Lakers @ Suns Sunday Playoff game thread 5-23-2021 - Game 1

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's decided. The Suns play the Lakers in the first round.

The Suns will play the Lakers (42-30 regular season) in game #1 of their NBA playoff series in Phoenix.

Suns are 2-1 against the Lakers in the regular season.

Game time and television coverage are TBD.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first game is at 12:30 p.m. Arizona time on ABC at Phoenix Suns Arena.

Already four games are scheduled.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps a bit easier to read.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least I got great seats for the last Dead show of their late summer/fall tour at the Bowl.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's time to get pumped up. We're back!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll say this much... we should be coming in with a MASSIVE chip on their shoulder because no one in the media is giving them a prayers chance in hell of winning.

only 2 seed to ever go into a match up with the 7 seed as an underdog.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only way we win this series is if Ayton somehow gets possessed by 1990 Conference Semifinals Mark West.

that was some crazy out of nowhere domination by Mark West who just controlled the pain on both ends of the floor against the Lakers in a way he never had before and never would again. He averaged 14 points 11 rebounds and 3.4 blocks per game. His season averages were 11/9/2. We were MASSIVE underdogs in that series. The Lakers had won 64 games. We Hadn’t won in LA in like 19 straight games and somehow won TWO road games, including Game 1 in the Forum.

Riley left the Lakers after that series.

we of course went on to lose to Portland in the next round. Good times at least in that second round.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For as much as guys are going to want to put this on Ayton it’s not going to be him who this series falls on. Anthony Davis has a big edge over him and everybody in the NBA. He just has so be solid and stay out of foul trouble

this series will come down to our shooters making shots. We can’t have Bridges, Cam and Crowder be cold.

when Bridges and Cam are hitting this team is damn near impossible to beat.

we got to hit those open shots especially 3s

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
For as much as guys are going to want to put this on Ayton it’s not going to be him who this series falls on. Anthony Davis has a big edge over him and everybody in the NBA. He just has so be solid and stay out of foul trouble

this series will come down to our shooters making shots. We can’t have Bridges, Cam and Crowder be cold.

We need all of it. Shooters need to hit 3's, Ayton needs to step up and Booker will need to score 30+.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I am not even sure what this means. Yes, your shooters have to make shots but that is every game. For the most part, outside of Booker/CP3, this team gets contributions by committee from outside shooting. When one guys is off other guys get some minutes.

However, the X-factor is going to be Ayton and Bridges. Bridges gets us not only good shooting but easy buckets. That's key. Plus, Ayton when he is playing well eats up the boards, alters shots and gets you some easy inside buckets. That is going to be huge in this playoffs. You can't rely on outside shooting to win you every series. It's the easy buckets these two guys are going to get you that will be the x-factor IMO. It's Ayton's ability to keep Davis off the boards and keeping him honest.

We are not going to win very many games when Ayton/Bridges both don't show up. Just watch. I have more confidence that Bridges will be more consistent than Ayton.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with this as I clear my throat?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Welp time for the Rollercoaster poff series vs lebron lakers

At least just hoping for a competitive series

At most obviously hope suns put up a 6 7 gm battle let the dice roll....

Go suns I'm enjoying few stress free suns day's lol

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
my hope is the suns fans show out at the arena, was refreshing to hear leflop boo'd in his own arena last night

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with this as I clear my throat?

I don't see anything wrong with it. There is no one on the planet that thought we were better than the Lakers back when the Lakers had Davis and Lebron both playing. They had a better record than us but it turns out you aren't the same team if you're minus 2 of the top 5 players in the game for much of the season. Now, they appear to be healthy. Anyone that bets on Phoenix to win this series is probably a Suns fan, insane or trying to unload some funds. So, of course, I'm thinking of betting on the Suns.:cool:

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with it. There is no one on the planet that thought we were better than the Lakers back when the Lakers had Davis and Lebron both playing. They had a better record than us but it turns out you aren't the same team if you're minus 2 of the top 5 players in the game for much of the season. Now, they appear to be healthy. Anyone that bets on Phoenix to win this series is probably a Suns fan, insane or trying to unload some funds. So, of course, I'm thinking of betting on the Suns.:cool:

Nah, it's not the odds.

It's more like it's weird seeing the defending NBA Champions with so much talent using the servants entrance.

You must be registered for see images attach