Kyler Murray entering Draft

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Best thing I have seen about Murray to date.

His uncle Calvin Murray was the batter when Randy Johnson hit that dove while pitching to him. Crazy....ITS A SIGN!

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah let`s give up on on a top pick from a year ago so we can draft a 5`10 QB on the hope that he can be successful in a league where there have been how many good 5`10 QBs?Real freaking smart...NOT.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah let`s give up on on a top pick from a year ago so we can draft a 5`10 QB on the hope that he can be successful in a league where there have been how many good 5`10 QBs?Real freaking smart...NOT.

Or if they know Gruden is hot for the midget, let's hype up the Cards interest in Kyler and convince the Raiders they need to trade into the #1 spot to get him. Cards get an extra first round pick to help build the team around Rosen.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The raiders could do that and in turn trade Carr, but they wouldn’t have too. They are in a position to take a chance with all the picks they have. We can’t and we shouldn’t, UNLESS somebody was crazy enough to offer us a huge return for Rosen which isn’t going to happen.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is nothing written in stone that says we fans have to absolutely "know" who will pick who where in the draft.

My impression is that (compared to most drafts) there's less certainty and clarity that separates each player from one another skill-wise and that "anything can happen." That puts those who make predictions for a living in very precarious circumstances. Listen to them at your peril.

For the sake of our own sanity, I suggest we all cool our jets, take each rumor with the appropriate grains of salt and "let the draft come to us."

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or if they know Gruden is hot for the midget, let's hype up the Cards interest in Kyler and convince the Raiders they need to trade into the #1 spot to get him. Cards get an extra first round pick to help build the team around Rosen.

Now THAT I’m all for

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
I am too because Gruden has a less than stellar history with developing young QBs and it would be highly entertaining :grabs:

It's become pretty clear Gruden does not have much faith in Carr to get the job done long term. I can definitely see why he would want a guy like Kyler. He's in a division with Mahomes, who is a freak talent outside the pocket (arm/mobility combo). Kyler can do some of those things, even though his arm is not as good as Mahomes. But he's a lot faster runner than Mahomes, so overall still a very dynamic talent.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
It's become pretty clear Gruden does not have much faith in Carr to get the job done long term. I can definitely see why he would want a guy like Kyler. He's in a division with Mahomes, who is a freak talent outside the pocket (arm/mobility combo). Kyler can do some of those things, even though his arm is not as good as Mahomes. But he's a lot faster runner than Mahomes, so overall still a very dynamic talent.

I do not get this, why does it become a requirement to draft a QB which is similar to one in your division... unless one thinks the opposing defense is somehow magically connected to that QB which they are not

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
I do not get this, why does it become a requirement to draft a QB which is similar to one in your division... unless one thinks the opposing defense is somehow magically connected to that QB which they are not

Gruden strikes me as an enthusiastic knucklehead. He loved Mahomes coming out of college and now he's stuck in a division with him. I think he wants to get something similar to him. Kyler is an impressive football player, so it's not shocking to me that Gruden likes him so much.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because the history of the league is filled with young QB's that looked this way in their first year, yet went on to be good QB's in this league.

Because if we use your logic, then you cut or trade every rookie that has a poor rookie year, and move on to the next, for the next year.

It is simple logic. The problem with this debate for the most part, is you and others are debating the intelligence and reputation of the people you are debating with instead of the topic. You are literally wondering why people are note agreeing with your negative opinion of them personally. It is not that hard to realize why, when you just go back and read this thread.

"You are wrong because you are stupid" <-- Not to many people going to agree with that one. LOL

I think u go too far, i dont use to judge people cause they have a different though, just questioning why so many people here are so confident that Rosen will do the same path of Goff

It just part of the debate, having 2 different sides and im not looking to display any negavity its just about saying my feelings towards Rosen from what i saw from Rosen and i am not confident he is our franchise quarterback
I get the concept about being a rookie and it take just more then a season, but from a statistical standpoint there are more chances he doesn't become the qb we expected to be and therefore at this point they can still gather nice value for him and besides its not forbidden trying to get a better player, and if keim and kk go that way its because they think Murray is a better player

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I think u go too far, i dont use to judge people cause they have a different though, just questioning why so many people here are so confident that Rosen will do the same path of Goff

It just part of the debate, having 2 different sides and im not looking to display any negavity its just about saying my feelings towards Rosen from what i saw from Rosen and i am not confident he is our franchise quarterback
I get the concept about being a rookie and it take just more then a season, but from a statistical standpoint there are more chances he doesn't become the qb we expected to be and therefore at this point they can still gather nice value for him and besides its not forbidden trying to get a better player, and if keim and kk go that way its because they think Murray is a better player

If Cards and crew evaluate and think Murray is the best QB for the job I will support them but I will say this and it's not crazy at all... watch when Goff struggled before McVay and Rosen actually showed more promise than him in worst coaching conditions and less talent in my opinion

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Cards and crew evaluate and think Murray is the best QB for the job I will support them but I will say this and it's not crazy at all... watch when Goff struggled before McVay and Rosen actually showed more promise than him in worst coaching conditions and less talent in my opinion

The rams that year were as bad as the cardinals, bad offensive line, bad receiver unit and bad coaching too

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Why do you guys think that Gruden is running their draft room?

they just hired Mike freaking Mayock?? Does he get a voice in the room? Sure. Will he be in charge? No way Jose.

Mayock has been shouting from the rooftops for years on NFL Network: "Dont trade up!! More assets are always better!"

Why would you think he would change that sort of philosophy now?

Jetstream Green

Reaction score

they just hired Mike freaking Mayock?? Does he get a voice in the room? Sure. Will he be in charge? No way Jose.

Mayock has been shouting from the rooftops for years on NFL Network: "Dont trade up!! More assets are always better!"

Because Gruden is a egotistical baby cry and given 100 million

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score

I don't think Mayock is being paid $100Mil for 10 years. I can assure he has more than just a voice in the room.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Gruden had to approve the hire wouldn't you say? Would Mayock go there just to be a mouthpiece? Or would you assume that his drafting and scouting philosophy is the main reason he got the gig in the first place.

Only to muzzle him in his first draft? I think that's actually crazier than any of the Kyler related trolling I've seen in these pages. And Kyler grew 2 inches out of thin air if you go back far enough in this thread!

I still say No way Jose.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

I think it's already been stated that Gruden has final say on roster.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gruden does have the final say on the players but I think he and Mayock have mutual respect for each other. They will build a draft board and stick with it. They are not going to give away the farm to move up. In fact they might want Bosa more than Murray.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

So much focus on what he can do physically that people forget about the intangibles of the position. Sadly, this doesn’t surprise me

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Who is in the room when the Cardinals interview the top picks? HC & GM only or position coach as well? What about Bidwill is he present as well?

If the reports of bad interviews are true (and who can say for sure), then I'd have to believe the Cards brass could pick up on it too even if Kingsbury is enamored with him Keim has sat in enough of those interviews to be able to interpret BS you would hope.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson