Must Watch! Every Murray TD from last season! Amazing

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think he used the example of Lamar Jackson for a reason. Imo. He is a dual threat. Rosen is not.

To me that's not much of advantage if it appears to be what makes the QB special because that stuff does not work long in the NFL if you want the franchise title, and Jackson was true to the dual additive since he seemed to do better running than passing the ball as a rookie. In defense of Murray, he is a much better passer than Lamar at this point

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To me that's not much of advantage if it appears to be what makes the QB special because that stuff does not work long in the NFL if you want the franchise title, and Jackson was true to the dual additive since he seemed to do better running than passing the ball as a rookie. In defense of Murray, he is a much better passer than Lamar at this point
Absolutely. But, this is going to be KKs offense and it seems like he believes differently...and that's all that matters at this point. Imo.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I would dump Rosen for an Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning. Maybe even for someone who seems to have it all like Ryan Leaf. But not for someone with this many question marks.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I would dump Rosen for an Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning. Maybe even for someone who seems to have it all like Ryan Leaf. But not for someone with this many question marks.

I’m watching rookie highlights of Chubb in a 3-4 getting to the QB and Bosa is better. The transition will be nothing and he’s going to be a problem right away. Draft Bosa. :cool:

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

For all you haters and Murray lovers, watching this guys ability to extend plays and throw on the run is amazing. This guy has a cannon for an arm, but his ability to escape is spectacular. This is exactly what the Cardinals need, we all know the Cardinals Oline is garbage.

I Started its own thread, so the video doesn't get buried. The Cardinals can't pass on this guy he is special, he's a Mini Russell Wilson with Vick speed. I don't see how you can watch this video and not want the guy on this team. He does many things Rosen can't do. The main thing is escape the pass rush and extend plays with his legs, he is exactly what the Cards need!
that highlight video actually had the opposite effect on me. too many times I saw receivers have to adjust and wait for his throws, which means he doesn’t anticipate well. I only saw about four or five throws where he hit the receiver in stride. Too many of those touchdowns were complete breakdowns and coverage. I just went from thinking maybe we should to definitely don’t do it. I’m really hoping the Raiders trade the fourth and late first round pick to us to move up.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that highlight video actually had the opposite effect on me. too many times I saw receivers have to adjust and wait for his throws, which means he doesn’t anticipate well. I only saw about four or five throws where he hit the receiver in stride. Too many of those touchdowns were complete breakdowns and coverage. I just went from thinking maybe we should to definitely don’t do it. I’m really hoping the Raiders trade the fourth and late first round pick to us to move up.
Fantastic post

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Worst. Take. Ever.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Worst. Take. Ever.

No it's not, Murray does not work the middle of the field well and the routes completed are more stop and go which makes one question if he can utilize the middle of the field and throw timing routes, hitting the WR in stride. Murray has an amazing arm and such a quick release that often he can sling it in there with the illusion it was instinctive but that remains to be seen with the space he had to throw in the zones of the Big 12. Maybe he did not have to but can but then again. Look at Rosen's college highlight reel, look at some of his throws even in his rookie season... there are wonderful tight window throws which one expects of a NFL QB and it's a shame Kirk went out of the lineup because they started having a rapport

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I hereby guarantee that Murray will not be the pick. You heard it here first. It will by Bosa or Q. Bidwill isn’t going to let Keim screw this up.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No it's not, Murray does not work the middle of the field well and the routes completed are more stop and go which makes one question if he can utilize the middle of the field and throw timing routes, hitting the WR in stride. Murray has an amazing arm and such a quick release that often he can sling it in there with the illusion it was instinctive but that remains to be seen with the space he had to throw in the zones of the Big 12. Maybe he did not have to but can but then again. Look at Rosen's college highlight reel, look at some of his throws even in his rookie season... there are wonderful tight window throws which one expects of a NFL QB and it's a shame Kirk went out of the lineup because they started having a rapport
I guess I needed to add this...
:sarcasm::)

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Love the concept that we should just more or less ignore the offensive line so a guy that barely weighs 200 lbs can run for his life all day. Great offensive concept.

It's the same strategy I had in NFL Blitz, only Jake Plummer would lateral the ball to Adrian Murrell for the cheap TD every play.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Timm, I was always a fan of the taller, prototypical, pocket passer types. Coming out of Miami, OH, Big Ben was the guy I wanted. Not only did he have size, but the dude had escapability too. We had him sacked probably 10 times in the SB, and only managed to take him down about 3 times. I was never the fan of any QB under 6'3". When Palmer got hurt, it was so obvious that Stanton struggled to see over his linemen.

Murray is so much more than a short, fast QB. People want to compare Murray to Michael Vick & even Tim Tebow. He's nothing like them. Granted, he has Vick's speed, but he's so much more. As a baseball player (see Wilson, & even Mahomes played a lot of baseball), his release is perfect, effortless, and accurate. Vick & Tebow's releases were anything but perfect, effortless, or accurate. As a former college baseball player myself, I could always throw a football. Don't ask me why? But, at 61, I can still throw an accurate, tight spiral. Something about the baseball release that helps when it comes to throwing a football???

I see Murray more in the Mahomes camp. Mahomes is bigger, but not by much. Murray is faster though. Murray is able to throw from odd angles like Mahomes does. I think throwing a baseball all his life helps with that. Being able to deliver a pass like that helps to minimize the disadvantages of being shorter. Murray is a student of the QB position. Played that position from the time he was 5. He was always the size he is, and yet always dominated. I'm sure an adjustment needs to be made, as D's get faster as you move from one level to the next. He's never taken a step back as he's progressed up that ladder. His detractors say "wait until he sees the speed of NFL players". The kid has so many gears, that IMO, he'll make that adjustment. How is it that a guy like Mahomes can do that, and Murray can't??

As I see it, Murray's ceiling is so much higher than Rosen's. Can KK win with Josh? I certainly hope so if that's the decision we make. I just think that our margin of error has to be much smaller with Rosen at QB. Murray will make matters much easier for those around him. Time will tell. I'll be a Cardinal fan regardless. If we don't draft Murray, I only pray that he doesn't end up on a team that I despise. He's going to be very good to great & it'll be tough to watch him in someone else's uniform.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Timm, I was always a fan of the taller, prototypical, pocket passer types. Coming out of Miami, OH, Big Ben was the guy I wanted. Not only did he have size, but the dude had escapability too. We had him sacked probably 10 times in the SB, and only managed to take him down about 3 times. I was never the fan of any QB under 6'3". When Palmer got hurt, it was so obvious that Stanton struggled to see over his linemen.

Murray is so much more than a short, fast QB. People want to compare Murray to Michael Vick & even Tim Tebow. He's nothing like them. Granted, he has Vick's speed, but he's so much more. As a baseball player (see Wilson, & even Mahomes played a lot of baseball), his release is perfect, effortless, and accurate. Vick & Tebow's releases were anything but perfect, effortless, or accurate. As a former college baseball player myself, I could always throw a football. Don't ask me why? But, at 61, I can still throw an accurate, tight spiral. Something about the baseball release that helps when it comes to throwing a football???

I see Murray more in the Mahomes camp. Mahomes is bigger, but not by much. Murray is faster though. Murray is able to throw from odd angles like Mahomes does. I think throwing a baseball all his life helps with that. Being able to deliver a pass like that helps to minimize the disadvantages of being shorter. Murray is a student of the QB position. Played that position from the time he was 5. He was always the size he is, and yet always dominated. I'm sure an adjustment needs to be made, as D's get faster as you move from one level to the next. He's never taken a step back as he's progressed up that ladder. His detractors say "wait until he sees the speed of NFL players". The kid has so many gears, that IMO, he'll make that adjustment. How is it that a guy like Mahomes can do that, and Murray can't??

As I see it, Murray's ceiling is so much higher than Rosen's. Can KK win with Josh? I certainly hope so if that's the decision we make. I just think that our margin of error has to be much smaller with Rosen at QB. Murray will make matters much easier for those around him. Time will tell. I'll be a Cardinal fan regardless. If we don't draft Murray, I only pray that he doesn't end up on a team that I despise. He's going to be very good to great & it'll be tough to watch him in someone else's uniform.

"Mahomes is bigger, but not by much?"

In what world is half a foot and 30 lbs "not much?" I understand you want to defend your guy, but it's not a tiny difference. Plus, that's 30 lbs of muscle, not McDonalds chicken nuggets. Kyler doesn't have the frame to add more weight.

Mahomes doesn't have the gears that Murray has. He didn't have to adjust because he isn't a particularly similar player outside of playing baseball and in a similar offense.

But Mahomes also didn't have all of the adversity Murray is about to walk into. He sat for a year, under one of the most cerebral QBs in the game, with a proven coaching staff, strong offensive line, and elite offensive weapons. Kyler's coming in and we're gonna say "alright man you're all we got, do something with nothing!"

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Mahomes is bigger, but not by much?"

In what world is half a foot and 30 lbs "not much?" I understand you want to defend your guy, but it's not a tiny difference. Plus, that's 30 lbs of muscle, not McDonalds chicken nuggets. Kyler doesn't have the frame to add more weight.

Mahomes doesn't have the gears that Murray has. He didn't have to adjust because he isn't a particularly similar player outside of playing baseball and in a similar offense.

But Mahomes also didn't have all of the adversity Murray is about to walk into. He sat for a year, under one of the most cerebral QBs in the game, with a proven coaching staff, strong offensive line, and elite offensive weapons. Kyler's coming in and we're gonna say "alright man you're all we got, do something with nothing!"

Yea PA has gone full delusional and full mancrush that makes him not see anything clearly when he’s saying that crap and trying to make us eat it too.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
One more thing. he takes 7 - 12 step drops which makes a 10 yard pass 20 yards, That’s probably a part of why you saw receivers having to slow down and wait for the pass.

Also, how is that deep drop going to work when we are inside our own 5 yard line?

Just too many ifs and way too much hype around this kid.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yea PA has gone full delusional and full mancrush that makes him not see anything clearly when he’s saying that crap and trying to make us eat it too.
Or its just his opinion.. and maybe just as delusional as yours. Imo. Lol

OP
OP
DevonCardsFan

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
same dude who did Josh.

Murray faced Alabama defense tight windows down 21 to win the orangebowl. Best passer and Runner in the draft

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard