Murray Scores Lowest on Wonderlic

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yes, the Wonderlic is not a strong indicator in NFL QB performance, at least not linearly but it is still something you want to avoid being be last on.

It seems like the sweet spot for the last couple years is right around 25 which is where Baker, Mahomes and Trubisky scored (Lock and Haskins scored this too).

It's a very small piece of a large puzzle, but another piece to consider nonetheless.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, the Wonderlic is not a strong indicator in NFL QB performance, at least not linearly but it is still something you want to avoid being be last on.

It seems like the sweet spot for the last couple years is right around 25 which is where Baker, Mahomes and Trubisky scored (Lock and Haskins scored this too).

It's a very small piece of a large puzzle, but another piece to consider nonetheless.

:sad:
But its not his fault.Daddy didn`t tell him to practice for it.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Where are you getting this info?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
He scored about the same as Vick (20) and Newton (21). It’s below average but not like Vince Young level incompetence (6!).

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
For the other positions, Quinnen Williams scored an 11, Ed Oliver 20, Bosa 23, Josh Allen 15, N’Keal Harry 24.

Rashan Gary and Riley Ridley tie for worst score at 9.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure historically if the Wonderlic means much but I really dislike low scores. I usually equate that to lack of preparation.

I’m 100% with ya actually

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Not sure historically if the Wonderlic means much but I really dislike low scores. I usually equate that to lack of preparation.

It means little, but it’s not expendable. it’s one of those things a QB should score somewhat decent on because it tests processing, preparation, fluency and decision-making, which are important characteristics of being a successful QB. Having the lowest score at the position is pretty embarrassing

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If true it’s not a good indicator for a QB just my opinion
QBs with less than 20:
Mcnabb
Terry Bradshaw
Mcnair
Lamar Jackson
Jim Kelly
Cunningham
Marino
Culpepper

Scored 20:
Vick
David carr
Bridgewater
Deshaun Watson

Scored 21: cam

As an aside - fitz scored an 18

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Deshaun Watson scored 20 and seems to be doing fine in the league. Dan Marino scored 16 and he's one of the GOAT quarterbacks. Bottom line is a score of 20 is not a deal breaker in my view.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
QBs with less than 20:
Mcnabb
Terry Bradshaw
Mcnair
Lamar Jackson
Jim Kelly
Cunningham
Marino
Culpepper

Scored 20:
Vick
David carr
Bridgewater
Deshaun Watson

Scored 21: cam

As an aside - fitz scored an 18

That’s great but not a large list really considering how long the NFL has been around... In fact %’s much like his height would suggest he’s even less likely to be a success...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That’s great but not a large list really considering how long the NFL has been around... In fact %’s much like his height would suggest he’s even less likely to be a success...
But interestingly it may be a disproportionately large number of HOFers.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Since the Millennium the lowest score for a Super Bowl winning QB on the Wonderlic is 22, Trent Dilfer. Next lowest was Big Ben with a 25.

People dismiss it as a test but it means something in the grand scheme of things.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Since the Millennium the lowest score for a Super Bowl winning QB on the Wonderlic is 22, Trent Dilfer. Next lowest was Big Ben with a 25.

People dismiss it as a test but it means something in the grand scheme of things.
Measuring by the super bowl is way too narrow a scope. If that’s the litmus test no player will ever make the mark at any position.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Measuring by the super bowl is way too narrow a scope. If that’s the litmus test no player will ever make the mark at any position.

Too narrow? Seriously? That what this is all about, finding a guy to lead us to championships.

A great QB means more to a Super Bowl team than any other position. His score is yet another factor to be considered in the big picture of him as a prospect.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson