Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
-Size
-Experience at the college football
-Headcase father
-Might play baseball
-Low score on Wonderlic

Leverage the whole franchise!

You forgot to mention that he is just pretending to be black.
Also, has anyone seen his birth certificate? Was he born in America? Was he born a male? Does he have a twin who will actually be playing football while he plays baseball?

Does anyone really know this guy?

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
20 isn't terble....:rolleyes:

24293-a98356008f3891adc1001d47e56f8f48.jpg

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
A factor but it’s been a bad one. Success on the wonderlicr is high 30s but it’s been pointed out that mid 20s is adequate. So 20 is such a problem? So you would be against trading for deshaun Watson?

Did you miss where I repeatedly said the Wonderlic is a FACTOR and not the only thing? Watson had multiple years as a starter in college, he is bigger than Murray...factors in his favor, you see how that works? You weigh the pluses and minuses. Watson also didn’t go #1 overall...so there is that too.

I wanted Lamar Jackson last year at 15, despite his low Womderlic and other factors (like his Mom being his agent)...BUT we didn’t have a young QB on the roster nor had we just spent a first round pick the year before on a QB.

In order for me to give up on Rosen after 1 year there better be a Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck type sure thing coming out that checks all the boxes and there is absolutely no way I see Murray as any more of a sure thing than Rosen.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
His low football acumen should be the most concerning. As I've said in the past, people told me he has zero concept of an offensive scheme and can't diagram plays. If you guys want a QB where a broken play is you best offense, good luck with that. He's not going t be back there diagnosing defenses, calling out OL blocking schemes, or audibling into the right play.

His wonderlic score shouldn't surprise anyone. And, yes, it's more concerning for a QB because the ability to process information is key to success in the NFL for a QB. The wonderlic is just another piece of showing that ability.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quarterbacks
  • Ryan Finley: 43
  • Gardner Minshew: 42
  • Daniel Jones: 37
  • Easton Stick: 32
  • Clayton Thorson: 32
  • Trace McSorley: 31
  • Will Grier: 30
  • Brett Rypien: 28
  • Jarrett Stidham: 27
  • Drew Lock: 26
  • Tyree Jackson: 25
  • Dwayne Haskins: 25
  • Sean McGuire: 22
  • Kyler Murray: 20

K M doesn't test @ combine. Limits tests @ Pro Day. Low Wonderlic, interviews poorly, has 2 agents, meddling father..... and he is tiny. Oh yeah all of this screams #1 pick.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Other notable scores

Nick Bosa 23
Ed Oliver 20
Josh Allen 15
Q Williams 11
Rashan Gary 9

I’d be laughing at the Rashan Gary score if Quinnen Williams didn’t score an 11 while we are considering picking him first overall

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
20 isn't a problem. 15 or less is a problem. The Wonderlic is only loosely affiliated with on field success, and Murray's wasn't low enough to be a real concern. Can he diagram a professional play and diagnose a tricky defense? That's all that matters here. He's definitely got the athletic necessities.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will say that IF I was looking for a reason to say "Ah Ha" about Murray, this would be one of the reasons.

I mean if Rosen put up a 20 I would be pointing to it.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
20 isn't a problem. 15 or less is a problem. The Wonderlic is only loosely affiliated with on field success, and Murray's wasn't low enough to be a real concern. Can he diagram a professional play and diagnose a tricky defense? That's all that matters here. He's definitely got the athletic necessities.

And there was a report from the Combine that the white board was hardly his forte.

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
Yes, the Wonderlic is not a strong indicator in NFL QB performance, at least not linearly but it is still something you want to avoid being be last on.

It seems like the sweet spot for the last couple years is right around 25 which is where Baker, Mahomes and Trubisky scored (Lock and Haskins scored this too).

It's a very small piece of a large puzzle, but another piece to consider nonetheless.
Marino and Jim Kelly had worse scores. What a stupid thread. I guarantee we'd be happy with either of those guys back in the day.....

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He scored about the same as Vick (20) and Newton (21). It’s below average but not like Vince Young level incompetence (6!).
How about the jokers who scored 4? I mean, you probably get 4 for spelling your name right at least.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
Quite a few players dont take it seriously.

It's pretty easy, basic stuff.

That says a lot if true. You know its a measurement used specifically for the QB positions. Shouldn't you be fully prepared for it? Just another red flag in a list of many for Murray

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Quite a few players dont take it seriously.

It's pretty easy, basic stuff.

If they don't take it seriously isn't that itself a red flag? The Combine is basically the biggest job test/interview of most of their lives and if they don't take it seriously that is a poor reflection on that kid IMO.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard