Kyler Murray entering Draft

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like the Heisman Trophy winner is entering the NFL Draft. The plot thickens even more.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He probably declared because he knows the Cards won't pick him at #1. .. lol

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That is a surprise. I don't see him as as first round qb because of his height. But who knows. Lots of time between now and the draft.

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
If he performs at the combine, he will be the clear #1 IMO. Wonder if the Raiders will totally sell out for him. Like 3 firsts and a swap back sell out. Or give us a 1st for Rosen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Is he even considered a first round QB? 5’ 10” 195 is what he is LISTED at, who knows what he really is
PFT is quoting an unnamed NFL GM who predicts he is a first rounder

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Same height as R. Wilson. An inch shorter than Brees. And 2 inches shorter than Baker.

But his arm is crazy and he runs like lightning.

Certainly and interesting prospect that would challenge the foundation of what a 1st overall pick looks like. The status quo would be tested for sure.

But damn if he and Mahomes aren’t the perfect version of what an air raid QB is supposed to look like.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Is he even considered a first round QB? 5’ 10” 195 is what he is LISTED at, who knows what he really is
I saw 5’ 11” but it’s a freaking inch at this point.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
That is a surprise. I don't see him as as first round qb as his height. But who knows. Lots of time between now and the draft.

Height isn't always a factor. Flutie, Brees, Wilson....if you've got the "it" factor you can overcome anything. He'd be perfect for several teams in their offenses to include our new offense that awaits

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Same height as R. Wilson. An inch shorter than Brees. And 2 inches shorter than Baker.

But his arm is crazy and he runs like lightning.

Certainly and interesting prospect that would challenge the foundation of what a 1st overall pick looks like. The status quo would be tested for sure.

But damn if he and Mahomes aren’t the perfect version of what an air raid QB is supposed to look like.

And a great baseball player like Russell Wilson.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Decisions decisions.....new coach with an Air Raid offensive mentality, the #1 pick, and now a perfect QB for the Air Raid in Kyler Murray is forgoing MLB with the A's to enter the draft?

Do they draft Kyler and trade Rosen?

Do they draft Bosa or Quinnen Williams?

Do they trade down with Oakland for #4 and a bevy of draft picks?

Trade down with Giants or Jax for a ton of their picks?

Gonna be interesting

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Decisions decisions.....new coach with an Air Raid offensive mentality, the #1 pick, and now a perfect QB for the Air Raid in Kyler Murray is forgoing MLB with the A's to enter the draft?

Do they draft Kyler and trade Rosen?

Do they draft Bosa or Quinnen Williams?

Do they trade down with Oakland for #4 and a bevy of draft picks?

Trade down with Giants or Jax for a ton of their picks?

Gonna be interesting
You must be registered for see images attach

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I don’t seeing him going before round 2 but someone could trade up late in round 1 to get that 5th year option, especially given his baseball status. If I remember correctly last year he truly wants to play both sports professionally if possible.

I can tell you right now, he’s a great player despite his size having seen him all the way thru Allen HS (3 miles from my house) & throughout his brief college career. If he concentrates on solely the NFL he can be a good to very good QB imo. Hope the best for him he’s a great kid.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Oh god. I never would’ve been tempted for Haskins, but Murray, my god Murray. But even declaring doesn’t mean he can’t leave the cards in the lurch and take wing to MLB.

I potentially hate this news.