Kyler Murray entering Draft

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I definitely could be wrong. My memory is that high profile players wait for their pro workouts frequently. Of course that’s different than “skipping.” Regardless, even if players don’t do one aspect (throw, run, lift) and want to wait for their pro day does it make difference if they chose one, a few, or all of the workouts to wait ‘til pro day? Not in my mind. At least, not in and of itself. If there’s more to it that’s a different story. For instance, if it truly is to lose 20lbs for the workout it doesn’t negate his eventual workout, but it essentially negates his weight at the combine. That’s absolutely a fair way to look at it. Didn’t Lamar Jackson refuse to do most of the workouts at the combine just last year?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He performed but didn’t do the 40

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I actually didn’t use skip but I think your brothers post validates what I’m saying... But hang on to that belief that it’s common.
So what search did you do if you didn’t use the word “skip?” I gotta admit that I’m skeptical you didn’t use it considering every post on here you’ve used that word in connection with this debate. Would be an enormous disconnect to have used some other search and then revert solely to using that specific word, that you deny using in the search, in every post in the argument.

I’ll talk to him because he says he actually researched it. And I can pick his borg brain.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup Arizona homer no doubt. Ok formerly known as okie guy lol

Thanks @Solar7 I appreciate it. Im not attacking anybody personally just giving my takes like everyone else here. Yes they may be hot takes sometimes but still my opinion nonetheless.

Ive known and read most of the peoples posts here for years and feel like i know people here in a sense. It sucks when i come here and get blasted because of my name or my opinions. Didn't expect that from this board.

Pick apart my arguments all you want im game but why get personal? Because i believe in Rosen and not on the Murray bandwagon. Im not the only one who feels this way. Anyways rant done. Sorry for the OT post.
You’re an idiot! Just kidding, lol. Lots of passionate fans here . I wouldn’t take anything to personal.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And, this means........ ? What?

relax Francis.

was just posting what I found as pertained to that part of the convo. didn't make a judgement one way or another and am on record at this point that if we can get a high 2nd for Rosen and KK REALLY wants Murray, I won't blow a gasket about it. I'm kinda agnostic either way. We've already taken a massive home-run or strike out swing with KK. Might as well give him what he thinks he needs to connect.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I agree with Shane that's it's not that common to skip, but I have to say I am not sure why. With all the personal workouts these kids do now if a team really wants to see Murray they will. The argument with personal workouts was always they're scripted, they do only the throws that kid does well, not the ones he struggles with, they spend weeks drilling for it, so it's not a "fair representation." but we all also know that teams are well aware of it and will often ask for a 2nd non scripted workout, all the way back to Alex Smith that happened for example.

My big concern with combine and I say this every year is the morons who test positive. If you can't stay clean long enough to test clean at the combine when you've known for ages when it is, and when they will test you, i don't trust you.

We saw yet another example of that the other day when Randy Gregory was suspended yet again by the NFL. He was one of the guys who had positive tests in college, did horribly in the personality profiles they do, and then tested positive at the combine.

The advantage of the combine is teams can see all the prospects in one place. The disadvantage has always been that it's not an ideal setting. What if you have the flu or a bad cold, you have to decide do I work out sick, or do I pass and risk them thinking I'm ducking something. You have guys often standing around waiting their turn, I remember Deion on tv once saying he was terrified he was going to pull a hammy when he ran his famous combine 40 because you have to wait and you just keep stretching and warming up but it's such an unusual format for them to run in it scared him.

I agree and now would take a guy off of the board for testing positive for marijuana within a year of the draft. I understand that it is legal in some states but it is not legal under federal law or in the NFL. I, personally don’t believe that it should be a banned substance in the NFL because it does anything but enhance performance, but if you can’t stop for a year (or even 3 weeks) you don’t deserve a chance with the Cardinals.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
There are hundreds of other draft prospects who'd die to participate in 100% of the drills who aren't in Indy. If people like Murray don't want to partake in all of the activities, let someone else have your spot at the combine.

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
There are hundreds of other draft prospects who'd die to participate in 100% of the drills who aren't in Indy. If people like Murray don't want to partake in all of the activities, let someone else have your spot at the combine.
Especially since they bill the "underwear olympics" as a pseudo sporting event...

Legit hurt or you do all of the drills.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Let's see if someone else wants him bad enough to trade into that #1 spot. Cardinals could get some nice extra picks out of this deal. They need all the draft picks they can get to build a complete team.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Let's see if someone else wants him bad enough to trade into that #1 spot. Cardinals could get some nice extra picks out of this deal. They need all the draft picks they can get to build a complete team.

Haskins is still in the discussion. Two weeks ago everyone was saying this was a bad year to have #1 because nobody would move up for a QB.
Depending on who signs Foles or could potentially trade for Rosen there’s quite a few teams that could be in the QB market.
NYG, Jax, Miami and Washington. I wouldn’t discount the Raiders falling in love with Haskins or Murray and following the Rams blueprint of grabbing their guy before a move to a new city.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Thank you God. I really, really appreciate it. :) :) :)

That’s a big decision for Keim. If Rosen flourishes with another team and Murray fizzles his career as a high ranking nfl executive is over. There will be no recovery from that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That’s a big decision for Keim. If Rosen flourishes with another team and Murray fizzles his career as a high ranking nfl executive is over. There will be no recovery from that.
Same is true in the reverse I would imagine.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
I think so. If they both turn out to be very good, then nobody will give the Cards front office a hard time about it. It's all a gamble if we are being honest. But I would be surprised if they take on the salary cap hit for trading Rosen. Doesn't seem like a smart move.

This comes down to how highly they rate Murray, Bosa and the other defensive players at the top of the draft. Trade offers for the #1 pick and what type of return they can get for Rosen. Cap hits suck but I doubt it will play into the decision on making a deal.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
This comes down to how highly they rate Murray, Bosa and the other defensive players at the top of the draft. Trade offers for the #1 pick and what type of return they can get for Rosen. Cap hits suck but I doubt it will play into the decision on making a deal.

I still think it's not that crazy to draft Murray and have them both develop together with the Cardinals, side by side. See which one turns out the best. If they both turn out really good, then you have a franchise QB and excellent trade bait for the rest of the league.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It may not be the deciding factor, but of course a $8m CAP hit is a consideration given that we are already on the hook for $10.6m.

$8m covers your draft class.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
It may not be the deciding factor, but of course a $8m CAP hit is a consideration given that we are already on the hook for $10.6m.

$8m covers your draft class.

Cap hits are part of doing business. Obviously it’s something they’ll discuss but in the end I believe the decision they make will come down to draft picks and who they feel gives them the best chance to win.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cap hits are part of doing business. Obviously it’s something they’ll discuss but in the end I believe the decision they make will come down to draft picks and who they feel gives them the best chance to win.

Draft picks from whom?

NY seems keen on Haskins, JAGS for Foles and I don't think there's a chance in Hell that they'll consider anything outside the top 10 in this draft as part of a package.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose