Like last week we need to take the first one for 7

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
I have no idea what coach Whiz has in store for us in this gameplan.All we can do is speculate due to the folks the other team is missing and the rookies that are gonna be playing CB for them,that also have groin issues.

I watched some tape on NFL Network that timed Kurt Warner and his release last week and on a couple plays they showed it was only 1.5 seconds.One of those was the Breaston crossing route that was cleared out and he ran underneath.

No way on earth any defensive end or ray gun can hit Kurt Warner in 1.5 seconds.I think our two tackles and maybe we start the veteran instead of Levi to make sure Kurt does'nt take that one key hit like the one that put Tim Tebow out for the game.

It only takes one miss and a free man coming and lights go out.I know we will have the middle pretty much open.Yes they will start a new middle linebacker in the place of the starter who has led the team in tackles for years but the replacement was also a 20+ game starter in his past also.So Brackett will be missed but they will have a decent backup in there.

Freeney has taken most of the week off and has just rested due to the miami sweat box game.I think we will mix our run and pass like we normally do and won't come out in the no-huddle or anything special (YET).Coach is saving that for something or sometime special.It could still be this game.

I'm just glad our Defense has had plenty of time to work against being ready to play against the no-huddle and all of Mannings fake snaps and fake hard counts.I'd say peyton and Kurt are the two best no-huddle pre snap defensive readers in the game today.That putting Favre third on this short list.

I expect to see lots of Reggie Wells pulling and opening holes with some trap plays against Mathis going to the right and make sure Freeney does'nt tackle the play from behind.Gandy will be very glad to get in some run blocking to attack Freeney and not just sit back and protect against him all night.

I hate that we are keeping Breaston out of practice.I hope its just coach playing it safe with him and not wanting to put anymore pressure on that knee than he has too.I would'nt risk the ankle with Levi to start with.He'd have to convince me by jumping over a car before I'd let him start against Mathis tomorrow night.

Hopefully we have some planned roll outs to move the pocket and I surely expect the biggest part of our rush to come from the middle of our defensive line and try not to allow manning to step into his throws.We have the guys to make that happen.Plus we also have the guys to block passing lanes and block some passes and possible interceptions to follow.Whis is 17 and OH when his team wins the turnover battle in a game.

It'd be great to see Beanie break a couple mid range runs for first downs and give Hightower a break as I feel Timmy is gonna catch a ton of balls again in this game.

Defensively I can tell you we can't have any offsides first and I'm sure they will score but we can't let that get us upset or change our attitude.WE have to let it roll off our backs and just act like the mindset of a Corner back and get ready for the next time we're on the field.

It just means its time for our offense to get back on the field and score some more points and tire out that defense even more.This game will probably come down to the fourth quarter and the team that does'nt give any quarter in the fourth quarter wins.

We let up last week in the humidity and when we took Kurt out.This week we have to try to score as many points as humanly possible.Try to break the bank on scoring.Thats got to be the offensive mindset.No amount is too much to let up on.Not even a 31 to 3 lead.NEVER let up.This is a put the dagger to them game.We're not calling off the dogs for anything.Until Coach Whiz thinks there is no human chance for a loss.

I'm sure the film breakdown was increased by the Monday night game.We just can let players give anyone that much room to make and catch and not pay for it dearly.We need some headhunters and some really good open field tackling.Miami did'nt have any.

We opened a can on Miami last year in game two at home.Lets do the same again this year at our second game at home.Warner had a perfect passer rating against the phins last season.So lets hope we can protect him to where he really feels comfortable.I think Doucet is gonna get a shot to play in this game.

Still concerned about a few players like Okeafor and Ware.Something tells me Haggans is gonna pick a pass off of a deflection tomorrow night.Thats my one predicion.The #2 & #3 wide recievers for the colts are Collie and the other guy who caught a td with the french sounding name.Both are very fast.

Other teams are double and triple covering Fitzgerald but how do we cover Clark who is more of a speedy wide reciever than a tight end coming off the line and running those awesome seam routes.The crowd and our defense will have to shake mannings confidence.He can't just sit back and throw darts.Thats for Kurt to do.The CARDINALS intestinal fortitude will be challenged to the fullest in a Playoff type atmosphere against a type team we came the closet to playing in the falcons and eagles.Both VERY close games,But we are a better team this year IMPO.Better coaching and a year improvement from our youngsters.

Dansby has to have a monster game since he is so good at getting back in coverage over so many linebackers in the league.If he wants that big payday next year he can earn it on National Television tomorrow night with his name called out many,many times on breaking up passes and possible deflections.We need Hayes in his run stoping mode for Addai & Brown.We want to turn them into a one trick pony.Watching the miami game again just showed me they could'nt tackle anything.The Brown td run was just embarrassing.

I'm sure Chris(Beanie)Wells would love to show the colts what they passed up on by not picking him and him losing many millions in dollars to Brown from UConn.

I don't like the referee crew we have for tomorrow night.Its the same bunch that did the dallas game in the nest last year.They are the ones that said romo did'nt fumble when the replay showed it was nothing but a fumble.They also cheated another team that played the colts but my example has long since flown out of my head.So we have to keep our eyes on them.They've been in the nest before.I'd love to see a penaltie game under 30 yards at least!!!

The first was in the 80's & last week in the upper 50's so this week we got to take it down 20 more yards.

Any pass interference calls will not show up as being as long as the pass was suppose to be.We have to play the best pass defense we can play.I know Brown will be tested as will everyone.DRC can't allow a 10to 15 yard cushion even tho he knows his recovery speed is the best.His tackling better be up to snuff as he allowed one td already this year.Even tho he tried to make up for it with an int. later.We're gonna have to risk a corner blitz sometime in this game.We have'nt done one yet this year.

Normally A-Dub and his sneak up attack will alert Manning like a bull elephant charging.He's looking for #24 on every play.We need to release cb on peytons blindside since we NEVER do it.I'm thinking if we get the chance McFadden has done it before with success and he should get the call to take manning out.

I'm also glad Kurt Warner had a good game last week so the crowd won't be tempted to call for Leinart anytime early in the game.I know I should'nt have even mentioned that due to Kurt gonna try to break the record he set last week for completions.He's just gonna need to make his reads just as quick as he did last week and he'll be fine.Most players and ex-players are picking us to win.Some are calling it thier upset special and sometimes thats never mentioned.I'll take it anyway they want to call it.

Since the homefield advantage is always 3 points and we are only a 2.5 favorite it really gives the colts a .5 slim margin of error.WHO CARES.That and 10 bucks will get you a frapachino.Just make sure you tape this game for all eternity.You'll want to watch it over and over as it is a bell weather game in the history of the ARIZONA CARDINALS.

I also hope I'm not in the ER when the game ends.I tend to get a little tightly wound up."LETS SHOCK THE WORLD":thud::newcards::clapping:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great post. Glad to have you on ASFN Doug.

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
Great post. Glad to have you on ASFN Doug.

Its an honor to find a place like this with really funny and intelligent moderators who like to post and know what they are talking about.

Please give me a heads up if I ever cross any line.I would never want to be banned from a place like this.I really don't see it ever happening with the fans we have here and not like on the main board.

How this place is such a well kept secret I'll never know.I think other posters like me are kinda intimidated by the class poster that reigns here.I'm afraid of making a fool of myself most of the time with the talented writers that live here and make this place their home.I just love to read what is written here so much.Thanks for giving your time to police this relaxed home for the diehard CARDINALS fans.

What an awesome thing Skorp did to leave us this to never forget him.He also taught us on how to live and that was an even more important lesson.People treat each other with respect here.Plus humor is never far around the corner.

Thanks DCR:)

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Great work-up Doug: I wouldn't look for Levi to be replaced as a starter though, as he returned to finish the game last week, and was already the starter before. My guess is that they start him against the Colts.

Do you know the status on Rashod Johnson, ----- seems like he was out for a day or so this week. He will be vital in my estimation for this game, especially with the groin pull to #21. I hate to see both of those guys dinged up.

Carddan

Average Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the post Doug. I like it and can relate.

Catfish, R. Johnson was hurt in practice on Friday, he is questionable for tomorrow.

I'm waiting for Campbell to make an INT off his own deflection and to see how far he can run.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No amount is too much to let up on. Not even a 31 to 3 lead. NEVER let up..

Totally agree. I am of the mindset that you never let up for any reason and that given a chance you keep your foot on their neck and never let up. None of that prevent defense or conservative offense stuff for me.

seesred

Reaction score
It's time to take the nest back. This game when won by the Cards will tell the world we are finnaly here! I look for big games from 9-0 and Campbell. DRC will be tested as will Mcfadden. Manning is a heck of a QB and nothing should really surprise us. The key is his changing plays and how we react. There are times where he will diguise a change at the line of scrimmage. We must be patient and stay focused.

We should hold them in the running game. I think these backs are not as good as the few we have played against so far. Make them one dementional.
Turnovers, penalties could kill us. It should be a great game to watch as two top QB's go up against each other. Great match up. I hope we win!

GBR

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
Doug, It is a pleasure to read your posts; this one was written with passion and pride, and humor.. I read that long sucker twice just for the enjoyment of it!! Please get more opinionated and controversial!!!!!!

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Appreciate the energy doug.

Your thread title reminded me of several years ago when we went about 20 games with out scoring a touchdown on our opening possession.

I guess things have changed a little.

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
I agree the first drive is important for us to score on and 7 would be alot better than 3; in fact we should score on the Colts' first drive also!!

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was just thinking about that (i.e. the importance of the "first 7" and coming out of the blocks quick).

Pretend for a moment that you're Indy - you're coming off a MNF "win ugly" contest with one day less to heal, one day less to prepare and minus your starting MLB and CB in addition to Bob Sanders.

While it's hard to know precisely what Indy's mindset will be and how their new HC will prepare them for tonight, I'm guessing that, to some degree, they may be "winging it" (i.e. not being as prepared for the Cards as they'd like and hoping they'll be able to somehow "adjust on the fly").

Best way to exploit this would be to "hit 'em in the mouth early" and hold the pedal to the floor and give the Colts no opportunity to catch their breath.

I'm thinking - throwing deep early to Fitz or Breaston and/or some sort of funky gadget play to put us up early.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard