Lakers @ Suns Sunday Playoff game thread 5-23-2021 - Game 1

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheese, enough with the facts and reality. I'm trying to convince myself we have a chance.

lol. I’ll stop.

LeBron loses Game 1s in his career a decent amount of time versus other superstars. Almost like he just uses the first game to feel out the other team. If he does that tomorrow we need him to feel the force of our foot up his freaking ass.

gotta win Game 1!

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Calling my shot, Suns in 6.

:suns::suns::suns::suns::suns::suns::suns::suns::suns::suns::suns:

BEAT LA!
I kind of think so too. I think the whatever they are called will break down.

But I have a really bad feeling about game 1. Honestly I don't think I can watch. Or at least not until later if I hear it's close.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I kind of think so too. I think the whatever they are called will break down.

But I have a really bad feeling about game 1. Honestly I don't think I can watch. Or at least not until later if I hear it's close.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Dude, we need you watching and sending your positive vibes from tipoff to the final buzzer!!!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns appear healthy.

Only Abdel Nader on the injury report.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have Lakers in 5. 8 on 5 basketball in full effect. The only game we win we will magically go to the line more than them

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also predict a 2-1 FT advantage on the series for the Lakers

Maybe but all they have to do is call Ayton for 2 quick fouls at the start of each half and they'll neutralize his defense. I expect there will be a Laker conga line for free throws but that will just be to totally demoralize us and add to the Lebron legend - but the damage will likely have already been done by taking Ayton out of his game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man... the complaining about the refs is starting and a second of game time hasn’t even passed yet?

come on guys.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm calling Suns in 7. It is going to be a long drawn out series but I think we'll take it in the end. Home court won't matter much.. I wouldn't be surprised to see us come back from a 1-3 deficit like we did in 06.

I would have picked the Lakers in 5 or 6 about a month ago but they don't look as formidable as they were midseason. Even when the Suns have stunk they've only done so for a game or two before getting back in the swing of things.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm calling Suns in 7. It is going to be a long drawn out series but I think we'll take it in the end. Home court won't matter much.

I would have picked the Lakers in 5 or 6 about a month ago but they don't look as formidable as they were midseason. Even when the Suns have stunk they've only done so for a game or two before getting back in the swing of things.

No, they don't. But we can only hope that we'll get the team that faced the Warriors. I like our chances if that's the version we see although even then it won't be a slam dunk. Davis is just such a tough matchup for us.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the key is not letting Anyone not named AD or LBJ kill us with 3s. No one I so going to stop AD so guard and defend everyone else. AD is not gonna beat you by himself paying to much attention to him just leaves guys open for 3s. The game plan imo should be try and make him beat us alone which he can’t. I don’t care if he gets 50 if you hold everyone else in check out odds are still better! LBJ is not the young attack master he used to be he is setting up his teammates most of the time, don’t fall for it don’t give up open shots and we win this series! Use all our bigs and all their fouls and make AD work but do not double and leave guys open for 3s, if we limit their 3s we win as we are a better scoring team.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the key is not letting Anyone not named AD or LBJ kill us with 3s. No one I so going to stop AD so guard and defend everyone else. AD is not gonna beat you by himself paying to much attention to him just leaves guys open for 3s. The game plan imo should be try and make him beat us alone which he can’t. I don’t care if he gets 50 if you hold everyone else in check out odds are still better! LBJ is not the young attack master he used to be he is setting up his teammates most of the time, don’t fall for it don’t give up open shots and we win this series! Use all our bigs and all their fouls and make AD work but do not double and leave guys open for 3s, if we limit their 3s we win as we are a better scoring team.

I think the primary thing we need to keep AD from doing is dominating the glass, primarily offensively. That will help keep him from beating us. If he gets more than 1 or 2 offensive boards then they'll be tough to beat.

Same goes LeBron, to an extent. I'd let him shoot 3's all game but allowing him to get others going or driving and drawing fouls will lead to problems.

We also need to attack the midrange if 3's aren't falling. Book and CP3 are both in the top 10 in midrange FG%. Make that a strength in this series rather than settling for 3's from cold shooters.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to see Barkley call out the NBA for not suspending LeBron for his COVID violations.

I can't censor a tweet but that should make it apparent that there is strong language in the audio clip linked in the tweet.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Robert Sarvers expects about 10,500 fans for the start.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can't believe everyone on CBS sportsline took the Lakers over the Sun's

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eddie Johnson telling the Suns how to do it.