Lakers @ Suns Sunday Playoff game thread 5-23-2021 - Game 1

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the primary thing we need to keep AD from doing is dominating the glass, primarily offensively. That will help keep him from beating us. If he gets more than 1 or 2 offensive boards then they'll be tough to beat.

Same goes LeBron, to an extent. I'd let him shoot 3's all game but allowing him to get others going or driving and drawing fouls will lead to problems.

We also need to attack the midrange if 3's aren't falling. Book and CP3 are both in the top 10 in midrange FG%. Make that a strength in this series rather than settling for 3's from cold shooters.

As you note, Suns can't stop AD inside the lane. The Warriors were successful until they moved him to center. My concern with the Lakers is that they will continually attack inside with their size. Suns will have collapse defensively, make it hard and still guard the three. Somehow the Suns have to keep Ayton out of foul trouble. Suns may have to play two bigs at times.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Welp judgment day praying for best expecting well i don't know vs lakers for 7 gms

Lol I'll be enjoying stress free suns basketball for few more hrs till tonight

Amazing season whatever occurs over series just crappy luck on opponent this should be a finals matchup not freaking round 1!!!

Bong toke for stress lol

Go suns god I'm super anxious nervous zzz was eh to cause of series

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Dude, we need you watching and sending your positive vibes from tipoff to the final buzzer!!!
Thanks. But I'll have to watch game 2 late as well. Already told the kids we'd go see jaws on the big screen that day.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Playoff shirts are black.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jae Crowder ready to ride with Devin Booker.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once, just ONCE I’d love to see this franchise win a BIG GAME 1 at home. I think this team is good enough to get to the Finals if they get past LA. This is easily going to be our toughest matchup in the West.

Come on Suns. Please put my fears to rest and come out and kick the snot out of this entitled Lakers team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty will have a number of players guarding Lebron and AD.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

wtf does “full vaccinated team” at 85% mean? If you’re a fully vaccinated team doesn’t that mean you’re 100%?

my bet it LeBron has been the holdout and his get out of jail free card this week scared some sense in to him that he could miss the playoffs down the line if he got it.