Legal Tampering period thread and Free agency 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I can only think P2 wanted a change.

It would be on brand for him to think that the problem wasn't him but the franchise, and that a change of seen would seal his HOF entry. Which seems to be what he cares about the most.
It's gotta be something like that.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall for the discussion going on about cornerback in this organization. I mean, someone has to recognize how big of a problem this is, right? I feel like Keim's thought process didn't get any further than "I don't like any of these options" so he stopped trying. I didn't like any either, but this is a game of musical chairs and we're well past being in danger of not having any chairs while we looked for the most comfortable one.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't understand how we didn't resign Peterson for this money.

I didn't want to sign him because I thought he would want silly money but it's not even 10m. It's 8m with incentives.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I can’t believe we weren’t prepared for this day 2 years ago unless you count drafting Murphy was an attempt. And if that’s the case, another swing and a miss by Keims deftness at drafting.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although plugging Atkins in on our IDL would give the Cards a DL similar to the Rams, we have too many other holes we need to fill first, i.e. CB, TE, RB....unless we start waiving/restructuring/trading players, i.e. Kennard, Pugh, Isabella, Cole

You must be registered for see images attach
Ha! We can’t afford Arnold! There is no way this team has the luxury to add a guy like Atkins.
Don’t be surprised to see the Rams get him and plug him in next to Donald. Imagine that.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Ha! We can’t afford Arnold! There is no way this team has the luxury to add a guy like Atkins.
Don’t be surprised to see the Rams get him and plug him in next to Donald. Imagine that.

Like I said, we can't afford Atkins, especially with the holes we still have to fill. Just to fill those holes, Keim needs to do some estructuring, waiving a few guys and possibly trade a player or two.

Also have to look at deals that are low cap hits this year pushing them to year 2 or further, as most of them so far for us have been. With the TV rights and fans being allowed back to some extent, the cap should raise significantly next year to cover those cap hits.

Reaction score
I think this is my favorite comment in support of signing him: he’s such a professional he gave up playing hard for the organization which gave him his wealth and decided it was okay to let his teammates down.

You've never gotten burned out at your job before? It happens to all professionals. Just because he's a pro football player doesn't mean he isn't human.

Reaction score
I can’t believe people are trying to talk themselves into Green, who hasn’t been good in four years and our fans are actively hoping quit on his own team to mask the fact that he was just bad last year.

also, apparently rated amongst the worst FA signings so far:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/j-green-signing-cardinals-rated-142009790.html

Who here is hoping this is the case? You accused Solar of lying over & over again but here you are twisting what I said. I have the opinion that is what happened from what I've seen & heard. I'm not actively hoping anything. I certainly would have preferred one of the other receivers but I'm not going to get my panties in a bunch because they signed AJ Green.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who here is hoping this is the case? You accused Solar of lying over & over again but here you are twisting what I said. I have the opinion that is what happened from what I've seen & heard. I'm not actively hoping anything. I certainly would have preferred one of the other receivers but I'm not going to get my panties in a bunch because they signed AJ Green.

cub, you wouldn’t get your panties in a bunch if they signed Ocho Cinco instead of AJ Green, finding a way to rationalize why he’d be good for the team at this point.

But hey... if you want to keep deluding yourself that it was a good move to bring in an injury riddled 33 year old burned out WR as our one move so far to upgrade Kyler’s weapons on offense, more power to you.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I thought about this. We could get $6.5m back by cutting Jordan Philips with a post June 1st. Depends what Atkins would cost at 33.

I agree, very unlikely though.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My biggest concern at the moment is that Keim seems to a very different idea regarding the needs of this roster than all fans combined.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought about this. We could get $6.5m back by cutting Jordan Philips with a post June 1st. Depends what Atkins would cost at 33.

Yes. As much as we talk about the great trades he negotiates we are sitting talking about cutting his prize free agents he signed last year with Phillips and Kennard.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

that would be admitting to too much failure on Keim’s part.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You've never gotten burned out at your job before? It happens to all professionals. Just because he's a pro football player doesn't mean he isn't human.
Oh I have. But I’m a professional. I didn’t just decide to suck at it. Both my employers were sad to see me leave and asked if I ever considered coming back to let them know. I didn’t have a year where people had to make excuses for my performance.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Really. He was touted as the cats meow last year by Kyler, Kingsbury and others. So one short year later he sucks. Tells you about Keims player evaluation ability. He sign Max Williams. Is he better than Arnold when he’s sitting on the inactive list? He signed Gresham one of the worse decisions he made. Oh and remember, “ SUGGS IS COMING HOME!” bull crap? Now fans are screaming dump Kennard.
Our GM sucks. Some of us see it. Some of us don’t.

Are you a new fan of the NFL?

I ask this because we've seen literally dozens of instances of teams and players telling us how good a player is, only to find out they aren't that good through playing time.

Arnold is an inconsistent, one dimensional TE. He made big mistakes in big moments with drops and a fumble. He is the poster child for replaceable.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you a new fan of the NFL?

I ask this because we've seen literally dozens of instances of teams and players telling us how good a player is, only to find out they aren't that good through playing time.

Arnold is an inconsistent, one dimensional TE. He made big mistakes in big moments with drops and a fumble. He is the poster child for replaceable.
Okay. I’m more upset at the fact that once again we are in a position of weakness at a position. We might have been able to retain Arnold for half that price had he been offered a deal mid season. Would you have been happy if Arnold was on our roster for 1.7m? Do we not take in consideration he is 26 years old and could improve?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh I have. But I’m a professional. I didn’t just decide to suck at it. Both my employers were sad to see me leave and asked if I ever considered coming back to let them know. I didn’t have a year where people had to make excuses for my performance.

Yeah but you weren't contractually locked in. Big difference when you feel trapped somewhere to when you always have the option of finding something else.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah but you weren't contractually locked in. Big difference when you feel trapped somewhere to when you always have the option of finding something else.
Uh, no. I care about my professional reputation, my coworkers, and my clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson