OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great 80 minutes by Liverpool in the champions league until they switched off. 5-2 going away to Rome. I'll take that for sure. Score 1 and they have to score 5. I don't see that happening.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, but the Oxlade Chamberlin injury looked really bad. I'm sure he will be out the rest of the season and probably the World Cup too. Shame.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
It is a shame. There is so much at stake for these players at this time of year for both club and country. I’m super thrilled for the World Cup!

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good semi final. Wasn't as close as the 7-6 aggregate scoreline shows. Love to face Real Madrid in the final that I think Liverpool takes.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Roma played their heart out. 7-6 doesn't quite do Liverfool justice, but I bet they're happy there's no VAR :) Still, they well deserved to advance to the final. Bagging that first goal was huge.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Roma played their heart out. 7-6 doesn't quite do Liverfool justice, but I bet they're happy there's no VAR :) Still, they well deserved to advance to the final. Bagging that first goal was huge.

People talk about VAR in that game but the pen they actually awarded at the end more than made up for it. Klavan's arm was right at his side and they called it anyway.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Liverpool have the team to beat Real in the final. I say they win 2-1 in Kiev.

Stout

Reaction score
People talk about VAR in that game but the pen they actually awarded at the end more than made up for it. Klavan's arm was right at his side and they called it anyway.

Yeah, that's fair.

I don't agree with your prediction--I don't think there's any way Liverpool manage to only concede 1 to RM--but you might be able to outscore them. It'll be an exciting match, to be sure.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Liverpool won't be as bad defensively as they were in Roma. They were holding on because they could. Real barely squeaked by Juve and Bayern. I don't think they have played against a team like Liverpool this season and will be in for a shock... as long as we don't have any more injuries.

Stout

Reaction score
Liverpool won't be as bad defensively as they were in Roma. They were holding on because they could. Real barely squeaked by Juve and Bayern. I don't think they have played against a team like Liverpool this season and will be in for a shock... as long as we don't have any more injuries.

You're definitely feeling your oats, DCR! You talk about Juve and Bayern as if they're chopped liver. Both are far better than Roma, who advanced further than they should have. Liverpool CAN win, but it's by no means a fait accompli that they WILL win. They have a shot. Can't ask for more than that.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're definitely feeling your oats, DCR! You talk about Juve and Bayern as if they're chopped liver. Both are far better than Roma, who advanced further than they should have. Liverpool CAN win, but it's by no means a fait accompli that they WILL win. They have a shot. Can't ask for more than that.

Oh I know that the 2 time defending champs can win and are favorites to win. I just think that Liverpool will win.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I agree with stout here. Juve are beasts and that comeback was incredible. Bayern are capable of beating Liverpool no doubt. I think liverpool have a great shot but I don’t think Real Madrid would be fearing them. If anything it should be the opposite and Liverpool now have to prove themselves. I think they are capable but it will be interesting.

And I will keep my VAR hate campaign alive. Fans will praise it when it works for their favour but I think it is going to burn and be a double edge sword when it doesn’t. and it will slow the game down. In the end the refs will still blow calls on video. Just wait for the World Cup..

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with stout here. Juve are beasts and that comeback was incredible. Bayern are capable of beating Liverpool no doubt. I think liverpool have a great shot but I don’t think Real Madrid would be fearing them. If anything it should be the opposite and Liverpool now have to prove themselves. I think they are capable but it will be interesting.

And I will keep my VAR hate campaign alive. Fans will praise it when it works for their favour but I think it is going to burn and be a double edge sword when it doesn’t. and it will slow the game down. In the end the refs will still blow calls on video. Just wait for the World Cup..

Real shouldn't fear anyone. They are the two time defending champs for a reason. I think that Liverpool and how they are playing this year are the best team that they will face this year in the competition. I like Real's chances more if it were a 2 legged tie. Both teams will be going at it and that is an advantage for Liverpool.

I still contend my desire for VAR to get calls right. Sure some calls will be missed with VAR, but it will be much less than without it. As long as they show the live spectators what the referee sees, I don't think they will mind either.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Real shouldn't fear anyone. They are the two time defending champs for a reason. I think that Liverpool and how they are playing this year are the best team that they will face this year in the competition. I like Real's chances more if it were a 2 legged tie. Both teams will be going at it and that is an advantage for Liverpool.

I still contend my desire for VAR to get calls right. Sure some calls will be missed with VAR, but it will be much less than without it. As long as they show the live spectators what the referee sees, I don't think they will mind either.
Absolutely agree about the Liverpool Madrid matchup. Will be fun to watch. El Classico was amazing last night. Probably would have been a win for Madrid had ronaldo not fell hurt. Interesting to see the long term effect of that. For me VAR won’t be so bad if they limit the reviews to very few important calls only.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
the finish in the premier league just got somewhat interesting with chelsea beating Liverpool and spurs losing to West Brom. Those results impacting both top and bottom of the table.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the finish in the premier league just got somewhat interesting with chelsea beating Liverpool and spurs losing to West Brom. Those results impacting both top and bottom of the table.

Yeah. Liverpool has been focusing on the Champions League and it shows. Plus the injuries are starting to take their toll. They had to start Alexander Arnold in midfield against Chelsea because of it. Pretty sad that Lallana, Can, and Oxlade Chamberlin are all out of the midfield.

It is still no guarantee that Chelsea win out as they have Man U for the last game of the season. I still think that they fall outside the top 4 again.

Stout

Reaction score
Yeah. Liverpool has been focusing on the Champions League and it shows. Plus the injuries are starting to take their toll. They had to start Alexander Arnold in midfield against Chelsea because of it. Pretty sad that Lallana, Can, and Oxlade Chamberlin are all out of the midfield.

It is still no guarantee that Chelsea win out as they have Man U for the last game of the season. I still think that they fall outside the top 4 again.

Newcastle have Spurs and Chelsea left. Maybe the Mags can be your #2 team this week :)

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Then how about you tell your team to not show up next weekend... :)

A win over a Big-6 is always huge... but, at the end of the day, our job is done.

It's funny, Brighton fans were very worried we would get nothing from our last 6 games (@Palace, vTottenham, @Burnley, vManU, @ManCity & @Liverpool) and collapse into late season relegation, and we've had 5 points from the first 3... be interesting to see how many points we get out of 6 games where the expectation was 0.

Stout

Reaction score
A win over a Big-6 is always huge... but, at the end of the day, our job is done.

It's funny, Brighton fans were very worried we would get nothing from our last 6 games (@Palace, vTottenham, @Burnley, vManU, @ManCity & @Liverpool) and collapse into late season relegation, and we've had 5 points from the first 3... be interesting to see how many points we get out of 6 games where the expectation was 0.

Be wary of players mentally heading to the beach once safety is secured.

--Signed, Newcastle

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Be wary of players mentally heading to the beach once safety is secured.

--Signed, Newcastle
there's a lot of that going on up and down the table. That's why this is the best league in the world(in spite of city clinching long ago). it's never over and any team can beat the other.

Lorenzo

Reaction score

Yeah I still think Chelsea left it too late. some of their terrible losses from before should come back to haunt them in the end to be fair. but spurs and Liverpool need to take care of their business. I do not want to see Chelsea make it in.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I still think Chelsea left it too late. some of their terrible losses from before should come back to haunt them in the end to be fair. but spurs and Liverpool need to take care of their business. I do not want to see Chelsea make it in.

Chelsea drew at Huddlesfield today meaning that Liverpool only need a draw against Brighton this weekend to secure top 4.

We could always secure it by winning against Real anyway.... :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson