My Comment on PP

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
The Athletic published a nice article about Peterson. Since it’s protected by copyright I can’t reproduce it here. I will convey what I wrote in the comment section.
“The honeymoon will crash & burn once it’s realized he is no longer the player he once was. I’m sure his ego has pushed him to get in top shape and he will get off to a good start. However, his constant whining to the officials and blaming others for his failures will soon wear thin. He is not a leader but he is an influencer. I think the Vikes will come to rue the day they added him to their team.“

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
I think the Vikings aleady know that he's not the player he once was, and I doubt they'll "rue the day" they signed him. He may not be a top-flight CB anymore, but he's still good enough to start, and by all accounts a very likeable teammate. The hate he gets is astounding.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Vikings aleady know that he's not the player he once was, and I doubt they'll "rue the day" they signed him. He may not be a top-flight CB anymore, but he's still good enough to start, and by all accounts a very likeable teammate. The hate he gets is astounding.
When someone claims to be the leader of the defense and wants to be paid that way yet performs subpar and cost the team games then yes there is a reason for the dislike

Heck the dodger ball girl is a better tackler than PP

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
What is most shocking to me is this: He is the exact opposite type of player that Mike Zimmer wants on a team playing his "Zimmer" brand of defense.

I'm honestly wondering if he may get benched at some point. Time will tell.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Athletic published a nice article about Peterson. Since it’s protected by copyright I can’t reproduce it here. I will convey what I wrote in the comment section.
“The honeymoon will crash & burn once it’s realized he is no longer the player he once was. I’m sure his ego has pushed him to get in top shape and he will get off to a good start. However, his constant whining to the officials and blaming others for his failures will soon wear thin. He is not a leader but he is an influencer. I think the Vikes will come to rue the day they added him to their team.“

good lord lol

you would think this guy was JaMarcus Russell the way some of these scorned fans talk. Likes he’s some type of team cancer yet the players on the actual team really like and respect the guy. That’s funny

a CB in his 30s isn’t the player he used to be? Noooooo

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i think the post is accurate, but a shade negative

i think P2 isnt back for two reasons:

I think his highs didnt outweigh his lows --

i suspect that he couldnt be trusted in zone -- went free lancing to try to jump routes.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm not gonna hate on the guy because he is the 2nd best CB that's ever played for the Cardinals since I started watching them in 1976. #1 being Aneas Williams. He clearly didn't have it anymore & wasn't worth no 10 million for sure. Countless times last year I watched younger WR's run right past him, he just doesn't have the same speed any longer. I'm sure the Vikings will find out about his speed soon if they haven't already & good luck getting him to tackle someone lol. He was just like "Prime Time" in the tackling dept lol.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Weird that people are still obsessed with this guy. How many games did he cost the Cards last year? Probably zero. Why u mad, bro?

Peterson is the 24th-highest paid corner in the NFL. What's shocking is how cheap the Cards have gone at what even Keim has said is one of the five most important positions. Malcolm Butler is our highest paid corner at $3.25m per year. Yikes.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Weird that people are still obsessed with this guy. How many games did he cost the Cards last year? Probably zero. Why u mad, bro?

Peterson is the 24th-highest paid corner in the NFL. What's shocking is how cheap the Cards have gone at what even Keim has said is one of the five most important positions. Malcolm Butler is our highest paid corner at $3.25m per year. Yikes.
He may have cost us a game or two. Last year, more often than not, he was getting blown by or drawing a defensive penalty at a crucial time (PI or hold).
However, I agree than the FO did a **** poor job of addressing the position this year. But as other have said, the CB's on the roster now are just as good if not better than what PP brought to the field last year.
I also agree with other posters who say PP has not been the same since the PED suspension. So this tells me that the PED's may have had more of an affect on his play than some want to believe.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I don't know what happened but he totally changed once he got suspended for using performance enhancing drugs. He was never the same player or leader. I also don't know why he is so bitter now towards the Cards since they certainly paid him well during his time here.
Yep. He stopped using PEDs. I soured on him once he absurdly demanded the team acclerate his salary to signing bonus after he was caught, raged at the team, then played subpar upon his return and demanded to be traded shortly after.

He acted like but did not play like a #1 CB after his return from PEDs. He got torched on the regular. Was he the best CB on the team? Yes, because he was a member of a trash-unit making him feel his #2 play was #1 level.

He was great for several years and fell off. It happens. He's gone now. Good for the team.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Peterson was a great Cardinal & his time has passed. It was time to move on, and we have. I've been around a long time & have seen IT ALL. IMO, the greatest of Cardinal CB's was A. Williams. To argue that is insane. Personally, I would put Wehrli ahead of Peterson too. Doesn't diminish the greatness of PP21. He had a great career as a Cardinal & we should appreciate the years he had with us. Torch him in week 2!!!

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Peterson was a great Cardinal & his time has passed. It was time to move on, and we have. I've been around a long time & have seen IT ALL. IMO, the greatest of Cardinal CB's was A. Williams. To argue that is insane. Personally, I would put Wehrli ahead of Peterson too. Doesn't diminish the greatness of PP21. He had a great career as a Cardinal & we should appreciate the years he had with us. Torch him in week 2!!!

Love the torch him in week 2. Wondering if his ego will make him cover Dhop. Would be fun to watch that.

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Wow, the hate for this guy has gone so ridiculously far, you'd think he sexually assaulted someone or murdered someone. He used PEDs to help with his diabetes. He wanted to leave when we were atrocious. Are these the best things? No. Did his age catch up to him a bit? Yes.

I'm rooting for the guy to play pretty well and am thankful for the years he put in here.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. He stopped using PEDs. I soured on him once he absurdly demanded the team acclerate his salary to signing bonus after he was caught, raged at the team, then played subpar upon his return and demanded to be traded shortly after.

He acted like but did not play like a #1 CB after his return from PEDs. He got torched on the regular. Was he the best CB on the team? Yes, because he was a member of a trash-unit making him feel his #2 play was #1 level.

He was great for several years and fell off. It happens. He's gone now. Good for the team.

Your comment was spot on but holy mackerel some of the Vikings fans responses ...

One guy told Harry to stick to magic and not football....

Mitch admittedly was also spot on in his response

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Your comment was spot on but holy mackerel some of the Vikings fans responses ...

One guy told Harry to stick to magic and not football....

Mitch admittedly was also spot on in his response
Well at least give those Vikings fans credit for the night court reference.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I just laughed how Pat P said his family will enjoy Minnesota after living in a mansion in Scottsdale. "We traded sand for snow"

You traded a palatial resort for snow. Have fun for 6 months
I’m sure his place in Minny is very nice, also.
He also as a beachside estate in Jamaica.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
the opposite of love is indifference, not hate. Sounds like Harry is still in love with PP lololololol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson