Looks like we may luck into the best possible scenario

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
what was the stat, 75% of all home teams win 7 game series. so we gotta be the 25% in likely three or four straight rounds? that doesn't seem doable.

suns haven't done themselves any favors in losing the mavs and rockets games.

cepstrum

Shqiptar i Qart
Reaction score
what was the stat, 75% of all home teams win 7 game series. so we gotta be the 25% in likely three or four straight rounds? that doesn't seem doable.

suns haven't done themselves any favors in losing the mavs and rockets games.

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on that 75% stat. If it is true, it is probably because the team with the home court advantage is better. As a result they win most of the time. That really doesn't apply this year given that the top 6 teams are within a couple of games of each other. Each capable of winning on the others home court.

I do agree with you though. Home court would have been nice, but the suns had to screw it up by losing to two teams they should have beaten.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
How exactly do they match up well in a 7 game series, I don't think they, match up at all. Examples, would be nice.

Some questions.

How would Houston solve Amare? I didn't see anyone that could guard him all year.
How do they solve Shaq over 7 games?
Can you count on Mutombo to put together consistent defensive performances 7 games?
T-Mac is hurt, he played well against the Suns but has looked average for weeks, how is he going to put together 4 dominating performances?
Scola had a great game but he is a 10/6 guy, can he put up 20/10 in 7 games? I am guessing 15/8 max over 7 games.

I kind of agree with that,

But Scola seems to be a fringe all-star when he plays Stoudemire. Simply, Scola plays a HUGE factor against the Suns when they meet, because the Suns let him. Mutombo too, then you have Landry who plays like a poor man's Haslem against the Suns..... Brandon Bass, remember that Mavs game where Brandon Bass was a HUGE contributor offensively for the Mavs.

The you have McGrady either hot or cold, when hot the Suns almost always lose, when cold, Rockets lose. So pretty much 50/50, Bell or Hill cant guard McGrady so its McGrady to lose the game for the Rox really...

OP
OP
ASUCHRIS

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
How is not getting homecourt advantage in any round and currently setting up to play SAS, winner of Dallas/New Orleans, and then the Lakers/Jazz winner a dream scenario? I think if the ball bounces their way they might be able to do it, but running that gauntlet is a freaking nightmare.

Assuming of course we play Houston in the first round. If there is any team in the west that doesn't scare me, it's Houston. In addition, the two teams that scare me the most are SA and LA, so if we could avoid them until the WCF, that would be huge.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Assuming of course we play Houston in the first round. If there is any team in the west that doesn't scare me, it's Houston. In addition, the two teams that scare me the most are SA and LA, so if we could avoid them until the WCF, that would be huge.
The problem as of now is that SA is the 3 seed and there's a pretty good chance they end up as such as well. Still two games left though with much to be determined and I agree it's crucial to stay with the Houston matchup even if it means tanking a game or two.