependent upon on that and it greatly reduces the team’s scoring opportunities. If you’re not looking to score but rather to primarily set up later opportunities you’re shrinking your own clock.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
It means we weren't great for large parts of the game and should have lost is not for Jimmy G
As a very long time Cards fan I remember back when we played the Cowboys with Staubach and company we would look great for around 3 quarters and guess what the end was Yep another loss So Il will take a win No matter how ugly or bad it looks over looking pretty only and the end to see Cowboys 21 Cards 20 with a dumb defensive play helping them at the very last 15 or 20 seconds Same for any other team too as long As the Cards come out with a W

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson