Kyler Murray entering Draft

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
I still think it's not that crazy to draft Murray and have them both develop together with the Cardinals, side by side. See which one turns out the best. If they both turn out really good, then you have a franchise QB and excellent trade bait for the rest of the league.

They’ve certainly be unconventional this offseason but I can’t see that. If they draft Murray it’s because they think he’s the guy

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It may not be the deciding factor, but of course a $8m CAP hit is a consideration given that we are already on the hook for $10.6m.

$8m covers your draft class.

So a 4m difference in cap hits between trading or keeping him? His dead cash would be off the books the following year along with Bradford’s. Nothing significant there.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Draft picks from whom?

NY seems keen on Haskins, JAGS for Foles and I don't think there's a chance in Hell that they'll consider anything outside the top 10 in this draft as part of a package.

You’re position is they wouldn’t move back to Miami or Washington’s pick and that’s fine but it’s not a certainty. And that Haskins will be there for the Giants. How can you know Oakland doesn’t covet him. How about the possibility of a team wanting to move up for Bosa?
Wentz was being mocked from 7-10 consistently in 2016 at this time and he went #2 overall. The draft process has just started and nobody knows what the Cardinals intentions are.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You’re position is they wouldn’t move back to Miami or Washington’s pick and that’s fine but it’s not a certainty. And that Haskins will be there for the Giants. How can you know Oakland doesn’t covet him. How about the possibility of a team wanting to move up for Bosa?
Wentz was being mocked from 7-10 consistently in 2016 at this time and he went #2 overall. The draft process has just started and nobody knows what the Cardinals intentions are.

Our ideal trade partner is Oakland and given that they said they're committed to Carr it would likely be for Bosa. It would give us an extra #1 and other pieces in the top 120. Other than this, I stay put and take Bosa.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Our ideal trade partner is Oakland and given that they said they're committed to Carr it would likely be for Bosa. It would give us an extra #1 and other pieces in the top 120. Other than this, I stay put and take Bosa.

I don't see Gruden giving up enough to move to that spot. He might as well keep all those picks and draft them.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I still think it's not that crazy to draft Murray and have them both develop together with the Cardinals, side by side. See which one turns out the best. If they both turn out really good, then you have a franchise QB and excellent trade bait for the rest of the league.

Call me crazy, but I kind of like this approach as well. Let two guys, you know, compete for the starting job. Would it not bring out the best of both players?

On the flip side, the drama-factor would be off the charts. What a spectacle every pre-season game, every scrimmage, every practice would be. Every play by both guys would be put under a microscope, and everybody would be talking about us all the time. Non-stop. That's a lot of additional pressure to put on KK's narrow shoulders. :)

Its probably not the practical approach, but damn if it wouldn't be interesting.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure if this was posted. It was a while ago, but damn, Murray looks so small.

Check out @AdamSchefter’s Tweet:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I kind of like this approach as well. Let two guys, you know, compete for the starting job. Would it not bring out the best of both players?

On the flip side, the drama-factor would be off the charts. What a spectacle every pre-season game, every scrimmage, every practice would be. Every play by both guys would be put under a microscope, and everybody would be talking about us all the time. Non-stop. That's a lot of additional pressure to put on KK's narrow shoulders. :)

Its probably not the practical approach, but damn if it wouldn't be interesting.

But mugsy doesn’t compete. We see that today.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No it’s not for a team like the Cardinals. 8 million isn’t a lot for a team trying to get to 8-8. That’s what 2019 is for us. 8-8 in Kingsbury’s 1st season would be a pretty big success.

$8m is part of the investment leading to 8-8.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And what happens if Rosen just smokes the hell out of Murray? What do we do with him?

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Not sure if this was posted. It was a while ago, but damn, Murray looks so small.

Check out @AdamSchefter’s Tweet:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Looks like Bushwick Bill in that picture. Those shorts or kids pants aren’t doing him any favors.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To try and put Lamar Jackson in the same sentence as Murray is laughable at best. Zero comparison.

$25.00 wager I say. To be paid 7 seasons from now... That’s more then 1/2 way into both careers give or take. We have to base it off a common rating system so how about the NFL QB rating for both players not the stupid ESPN MODEL OF QBR....

If one of them is out of the league or a back up only player 2-3 years from now we can call the bet and YOU CAN ADMIT DEFEAT :) HAHA :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson