Movie-A-Day

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was just thinking--we're in kind of a dead time right now (early football, no basketball), and I thought it would be cool to do a movie-a-day thing for the regs.

Come up with a list of people who are pretty much here every morning and every week, one person can pick any movie they want and start a thread, and then the rest of us can talk about it all day. The next day, another movie, and so on. After 7 days (or 5 to make it easier), the next person on the list gets to do it for a week.

This may be just a stupid dumb idea, but I thought it would be cool--that way we don't have to just pick things out of the air. I would include both theatrical movies and movies on DVD, so that would work really well. Can you imagine one day talking about T3, the next Song of the South, and then the next day The Godfather?

And I know we have a lot of people here that are really into movies, so this could turn out to be really cool.

Just post after this message to show your interest, and if there is enough, we'll institute it (create a list of posters, etc)...

Chap

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by mdamien13
I'm in. Can we put in a big NO SPOILERS mandate? :D

I would say only for newer releases, but the intent is to discuss movies we've already seen...

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
I'm in...but I need at least three days notice so I can make sure I've seen the movie before I discuss.

Perhaps a schedule?

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds very cool, I'm in.

We could also form a movie club, and every week, we watch some new movie none of us have seen, and talk about it during the week.

Mike

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chandler Mike
Sounds very cool, I'm in.

We could also form a movie club, and every week, we watch some new movie none of us have seen, and talk about it during the week.

Mike

Fo schizel my nizzel! :thumbup:

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Cool. I'll put together a schedule--we have a good number of people, so this should be cool.
Chap

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Okay, I've come up with a schedule by week...

Week 1: ME! :D
Week 2: Chandler Mike
Week 3: Cardinals.Ken
Week 4: mdamien13
Week 5: arthurraccoon
Week 6: schutd
Week 7: Evil Ash
Week 8: Dback Jon
Week 9: Fischerking
Week 10: stout
Week 11: maddogkf
Week 12: Shane H

Now we just have to decide a couple things...

1) What is the weekly schedule? Wed to Tues, Sun to Sat?

2) Should it be only weekdays that we do it and not weekends?

3) Should there be backups if the guy that week isn't around?

This is turning more complicated then I originally thought, but it might be cool... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
Okay, I've come up with a schedule by week...

Week 1: ME! :D
Week 2: Chandler Mike
Week 3: Cardinals.Ken
Week 4: mdamien13
Week 5: arthurraccoon
Week 6: schutd
Week 7: Evil Ash
Week 8: Dback Jon
Week 9: Fischerking
Week 10: stout

Now we just have to decide a couple things...

1) What is the weekly schedule? Wed to Tues, Sun to Sat?

2) Should it be only weekdays that we do it and not weekends?

3) Should there be backups if the guy that week isn't around?

This is turning more complicated then I originally thought, but it might be cool... :rolleyes:

Is a movie a week too much? What about a movie every 2 days? I dunno, maybe a week is too long?

Mike

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chandler Mike
Is a movie a week too much? What about a movie every 2 days? I dunno, maybe a week is too long?

Mike

Maybe a movie every 2 days would work, but a movie a week, would probably get stale after a couple days.

Thoughts?

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe a movie every 2 days would work, but a movie a week, would probably get stale after a couple days.

Thoughts?

That's what I was thinking.

Or here's an idea...we could let a thread run its course, when it looks like that movie thread is dead, we move on to the next one?

And just have a list of the order of nominating movies.

Mike

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thoughts?

Every couple of days is cool - I can't imagine you'd have anything productive to say about Armageddon for an entire week Chap. :D

Shawn

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I just thought it would be really casual. Like if it's your week, every morning during that week, you'd post a thread with the title of the movie you picked. No nominating, no nothing. If you come into the office one morning and think, "I wanna talk about Office Space," then Office Space would be the Movie-a-Day that day. Pretty simple.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by FischerKing
Every couple of days is cool - I can't imagine you'd have anything productive to say about Armageddon for an entire week Chap. :D

Shawn

There's an idea, we should get Bob to be on the list, maybe it'll get him to post more... :D

FYI, anyone else that shows an interest to take the lead on a week, I'll just add to the end of the schedule. BIM??

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just thought it would be really casual. Like if it's your week, every morning during that week, you'd post a thread with the title of the movie you picked. No nominating, no nothing. If you come into the office one morning and think, "I wanna talk about Office Space," then Office Space would be the Movie-a-Day that day. Pretty simple.

I get it - so we have a week assigned to us and we just post on whatever movie we want to for that day - that's cool, I like that.

Shawn

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by FischerKing
I get it - so we have a week assigned to us and we just post on whatever movie we want to for that day - that's cool, I like that.

Shawn
Exactly. It's all up to you. Whatever you want.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn