Kyler Murray entering Draft

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Better yet let’s be quarterback specific Ouchi can you name 4 top three quarterback prospects in the last five years that I’ve skipped the entire combine process not due to injury?
Eh I’m not this invested in the argument to spend that amount of time. But I think 5 years isn’t a significant sample size of I were. 10 years would be more convincing as the draft process hasn’t changed significantly since we went to the super bowl.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly I don’t care enough to spend the time researching it. But it’s really common for the top players in each draft. They wait for their pro days to maximize their draft position at the top. You can pretend you don’t think so, but I know you pay enough attention to know better.

Now you’re the one being disengenuous... I did a basic search on google reference to the topic. The only highly rated prospect I can find that skipped all aspects of the combine is here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bi...13/2/21/4013698/jarvis-jones-2013-nfl-combine

It’s not as common as your trying to portray not even close. Some players will throw but not do drills or do drills and not throw. Some will just run. Some will pick and choose as stated. But it is VERY RARE for a top flight prospect to completely pass in all aspects of the combine like Murray is doing.... The speculation/concern that he’s not comfortable performing at this weight has merit. Him wanting to only perform in his scripted environment at OU and after being able to drop some poundage raises red flags.

Last edited:

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Josh Weinfuss
Kyler Murray said Friday at the NFL combine that he has a "great relationship" with Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury, who recruited him out of high school. The Cardinals, coincidentally, have the No.1 pick this year. "If I were to play under him, I think it’d be a great deal," Murray said. Murray added that he understands Kingsbury's Air Raid offense. "I think me and him being together, it'd be nice."

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Josh Weinfuss
Kyler Murray said Friday at the NFL combine that he has a "great relationship" with Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury, who recruited him out of high school. The Cardinals, coincidentally, have the No.1 pick this year. "If I were to play under him, I think it’d be a great deal," Murray said. Murray added that he understands Kingsbury's Air Raid offense. "I think me and him being together, it'd be nice."

I watched this live... and this is what I'm talking about. I mean, come on man, you're on the cusp of possibly being taken #1 overall. There's questions for you about baseball. You want to be all-in? You want to play with the coach who said he'd take you number one overall? How about some passion? How about "I love coach Kingsbury and just the thought of that working out is the reason I'm choosing to play football?" Instead, "it'd be nice?" That's what I say when someone suggests going to the park on a sunny day instead of the beer garden.

People have criticized Rosen's attitude, but at least he seems hungry to learn, hungry to critically think about why things are the way they are, and even says he wants to prove the other 31 teams wrong about him. It's not the same passion as Baker Mayfield, but it's a lot better than Murray who seems like he thinks he belongs here or in the MLB regardless of whatever attitude he brings.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
I almost brought up how his account (and choice of names) was started 3 days after we drafted Rosen. He may have some emotional equity wrapped up in his takes.

I will be happy with either pick. But in a crowd of uninspiring draft picks..... Bosa and Murray are our best choices IMO.

I understand the dead money hit..... but that extra year of rookie salary cap, combined with all of those skills just makes me think that KM is the better choice. Plus I think he wins us more games.

And then you factor in the marketability of him in the valley and I start drooling.

Whatever.

You did bring it up and your not the first. Like i have said before ive been following this board since the early 2000s. Never could make an account due to email restrictions. Just so happens I tried again the day you were talking about. So yes my excitement for drafting Rosen has something to do with my name.

However i liked baker mayfield best and Rosen 2nd in that draft. I wondered why so many of the cool posters that were here like Duckjake and Mitch and others have disappeared. If your not part of the ol" boys here your opinions dont matter and you are ganged up on or told to sit down and shut up. Does this board not want new members? Doesn't make sense to me.

If we draft Murray i will role with it. I have not once stated that I dont think he is good or will be a good QB. I dont believe his body will hold up ala RGIII. I believe in Kliff and think he can get the best out of Rosen. Until the Murray types start winning super bowls i want the prototypical make all the throws cerebral QBs. Those are the ones that win rings.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
I watched this live... and this is what I'm talking about. I mean, come on man, you're on the cusp of possibly being taken #1 overall. There's questions for you about baseball. You want to be all-in? You want to play with the coach who said he'd take you number one overall? How about some passion? How about "I love coach Kingsbury and just the thought of that working out is the reason I'm choosing to play football?" Instead, "it'd be nice?" That's what I say when someone suggests going to the park on a sunny day instead of the beer garden.

People have criticized Rosen's attitude, but at least he seems hungry to learn, hungry to critically think about why things are the way they are, and even says he wants to prove the other 31 teams wrong about him. It's not the same passion as Baker Mayfield, but it's a lot better than Murray who seems like he thinks he belongs here or in the MLB regardless of whatever attitude he brings.

He won 3 straight championships in high school. Takes pretty good competitive nature to do that. He also had an infamous incident at the HS level where he chewed out coaches on the sidelines. If he said he has a great relationship with Kliff, that's a lot better than the alternative with him. lol

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rookie Russell Wilson did enough to hold a team together that had an all-world defense, one of the league's best RBs, and a dominant, healthy offensive line.

Rosen, again, didn't have a single starter make it to the end of the season, and had a bare cupboard at WR with a defense that couldn't stop anyone.

Listen, I'm not saying Rosen is Andrew Luck, I'm just saying it's awfully early to give up on a guy who was given zero opportunity to succeed.
Even if Rosen was Andrew luck there would be people here saying we should draft Murray.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if Rosen was Andrew luck there would be people here saying we should draft Murray.

no. Luck took a 1-15 team and pretty much turned it around singlehandedly, won rookie of the year, made the playoffs and the Pro Bowl. If Rosen did anything like that, we'd all be building a shrine to his legacy after one year. Unfortunately he did NOTHING like that, thus the discussion.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's funny seeing a guy use his fantasy guy in his username, call you a homer. Plus describing his favorite perverted activity
couple a years a go we had here a blaine gabbert fan, probably a relative, his work was harder

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no. Luck took a 1-15 team and pretty much turned it around singlehandedly, won rookie of the year, made the playoffs and the Pro Bowl. If Rosen did anything like that, we'd all be building a shrine to his legacy after one year. Unfortunately he did NOTHING like that, thus the discussion.
And if kingsbury claims he can turn Rosen into a very good qb who are we to say he’s crazy? NOBODY would have done well with this team last year let alone a rookie. Remember Rosen was not suppose to play last year. I wonder if he sat all year if we’d be dump him today?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And if kingsbury claims he can turn Rosen into a very good qb who are we to say he’s crazy? NOBODY would have done well with this team last year let alone a rookie. Remember Rosen was not suppose to play last year. I wonder if he sat all year if we’d be dump him today?

If that's what Kingsbury wants, I have no problem there either, but to say if Rosen was Andrew Luck, which would we mean he had the same success as Luck, that people would still be clamoring for Kyler is completely baseless in fact.

Also, the idea that Rosen wasn't supposed to play last year when our starting QB was a wheel-chair waiting to happen is laughable. Everyone with a brain and even just a smidgen of foresight knew Bradford was there for Josh to keep the seat warm until he inevitably got injured.

Reactions: HGC

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You did bring it up and your not the first. Like i have said before ive been following this board since the early 2000s. Never could make an account due to email restrictions. Just so happens I tried again the day you were talking about. So yes my excitement for drafting Rosen has something to do with my name.

However i liked baker mayfield best and Rosen 2nd in that draft. I wondered why so many of the cool posters that were here like Duckjake and Mitch and others have disappeared. If your not part of the ol" boys here your opinions dont matter and you are ganged up on or told to sit down and shut up. Does this board not want new members? Doesn't make sense to me.

If we draft Murray i will role with it. I have not once stated that I dont think he is good or will be a good QB. I dont believe his body will hold up ala RGIII. I believe in Kliff and think he can get the best out of Rosen. Until the Murray types start winning super bowls i want the prototypical make all the throws cerebral QBs. Those are the ones that win rings.
Uh, Mitch and duckjake were “good old boys” as far as longevity in the board. And duckjake passed away, so you might want to consider choosing your arguments a little more carefully.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
He won 3 straight championships in high school. Takes pretty good competitive nature to do that. He also had an infamous incident at the HS level where he chewed out coaches on the sidelines. If he said he has a great relationship with Kliff, that's a lot better than the alternative with him. lol
I played high school football with guys who were so athletically talented that they could have spent the day drinking Four Loko and eating Country Crock and have taken over a game. And Murray's way more athletically talented than anyone I've ever stood in a gym with. I also weighed 125 lbs as an 18 year old, and was 175 by the time I was Murray's age. So, I discount HS. But that's actually a good story! But I do worry where entitlement is mistaken for passion.

Separately, I think we should give @HeHasRosen a break. I've been here more than half of my life, and it's only in the past couple years I've felt like I could contribute semi-regularly. He's at least been here long enough to know some of the names, even if he made a mistake with DJ.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better yet let’s be quarterback specific Ouchi can you name 4 top three quarterback prospects in the last five years that I’ve skipped the entire combine process not due to injury?

Of all of the arguments intended to shred Murray's character, this one is the least meaningful. Just my 2 cents. IMHO Who really gives a rip where these kids throw and do drills in t-shirts and shorts?

This kind of stuff is why I don't enjoy the combine anymore. I haven't watched a second of it in years, and will no longer waste any of my life watching it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave