My Playoff Perspective

Carddan

Average Fan
Reaction score
Today, the NFL playoffs begin. Tomorrow, the Arizona Cardinals host the Green Bay Packers. I am just an average Cardinals’ fan. Yes, I can afford season tickets. Yes, I had a creative idea for face-painting and the skill to pull it off. Yes, I spend way too many hours of time studying the team and players. But the bottom line is that I love this team the same way that many thousands do. We are not watching the playoffs as disinterested bystanders. We are in the show. Today I feel very good.

We have been here before. That by itself is an amazing feeling. Last year we hosted the Atlanta Falcons and entered unknown territory. As fans, and as a team, we now have experience in dealing with the challenge and emotions.

I will not speak of last week, or next. All that matters is the game before us. As always it is the most important game of the year. It is a wonderful opportunity to be a part of it. I will leave nothing behind. Everything I have to offer as a fan will be spent tomorrow. I have a confidence born from experience. This is the time, this is the moment. We Do This Together.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today, the NFL playoffs begin. Tomorrow, the Arizona Cardinals host the Green Bay Packers. I am just an average Cardinals’ fan. Yes, I can afford season tickets. Yes, I had a creative idea for face-painting and the skill to pull it off. Yes, I spend way too many hours of time studying the team and players. But the bottom line is that I love this team the same way that many thousands do. We are not watching the playoffs as disinterested bystanders. We are in the show. Today I feel very good.

We have been here before. That by itself is an amazing feeling. Last year we hosted the Atlanta Falcons and entered unknown territory. As fans, and as a team, we now have experience in dealing with the challenge and emotions.

I will not speak of last week, or next. All that matters is the game before us. As always it is the most important game of the year. It is a wonderful opportunity to be a part of it. I will leave nothing behind. Everything I have to offer as a fan will be spent tomorrow. I have a confidence born from experience. This is the time, this is the moment. We Do This Together.

I was goign to start my own post, but I'll add to yours, CD.
Last year I remember hearing , "There's no way the Cardinals will stop this Falcon offense. Micheal Turner will have a field day and they won't be able to contain Roddy White". We all know how that turned out.

Then we went to Carolina and heard," Williams and Stewart will destroy the Cardinals. The Cardinals simply cannot win when traveling to the east coast". We

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Poetry.

Go Cards!

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Classy & well said!! GO CARDINALS

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was going to start my own post, but I'll add to yours, CD.
Last year I remember hearing , "There's no way the Cardinals will stop this Falcon offense. Micheal Turner will have a field day and they won't be able to contain Roddy White". We all know how that turned out.

Then we went to Carolina and heard," Williams and Stewart will destroy the Cardinals. The Cardinals simply cannot win when traveling to the east coast".
We all know hoe that turned out.

I don't even have to mention the Eagle contest.

This team is ready to shock the world once again. All the stars are lined up maybe even more so than last year.
So bring it on Cheeseheads. You'd better bring your A+ game. If you can feel the electricity, it's not the fact that it's playoff football. It's the "shock" you are about to experience.

OP
OP
Carddan

Carddan

Average Fan
Reaction score
I am ready for tomorrow like I have never been ready for a game. Last year I was a little unsure what to expect from a home playoff game. I was overwhelmed by the emotion and passion from the fans and the team. This was true for the NFC Championship game and the Super Bowl also. Now I know how it feels to be there, I understand the significance and importance of the game. I am consumed with the desire for methodical, calculated, pure destruction of the opponent.

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hey! Carddan...

Play-Off fever has gripped us ALL! :)And tomorrow...it's all about opportunity. But to me, the MOST important thing is what you said... that we're NOT just dis-interested by-standers. NOW, it's OUR team! We have our SHOT!! Whether tomorrow yields JOY or DISAPPOINTMENT we were "in" it!! ...And I am already VERY PROUD of my team! GO CARDS!!:D Have a BLAST tomorrow, my friends! Mark :)

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was certain we would lose to Atlanta last year. I was Certain we would lose to Carolina as well.

I am still nervous about tomorrow, but I am ready.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I was certain we would lose to Atlanta last year. I was Certain we would lose to Carolina as well.

I am still nervous about tomorrow, but I am ready.

+1

But then, going into the NFC Championship game, it was a determination. All the stars had aligned to bring the NFC Champ game back to AZ. We could have been playing the NFL All-stars of the century, and I still would have felt great.

Another season, and here we are again, at the start of another home playoff. GBR!

:iwin:

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Win or lose, these Birds are flying high. It's been another solid season under Ken Whisenhunt. Now, go out and beat the funny little green men. :)

Doc Cardinal

Old Fart
Reaction score
Dan the great face painter is now Dan the poet.

It's posts like this one that make me proud to be a 50 year Cardinal fan.

Like the posters on this thread....from the plains of Iowa to the foothills of southern Ohio and back to the deserts of America's southwest....they'll be a plethora of "average" Card fans with their facepaint and Redbird gear and more than one person watching the game with them will ask..."Tell me again. Why do you root for for the Cardinals?"

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
Well said, all. We band of brothers and sisters will be focused on the task at hand..Go Cards!

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
Today, the NFL playoffs begin. Tomorrow, the Arizona Cardinals host the Green Bay Packers. I am just an average Cardinals’ fan .

Carddan my friend, you are much more than just an average fan!

I say, YOU ARE DA MAN!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn