UNCENSORED 2024 Draft Thread

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am an ASU guy and I cannot fathom why they took Pearsall that high.

I can only think they were certain the Bills / Cardinals would go WR so they picked their guy.

I really like Pearsall as a WR 2 so if that works out no one will really care where he was drafted.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Ive seen some mocks with Jerry Rice's son going to us later on talk about ironic and total Karma if that happens especially if he catches the winning Td over the Whiners This board would be insane
Im a big fan of Brenden Rice. Kid has quick hands and excellent ball skills...would be stoked if we got him

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I literally can't wait to hear the same posters that denigrated Will Anderson to extol the virtues of 5 sack 68 tackle not in the top 20 qb pressure Darius Robinson
I know you don’t like the pick but he plays a similar style to Cam Jordan esque edge guy. Not a traditional rush edge. I also think he fits our division well.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I know you don’t like the pick but he plays a similar style to Cam Jordan esque edge guy. Not a traditional rush edge. I also think he fits our division well.
seems to be a traditional 3-4 DE ...dont see those guys too much with everyone switching to smaller faster guys..
I think if they spend a moment teaching the kid a few more moves to work on over the summer he is gonna be fine.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I had a lot of people over tonight, the most I've had since I had my injury.

TONIGHT WAS GREAT.

I love the picks, I love the night I had with my pals. Everyone else seemed to like their picks (besides my 9ers friend with Pearsall).

How freaking wonderful!
dude...Im happy to see you so happy. Glad you got to socialize...been a rough year

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Okay so I will be open here.

I see his over under at 5.5 sacks and 68 tackles.

Where do you fall on this?

Cards Crazy

Veteran
Reaction score
I just read some of his final stats Damn guys 8.5 sacks would have led the team not to mention all the rest Ile take that every day of the week and twice on Sunday

Cards Crazy

Veteran
Reaction score
seems to be a traditional 3-4 DE ...dont see those guys too much with everyone switching to smaller faster guys..
I think if they spend a moment teaching the kid a few more moves to work on over the summer he is gonna be fine.
Quite simular to big Calais Campbell who's had quite a nice Career with us and other if he turns out like that I seriously doubt anyone could or would Complain

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you talking rookie season or entire career?? LOL

as a rookie I probably take the under

Rookie season. To put these over unders into perspective 68 tackles is #220 in the NFl. 5.5 sacks is #75

So take your side on our rookie DL. Does he finish higher than 220 in tackles or 75 in sacks?

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

As an IDL that would be peachy. My fear is they’ll push Zaven/Cam Thomas out of the Edge rotation and those numbers will be bad.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
As an IDL that would be peachy. My fear is they’ll push Zaven/Cam Thomas out of the Edge rotation and those numbers will be bad.
That shouldn't happen, should it?

Base D is a 4 front 1 3-4 DE, 2x 3-4 NTs and 1 3-4 OLB. Robinson on DE, rotation at DT and BJ/Gardeck at pass rusher.

Zaven would play still play on three downs

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Depends where they play him. Personally I don't think he's a DT in the NFL. He's 285 now and to me he looks maxed out. At best he'd be a 3T but we don't play with a 3T that much and we already signed Justin Jones to play that role. So his snaps would be very limited in year one.

If that's the case certainly under 5.5.

Personally I think he plays Edge. He had to tween for Missouri because they moved him around the line. I think they trim him down to 270ish and he plays full time edge.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Depends where they play him. Personally I don't think he's a DT in the NFL. He's 285 now and to me he looks maxed out. At best he'd be a 3T but we don't play with a 3T that much and we already signed Justin Jones to play that role. So his snaps would be very limited in year one.

Personally I think he plays Edge. He had to tween for Missouri because they moved him around the line. I think they trim him down to 270ish and he plays full time edge.

The guy Is 6'5 with very little fat at 285, saying he should play Edge at 270 and he cant play DT Is weird at this point
He Is maxed out? How do u know that?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The guy Is 6'5 with very little fat at 285, saying he should play Edge at 270 and he cant play DT Is weird at this point
He Is maxed out? How do u know that?

I don't know that, it's just my opinion. He's already not particular fast, I don't want him adding 15 to 20 lbs and getting slower. I know he's been as high as 305lb so obviously anyone can add weight, but I don't like him at that weight.

Drafting a guy 1st round to play DT that played most of his NFL snaps between 4i and 6 tech is dumb in my opinion. And all his best reps at the senior bowl that impressed everyone and improved his stock were at 6.

We just paid Justin Jones $10m+ a year to play 3T and Robinson wouldn't play any further inside than that, and Jones is 309lbs.

So the options are, make him add 15-20 pounds to play inside at a position he has 102 career snaps playing and then rotate behind Justin Jones with LJ Collier and Dante Stills or...

He can play Edge where he played most of his college snaps and showed the most promise and where we have very little talent for him to have to beat out.

I hope we are past the days of drafting guys high then moving them to a position they barely played. All the opinions I have seen from scouts and NFL personnel is that he's a big end with some inside potential on sub packages, not a full time DT.

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

I heard his interview on NFL radio.
He played at 305 when Mizzou had him at DT. Dropped 20 when moved outside. Kept strength but added quickness.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know that, it's just my opinion. He's already not particular fast, I don't want him adding 15 to 20 lbs and getting slower.

Drafting a guy 1st round to play DT that played most of his NFL snaps between 4i and 6 tech is dumb in my opinion. And all his best reps at the senior bowl that impressed everyone and improved his stock were at 6.

We just paid Justin Jones $10m+ a year to play 3T and Robinson wouldn't play any further inside than that, and Jones is 309lbs.

So the options are, make him add 15-20 pounds to play inside at a position he has 102 career snaps playing and then rotate behind Justin Jones with LJ Collier and Dante Stills or...

He can play Edge where he played most of his college snaps and showed the most promise and where we have very little talent for him to have to beat out.

I hope we are past the days of drafting guys high then moving them to a position they barely played.
Looks like Darnel Dockett a inch taller , basically with the same numbers pre draft

Attachments

• 1298a510-d7ff-11ee-823e-b0688f985e30.jpeg
    1298a510-d7ff-11ee-823e-b0688f985e30.jpeg
    29.6 KB · Views: 4

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn