WR Wonderlic Scores

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
some of these guys legitimately may not be able to read. athlete classes in college are a total joke. their homework and tests are done with the heavy "assistance" of tutors. i had a buddy who played d1 baseball and he said it was a cakewalk. imagine for football programs, which net the university millions each year

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I dismissed the wonderlick after Lamar Jackson. If a QB can score 13 and then land the MVP it doesn't matter equally for all players.
He had plenty of support and good coaching and he's the best runner since Vick. He's beaten the odds, but that's not anywhere near the norm at that spot.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
If you’re taking a WR, you’re going to have your choice of the best. Take him. No sense taking a lesser guy later and hope he turns out.
My choice is Ruggs.

Oh god, please not Ruggs. He is simply a one trick pony. He is in no way Hill. Much more like Ted Ginn Jr. In this great WR class should be a round 3 pick at most, imo. I would take Claypool way before Ruggs.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He had plenty of support and good coaching and he's the best runner since Vick. He's beaten the odds, but that's not anywhere near the norm at that spot.

don’t forget he’s just pretty damn good.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of you know what I do for a living. I haven't had a day off in a month.

Today I got through the day by taking some moments of escape here

And someone reported me for pasting too much of this article for you all to read and hopefully escape too.

So thank you to the person who Happily And Readily Reported Yesterday's article.

I am sure your open disagreement with the premise had nothing to do with the report

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

And someone reported me for pasting too much of this article for you all to read and hopefully escape too.

So thank you to the person who Happily And Readily Reported Yesterday's article.

I am sure your open disagreement with the premise had nothing to do with the report
Sad

some people’s children

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oh god, please not Ruggs. He is simply a one trick pony. He is in no way Hill. Much more like Ted Ginn Jr. In this great WR class should be a round 3 pick at most, imo. I would take Claypool way before Ruggs.
People said the same thing about dk metcalf prior to the draft “one trick pony” he had a pretty solid rookie season. If we are taking one of the 3, I want lamb. I think in 2-3 years he’s the best WR of this loaded WR class

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I for one appreciate all the info you post.

I'm sure most of us do.

Thanks, :thumbup:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Claypool before Ruggs? Please tell me that you don't work as a scout for the Cardinals. Please.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

I for one appreciate all the info you post.

I'm sure most of us do.

Thanks, :thumbup:

Me too Chris. What a childish and emotionally weak thing to do.

I appreciate your contributions.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

I appreciate the contributions as well. Loved what you posted recently...thank you again!

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

Probably someone who you may have banned recently. Childish behavior.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Take Isaiah Simmons and throw the ball to Hopkins.

As to the Wonderlic, scoring higher is better. You don't have to be intelligent to play football, but it doesn't hurt. Those playbooks are thick for the offense. We as fans never really know why a play didn't work, but often the guy just runs the wrong play.
And if you care about these guys, very often it's the dumb ones that earn 70 million dollars in a career and end up broke.

Take the better football player, but if they're exactly even, take the guy who can spell.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny this was a topic on 98.7 this morning. I wonder who reads the board from there.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Take Isaiah Simmons and throw the ball to Hopkins.

As to the Wonderlic, scoring higher is better. You don't have to be intelligent to play football, but it doesn't hurt. Those playbooks are thick for the offense. We as fans never really know why a play didn't work, but often the guy just runs the wrong play.
And if you care about these guys, very often it's the dumb ones that earn 70 million dollars in a career and end up broke.

Take the better football player, but if they're exactly even, take the guy who can spell.
I'd take the guy who can't spell. The other guy is spending too much time in the classroom and not enough time on the FB field. :)

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
some of these guys legitimately may not be able to read. athlete classes in college are a total joke. their homework and tests are done with the heavy "assistance" of tutors. i had a buddy who played d1 baseball and he said it was a cakewalk. imagine for football programs, which net the university millions each year
My daughter was on one of the Fiesta Bowl courts years ago. When they had the dinner with one of the teams she got to interact with some of the players. The team was at the time a football factory.

She asked them what they majored in? They all laughed and told her they majored in football. They asked her what her major was and when she told them they made fun of her for being smart.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Claypool before Ruggs? Please tell me that you don't work as a scout for the Cardinals. Please.

We will see in time, but yes I believe Claypool will have a stronger career and be more important to his team than Ruggs will. Of course like all players, much depends on who drafts, develops, and the way they are used by their pro team.