'Los Suns' jerseys set for Cinco de Mayo

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, this thread is inching closer to being moved.
I am going to get the Los Suns jersey while at the game tonight because
1) I celebrate diversity in all aspects of life
2) I think the new bill is BS
3) and biggest reason of all; i am a Suns fan.

Do i support illegal immigration? nope. but rationalizing my stance to those who cant see the difference between not supporting this bill and illegal immigration is a waste of precious time.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't actually indicate "across the country"...however it's funny you picked Wisconsin: I was at La Perla in Milwaukee on May 5th some years ago and they were having a huge Cinco de Mayo bash. The place was packed with white people who had probably never seen a Mexican up close and they were whooping it up with the margaritas. Or maybe I used the term "celebrated" too loosely. My point is that if the Los Suns jersey turns off your average redneck in middle America, he is probably a hypocrite.

Not a small town, I know, but I didn't specify that in the first place. :D

I was going to add people in Wisconsin celebrate Cinco de Mayo, Seis de Mayo, Siete de Mayo, Ocho de Mayo ... they celebrate the whole month. And the preceding months. And the following months. People in Wisconsin pretty much celebrate Cinco de Mayo every day. They live it.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Whether or not you agree with the "Los Suns" Jersey - Sarver picked the wrong time to make a political statement. Everyone in the Suns organization is being asked about this in the local and national press. Guess who isn't worrying about any of this and is just focusing on the game?

Um, the Spurs are getting asked about it too.

You're REALLY into thinking off the field/court stuff is just a giant distraction and players are such mental midgets that they can't deal with anything. This post is almost as ridiculous as your "UpTown" thread.

illone

Reaction score

You're REALLY into thinking off the field/court stuff is just a giant distraction and players are such mental midgets that they can't deal with anything. This post is almost as ridiculous as your "UpTown" thread.

Yea, no kidding. It's Cinco de Mayo for crying out loud....

OP
OP
Bufalay

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
found this on another forum I post on and really wanted to share. I think anyone going to the game tonight should do this.

Think about this. What would the Suns organization do if 2,000 people entered US Airways Center without tickets and just sat themselves in whatever seat they wanted? They could sit courtside, in suites, or heck the upper deck would be perfect because no one wants those seats. They should demand free popcorn, soda, beer, hot dogs, you name it. Heck, they could sit on the bench. I'm sure these ultra-conscious players wouldn't mind giving up their seat on the bench (yeah right). When they're asked for their tickets they should scream bloody murder that it's not fair and they're just trying to seek better entertainment for their families. I'd love to see someone sit in Robert Sarver or Steve Kerr's seat. I'm sure they wouldn't mind one bit.

Good one

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ignorant analogy there.

Asking to see your ticket at the door of a ticketed sporting event is not racial profiling. Everyone in attendance has to show their "papers".

Pretty sure that's the point. You're required to carry papers to prove your citizenship if you are not a natural citizen. Now people are talking about this is a burden. This is the law, if you do not carry your papers, you are breaking it. You agreed to this when you signed on the dotted line. If you didn't, then you have to 'right' to complain.

As far as I am concerned, everyone should have to carry a national id card and should have to show it when asked by police.

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
Ignorant analogy there.

Asking to see your ticket at the door of a ticketed sporting event is not racial profiling. Everyone in attendance has to show their "papers".

I didnt write it, I just felt the need to share. Everyone in the country should have to show papers. To live in the US is a privelage not a right, just as going to a sporting event.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Pretty sure that's the point. You're required to carry papers to prove your citizenship if you are not a natural citizen. Now people are talking about this is a burden. This is the law, if you do not carry your papers, you are breaking it. You agreed to this when you signed on the dotted line. If you didn't, then you have to 'right' to complain.

As far as I am concerned, everyone should have to carry a national id card and should have to show it when asked by police.
they do..it's called a DL or state ID. you should not be required to show anything beyond that...unless you are truly a resident alien. I know I leave my DL at home by accident sometimes. good thing i moved away from AZ or I might get deported....joking here.

anyway as far as moving this thread??? why does it need to be moved. this topic is dead in the center of your local community and it involves sports. for a country that prides itself in being able to speak freely everyone is soo darn sensetive on these types of issues.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I didnt write it, I just felt the need to share. Everyone in the country should have to show papers. To live in the US is a privelage not a right, just as going to a sporting event.
Exactly...men from texas...probably AZ and many other states fought and gave their lives for their country before it was even american... see the alamo. Given that these two teams by percentage might have the largest hispanic fanbases in the Association I think this is a brilliant move by sarver! So yes it is a great privelage to be an american citizen...I wish people knew that and held it sacred. It's a privelage that many people are willing to die for.

Texas and AZ used to be mexico. so you are going to deal with pro-mexican culture plain and simple. nothing can change that. moving this thread, ignoring it, blaming a particular person or crowd won't solve the problems of illegal immigration. Considering America was founded on the frontier spirit of expansion and manifest destiny I think immigration is a great thing if we can find a way to improve this. I just don't know that we can because immigration...legal or illegal...ethical or unethical.. by people of all races has happened here since day 1.

I like what the suns are doing here especially for their fanbase. They are not advocating illegal immigration, they are simply recognizing the LEGAL fans of their homestate who are of that culture. We celebrate an irish holiday don't we?

Last edited:

illone

Reaction score

Hopefully you also understand that immigrants from other countries helped FOUND this great nation of ours. Illegals from Africa, Asia, Europe, and yes Mexico took up arms against the british when they were trying to instill their government on us back in the day.

So what, it's ok for other countries to help defend us, but they can't live here without papers?

Doesn't make much sense to me.

If anything we should provide amnesty to the illegals already living and working here as the main problem resides with illegals who are here committing crimes.

This bill is only scratching the surface and does not attack the core of the problems here in AZ.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Where were the "τους ήλιους" jerseys on March 26th to honor Greek Independence day (3/25)?

OP
OP
Bufalay

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I completely agree. Everyone should be required at all times to be ready and willing to prove that they are not breaking any crimes at the request of a police officer, 4th amendment be damned.

I look forward to the day when this line of reasoning is applied to the entire legal code. Until that day, I will not feel safe.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Think about this. What would the Suns organization do if 2,000 people entered US Airways Center without tickets and just sat themselves in whatever seat they wanted? They could sit courtside, in suites, or heck the upper deck would be perfect because no one wants those seats. They should demand free popcorn, soda, beer, hot dogs, you name it. Heck, they could sit on the bench. I'm sure these ultra-conscious players wouldn't mind giving up their seat on the bench (yeah right). When they're asked for their tickets they should scream bloody murder that it's not fair and they're just trying to seek better entertainment for their families. I'd love to see someone sit in Robert Sarver or Steve Kerr's seat. I'm sure they wouldn't mind one bit.

That analogy is so bad that I honestly didn't even get it.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
To live in the US is a privelage not a right, just as going to a sporting event.

Sounds like someone needs to check up on his Constitution. Living in the U.S. is a right extended to, among others, anyone born in the country, period. If you don't like it, that's okay, but you're talking about a major change to one of the founding principles of the nation.

Fortunately for you, being too uneducated to have any idea how to spell "privilege" is also a right. Carry on.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score

What is 'my UpTown' thread'?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Where were the "τους ήλιους" jerseys on March 26th to honor Greek Independence day (3/25)?
If we had USA states that used to be of greek territory or a foreign player it would make total sense to me. Maybe the N.O. hornets should represent the french more...and dallas should have a german section for dirk like the raptors and bucks do for their guys(turkey/israel isn't it)?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Sounds like someone needs to check up on his Constitution. Living in the U.S. is a right extended to, among others, anyone born in the country, period. If you don't like it, that's okay, but you're talking about a major change to one of the founding principles of the nation.

Fortunately for you, being too uneducated to have any idea how to spell "privilege" is also a right. Carry on.
I agree......you are correct. I just think that until you lose the basic things that you take for granted...it's hard to understand just how good we have it. and to be thankful for the people that are willing to sacrifice it all to protect our country and our freedom. I think illegal immigration is out of control and it is a major problem especially with human trafficking and drug trafficking. However, i think a lot of people are just trying to make their lives better by immigrating here the LEGAL way. A lot of mexicans are good hard working people just trying to improve their lives. It's unfortunate that you have some of these people who just abuse the system and break the law at the expense of innocent mexicans and americans respectively. I just wish they would find a way to make it more of a legitimate process to make everyone happy. wishful thinking i guess.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Rats! beat me to it.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
I completely agree. Everyone should be required at all times to be ready and willing to prove that they are not breaking any crimes at the request of a police officer, 4th amendment be damned.

I look forward to the day when this line of reasoning is applied to the entire legal code. Until that day, I will not feel safe.

Please tell me you are joking.

illone

Reaction score

:bang:

You'll feel more safe if we allow the government to violate the civil liberties of others?

HAHA, irony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard