Legal Tampering period thread and Free agency 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Earl Watford vs Brian Winters

You must be registered for see images attach

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Gotta get an RB in the first two rounds now.

We are gonna be the most easily forecasted team in the league this draft. I expect everyone we like will be taken right before our pick.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gotta get an RB in the first two rounds now.

We are gonna be the most easily forecasted team in the league this draft. I expect everyone we like will be taken right before our pick.
Not really.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Okay, when Chase Edmonds has a 3.1 YPC as the starter in September (his YPC as a starter) alongside Eno Benjamin/a UDFA/Duke Johnson (or equivalent), we'll talk about how easy it is to find RBs.
I do think you’ll get your wish about going RB in round 1 though because it does seem like the Keim thing to do.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Okay, when Chase Edmonds has a 3.1 YPC as the starter in September (his YPC as a starter) alongside Eno Benjamin/a UDFA/Duke Johnson (or equivalent), we'll talk about how easy it is to find RBs.
The combo of Drake and Edmonds last year netted us the 2nd worst rushing yards as a team. Of course that excludes Kyler but we are talking about RBs specifically. I think we can get equal production from Chase Edmonds and a bunch of scrap heap RBs. Todd Gurley had 658, still available. Frank Gore 653. Edmond and Drake combined had 1403.

Now let's break that down.

Drake had 955 on 239 attempts. 4.0 yards per attempt. 15.9 attempts per game.

Edmonds had 448 on 97. 4.6 yards per attempt. 6.1 attempts per game.

If Edmonds doubles his role in Drake's absence getting 12.2 attempts per game that equates to 195.2 carries. Less than Drake on a per game basis and over the season. At 4.6 yards per carry that equates to 897.92 yards. 58 less than Drake.

So, we now need to find a back to make up the difference between Chase's vacated role and the difference between his production and Drakes. So, 448 yards + 58 = 506 yards. The vacated carries total 140.8. Frank Gore's 3.5 yards per carry on 140.8 attempts comes to 492.8 yards so 13.2 yards less.

So, not a difficult role to fill. I would point out the one game that Chase had huge touches, 25, he had a terrible YPC. But, if we are being honest, his role will not be that. 10-13 carries per game and continue his role in the passing game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The combo of Drake and Edmonds last year netted us the 2nd worst rushing yards as a team. Of course that excludes Kyler but we are talking about RBs specifically. I think we can get equal production from Chase Edmonds and a bunch of scrap heap RBs. Todd Gurley had 658, still available. Frank Gore 653. Edmond and Drake combined had 1403.

If Edmonds doubles his role in Drake's absence getting 12.2 attempts per game that equates to 195.2 carries. Less than Drake on a per game basis and over the season. At 4.6 yards per carry that equates to 897.92 yards. 58 less than Drake.

So, we now need to find a back to make up the difference between Chase's vacated role and the difference between his production and Drakes. So, 448 yards + 58 = 506 yards. The vacated carries total 140.8. Frank Gore's 3.5 yards per carry on 140.8 attempts comes to 492.8 yards so 13.2 yards less.

So, not a difficult role to fill. I would point out the one game that Chase had huge touches, 25, he had a terrible YPC. But, if we are being honest, his role will not be that. 10-13 carries per game and continue his role in the passing game.
I wonder what the frequency is of a player who doubles their carries maintaining their ypc average. I’m guessing it’s extremely rare, if it ever happens. Particularly in Edmonds case as he’s not exactly a “wear the defense down” type of back. So I think at its very root your premise is faulty.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This is indicative of the biggest problem. Drake isn't a good back. We shouldn't be looking to replicate the 2nd worst rushing attack in the league (by RB), we should be looking to improve it.

We're both examining different data sets when it comes to Chase's production. I look at his starts in this league and see:
2019:
SEA - Rushing - 6 for 37, Receiving - 0 for 0 (No TDs)
@NOR - Rushing - 7 for 8, Receiving - 2 for 5 (No TDs)
2020:
DET - Rushing - 3 for 13, Receiving - 2 for 21 (No TDs)
MIA - Rushing - 25 for 70, Receiving - 3 for 18 (No TDs)

As a change of pace back, we were talking about 10-13 looks per game. I see this position as something where we need someone taking the bulk of carries from Chase, not getting us 506 yards on the year.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

The Washington Football Team is re-signing a couple of its own, with CB Danny Johnson and LB Jared Norris both returning, source said. Johnson was the primary kickoff returner last year and provides depth at CB, while Norris helps on specials

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don't think Edmonds does any worse than a top 50 pick RB. I have no problem with Edmonds talent. What held the rushing attack back last year wasn't Drake or Edmonds.

It was a combination of scheme, play calling and O line. If we fix that we fix it for whoever is in at RB.

We still need one because Edmonds isn't big enough to handle 20+ carries a game but it doesn't need to be a high draft pick. Still plenty of RB's on the market.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't think Edmonds does any worse than a top 50 pick RB. I have no problem with Edmonds talent. What held the rushing attack back last year wasn't Drake or Edmonds.

It was a combination of scheme, play calling and O line. If we fix that we fix it for whoever is in at RB.

We still need one because Edmonds isn't big enough to handle 20+ carries a game but it doesn't need to be a high draft pick. Still plenty of RB's on the market.
Bad RBs.

Those guys are all on the market for a very good reason at this point. They're pretty much cooked.

Like CB, we'll just have to see. If Edmonds really is the #1, I bet by game 4 we're lamenting how we can't get anything done on the ground unless Kyler runs it again.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I wonder what the frequency is of a player who doubles their carries maintaining their ypc average. I’m guessing it’s extremely rare, if it ever happens. Particularly in Edmonds case as he’s not exactly a “wear the defense down” type of back. So I think at its very root your premise is faulty.
I am sure there is a Mendoza Line however, there is also an argument that getting more carries helps RBs get into a rhythm. Ultimately, I think it can be argued both ways and 4.6 isn't a huge outlier in terms of production.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bad RBs.

Those guys are all on the market for a very good reason at this point. They're pretty much cooked.

Like CB, we'll just have to see. If Edmonds really is the #1, I bet by game 4 we're lamenting how we can't get anything done on the ground unless Kyler runs it again.

I think high RB in this class would be dumb.

Harris is good but I don't think he's RB1 in most recent classes. Maybe not top 2 in some. Etienne has an average draft grade in round 2 and has some major flaws in his game. Then it's a bunch of guys.

Gainwell, Carter, Williams etc have some talent but aren't top 50 for most analysts. There's no slam dunk RB1's there. Not even Harris.

With the limited picks we have we could very well burn one of them on a RB in the top 50.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I think high RB in this class would be dumb.

Harris is good but I don't think he's RB1 in most recent classes. Maybe not top 2 in some. Etienne has an average draft grade in round 2 and has some major flaws in his game. Then it's a bunch of guys.

Gainwell, Carter, Williams etc have some talent but aren't top 50 for most analysts. There's no slam dunk RB1's there. Not even Harris.

With the limited picks we have we could very well burn one of them on a RB in the top 50.
Just like CB, you have to work with what you're given. Are Harris or Etienne the next Dalvin Cook or Zeke? Maybe not, but Edmonds isn't even the next Kenyan Drake, and neither is a 5th or 7th rounder.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Chase Edmonds is (what is commonly referred to) "change of pace back". He is not a starter nor does he have the physical attributes to play 16/17 games as the bell cow. Youre most likely looking at a trade down scenario and ETN getting drafted by the Cardinals . #FinalAnswer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard