Kyler Murray entering Draft

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
And someone was telling me today how the Raiders would have no interest in moving up to #1 for a QB since they were so committed to Carr.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
Sounds like drummed up BS to me but ya never know

Agreed. However if there's even a sliver of truth to this, it would mean they are at least entertaining the idea of moving up for Murray. They could get a much better haul for Carr then we could for Rosen.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. However if there's even a sliver of truth to this, it would mean they are at least entertaining the idea of moving up for Murray. They could get a much better haul for Carr then we could for Rosen.

That’s laughable at best. Carr it can be said has reached his ceiling. Which doesn’t appear all that high. Also not on a rookie deal. A huge factor when it comes to acquiring via trade. Recently signed a 5 year 125 million deal...

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
That’s laughable at best. Carr it can be said has reached his ceiling. Which doesn’t appear all that high. Also not on a rookie deal. A huge factor when it comes to acquiring via trade. Recently signed a 5 year 125 million deal...

Good point. All the more reasons for the Raiders to move on from Carr and draft Murray for that rookie contract. Plus they are moving to Vegas soon. That would drum up some excitement

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
And what happens if Rosen just smokes the hell out of Murray? What do we do with him?

At that point, all hell breaks loose Slanidrac16. lol...

But that next-level version of Rosen would probably be sufficiently inspired to lead the Cardinals to a division championship... maybe more.

I wonder how much adversity Josh has faced in his young life?

Put Rosen's back against the wall, and I bet the kid comes into training camp with murder in his eyes.

The battle for the starting QB position would be epic. One for the ages.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Really? I really don't understand this level of Twi-hard-like adoration a 20 year old kid you don't even know... who never even led their team to a title.

FYI, and no big deal, but you're on my poop list cheese. We're not on speaking terms.

I dislike your brother as well, but at least when he berates me, he stays within the bounds of good taste, thus I will still debate him from time to time. You're both intelligent, but you're too crude for my liking sir. I'll give you the last word if you'd like.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Now I get why Murray was scared to compete in the combine... Haskins was money as expected and Lock looked great also, real clean on the passing drills.

#1 overall for Murray will be a reach of epic proportion, particularly for us when according to our GM we didn't even need a QB and to spend our #1 would only make sense if we felt it wasn't just an upgrade, but as close to a lock as a guaranteed franchise QB as you can get and anyone thinking Murray is a lock to be an elite QB is being way too optimistic. I'm quite convinced he doesn't even have the highest probability of being an elite long term starter of all the QBs in this class.

But hey, our coach with no HC coaching success likes him because he plays in the college conference he coached in where they play against air and that means their offense is fire so what else do you need?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
As good as Haskins is, I watched the tv guys say he'd have been behind the big 4 from last year....yes, that includes Rosen.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
At that point, all hell breaks loose Slanidrac16. lol...

But that next-level version of Rosen would probably be sufficiently inspired to lead the Cardinals to a division championship... maybe more.

I wonder how much adversity Josh has faced in his young life?

Put Rosen's back against the wall, and I bet the kid comes into training camp with murder in his eyes.

The battle for the starting QB position would be epic. One for the ages.

A lot of people have been typecasting Rosen because of his financial background. Well, the guy is driven and got the crap beat out of him in his first year and still came up swinging. That proves right there he wants to be a winner, he wants the Cardinals to be a winner and he does not need Murray to fuel the fire to win. Rosen is going into this season hell bent and the Cardinals do not need to waste a first round pick on his position because if you need somebody else to push you to see the worth of your objective this early on, you do not belong in the league. His pride and competitive nature is chomping at the bit right now and does not need someone else taking snaps away from him and limit his progress. I do think adding another defensive stud and allowing Josh better field position would be wonderful :)

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
He just can’t. I mean the more I think about I don’t see how he trades Rosen for Murray after one year. Not with potential franchise building defensive players on the board and not being so he’s heavily invested in Josh. Moving on from a rookie QB after one year with one of the worst offensive rosters and coaching staffs in recent memory. A team and staff he assembled and hired.So he can try to change the game with Kliff Kingsbury and Kyler Murray. Like that’s gonna work

Last edited:

swagron

All Star
Reaction score

Actually Rosen’s ceiling reminds me exactly that of Carr... both kind of middling qbs...Rosen’s only advantage is the rookie contract. Carr has been surrounded by the same crap that Rosen has and has one good season in 6. I definitely don’t think the midget is the answer either...

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A lot of people have been typecasting Rosen because of his financial background. Well, the guy is driven and got the crap beat out of him in his first year and still came up swinging. That proves right there he wants to be a winner, he wants the Cardinals to be a winner and he does not need Murray to fuel the fire to win. Rosen is going into this season hell bent and the Cardinals do not need to waste a first round pick on his position because if you need somebody else to push you to see the worth of your objective this early on, you do not belong in the league. His pride and competitive nature is chomping at the bit right now and does not need someone else taking snaps away from him and limit his progress. I do think adding another defensive stud and allowing Josh better field position would be wonderful :)

I couldn't agree more. Having both Murray and Rosen battling it out isn't really possible because there simply isn't enough practice time to try and develop two young QB's,. Then add that the offense is new and by all accounts a merging of air raid and NFL style offenses. WR's and RB's won't develop the needed chemistry with the starting QB because in this scenario we wouldn't have one.

Having two QB's drafted in the top ten of the draft negates the advantage of having the CAP bonus of having a rookie QB.

If KK and SK decide Murray is a better QB then Rosen then make the upgrade, but it better be a significant upgrade because we lose draft capital by picking Murray and trading Rosen.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Now I get why Murray was scared to compete in the combine... Haskins was money as expected and Lock looked great also, real clean on the passing drills.

#1 overall for Murray will be a reach of epic proportion, particularly for us when according to our GM we didn't even need a QB and to spend our #1 would only make sense if we felt it wasn't just an upgrade, but as close to a lock as a guaranteed franchise QB as you can get and anyone thinking Murray is a lock to be an elite QB is being way too optimistic. I'm quite convinced he doesn't even have the highest probability of being an elite long term starter of all the QBs in this class.

But hey, our coach with no HC coaching success likes him because he plays in the college conference he coached in where they play against air and that means their offense is fire so what else do you need?

100% this from the first to last word. He’s a bozo if he drafts Murray.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rodgers is arguably the best qb in the league. The packers didn’t make the playoffs because of the team around him. Build the team. The wins will come.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rodgers is arguably the best qb in the league. The packers didn’t make the playoffs because of the team around him. Build the team. The wins will come.

Rodgers has taken a real beating the last two years and age and injuries are starting to show. He is not what he was but still one of the best. It will be interesting to see how he does with a new coach. Additionally, the team around him has lots of problems. IMO there is a changing of the guard in the NFC North s with the Bears and Vikings surpassing the Packers.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still think it's not that crazy to draft Murray and have them both develop together with the Cardinals, side by side. See which one turns out the best. If they both turn out really good, then you have a franchise QB and excellent trade bait for the rest of the league.

This goes along with my thinking as well if the Cardinals really like Murray. If they hit on both quarterbacks one can be traded later on for considerable value.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
cant get why many here are so attached to rosen, he just played bad and his performances were in the bottom in the league

i can understand he played for a bad coach and behind a bad line, but normally a good qb in his rookie season doesnt regress game by game

he cant move, he gets the rithym just in the 4rt quarter when the game is sealed, he made erratics decision and even when he had time was poorly accurated on his throws

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cant get why many here are so attached to rosen, he just played bad and his performances were in the bottom in the league

i can understand he played for a bad coach and behind a bad line, but normally a good qb in his rookie season doesnt regress game by game

he cant move, he gets the rithym just in the 4rt quarter when the game is sealed, he made erratics decision and even when he had time was poorly accurated on his throws
Because no other rookie qb would have done anything with this team either.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd draft Kyler at #1 before trading back.

Only thing that would infuriate me more than Keim missing on 1st round picks is missing on mutiple 1st round picks in the same draft.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

He regressed game by game because game by game he lost more offensive linemen and receivers. Tom Brady would have only been marginally more successful under the scenarios Josh was in.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

Because the history of the league is filled with young QB's that looked this way in their first year, yet went on to be good QB's in this league.

Because if we use your logic, then you cut or trade every rookie that has a poor rookie year, and move on to the next, for the next year.

It is simple logic. The problem with this debate for the most part, is you and others are debating the intelligence and reputation of the people you are debating with instead of the topic. You are literally wondering why people are note agreeing with your negative opinion of them personally. It is not that hard to realize why, when you just go back and read this thread.

"You are wrong because you are stupid" <-- Not to many people going to agree with that one. LOL

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard