My Comment on PP

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
PP was a great player here for a very long time. He also was a diva. We knew that going in, and while there were some ups and downs, it was mostly positive.

It's hard to say whether desire, age, health, lack of PED's or some combination thereof has diminished him, but it was clear he wasn't the same player anymore.

I would have liked to keep him, but for better or worse, his fit on the team was uncertain.

Vance Joseph is our DC, and he apparently wants to run a bunch of zone. IMO, PP is just a guy at zone. I didn't see the passion or performance there when he played it. Who knows what that did to our defensive calls and performance if we had to handicap it to best utilize PP. Paying high dollar to an aging star to play out of his comfort zone just doesn't make sense.

He clearly felt jilted, but that outburst seems more like he was trying to save his ego from being bruised. Whatever.

If PP is used in man, has his health right, and is motivated and dedicated, he might have a couple more decent/good years. If that isn't the case, watch out. It could be an ugly fall from grace.

Of course he may have some insight into K1 so, it wouldn't surprise me to see him have a good game, or conversely K1 and K2 might devise a offensive gameplan that does not shy away from exposing him. If we do, I would expect that to be copied and utilized against him. I feel it could be, but not necessarily will be a career turning point game for PP.

I hope we kick his and the rest of the Vikings butts.

Hopefully, this is Keim accomplishing his 'don't keep a guy a year too long' point he's talked about before. PP only getting a 1 year deal would seem to indicate that the question marks were league-wide, not just with us.

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
I read the article. His anger towards Keim is pretty lame. The reality is he played like crap, which is why he didn't get an extension. Keim congratulated him on his new deal w Vikings and PP says, "that was the ultimate disrespect."

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe people should read the article before defending him. I have done more than my share on of defending him. The gist is:

He is below 200 lbs for the first time in 10 years
He is working out harder than he ever did with the Cardinals
He is spent his off season working on speed training, which he never did with the Cardinals
He is spending money on a hyperbaric chamber, pilates, yoga, everything to increase recovery and maintain flexibility, which he never did with the Cardinals.

He basically admits to half assing his way here the last few years and not putting out effort commiserate with his salary.

Me reading this article and my opinion on PP now

You must be registered for see images attach

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was Mitch's comment. It was excellent

Dan, you never once mentioned Peterson's trade request while a team captain in 2018 and even worse you fail to include any mention of his 6 game PED and coverup suspension in 2019 --- which Peterson handled by calling the Cardinals' FO "snakes in the grass" because they denied his request to pay him during his suspension --- so out of spite, he skipped OTAs with a new HC and DC on board and came back from his 6 week hiatus in golf shape. His CB play since the suspension has been consistently embarrassing for a player of his ilk.

Plus, the whole excuse of the Cardinals coaches giving Peterson "too much to think about" in what you ask him to do is laughable for a NFL CB of 10 years. The truth is, Peterson only plays on his terms. He thinks he's entitled to play in a tuxedo while every one else does the tackling and the busting up of screens and the chasing down of big plays , whether they be to his man or to a teammates'. When have you ever seen a good, hard, fundamental tackle in run support from Peterson? This is why teams run and throw screens to his side on a regular basis.

When have you ever seen him with his 4.4 speed come from out of nowhere to chase down a chunk yard play? He only plays his man.

After his rookie season, when have you ever seen him aggressively return a punt? He was arguably the best punt returner on the planet. The Cardinals never once saw that from him after year one. Check his momentum crushing punt muff versus Carolina in the 2015 NFC Championship game. And if you want to more accurately assess James Bettcher as an NFL DC, check out the Cardinals' defensive performance in that 49-15 ass whooping.

Painting Patrick Peterson as a poor victim of the Cardinals "tolerating" him is beyond absurd. GM Steve Keim stuck by Peterson through thick and thin --- he said he would personally go and pick Peterson up on the midnight when his 6 game suspension was over --- and then Keim after Peterson's suspension turned down a 1st round pick and WR Nelson Agholor from the Eagles in their effort to acquire Peterson at the trading deadline. Steve Keim put his money on Pat P. How did that act of faith turn out?

I usually revel in your work, Dan, but, man, this piece was a first-class cherry picking. It's as if Patrick Peterson wrote this article himself.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I believe people should read the article before defending him. I have done more than my share on of defending him. The gist is:

He is below 200 lbs for the first time in 10 years
He is working out harder than he ever did with the Cardinals
He is spent his off season working on speed training, which he never did with the Cardinals
He is spending money on a hyperbaric chamber, pilates, yoga, everything to increase recovery and maintain flexibility, which he never did with the Cardinals.

He basically admits to half assing his way here the last few years and not putting out effort commiserate with his salary.

Me reading this article and my opinion on PP now

You must be registered for see images attach
Yup. This was my takeaway too. I’ll bet we also see him tackling this year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave