Kurt Warner's HOF speech...

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just my opinion...I think a a good speech inspires the people who hear it. ...And...I feel INSPIRED!

Mark in SC :)

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I found it too practiced, a bit tired. A speech to a greater or lesser extent he's delivered for years. There were more inspiring discourses, IMO, last evening.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Very well written and delivered, but pretty boring. I didn't think too much of any of the speeches, as the night was WAY TOOOOOOOOOOOO LONG. Over the years, most of these speeches do nothing for me. The only speech that ever gripped and moved me was Jim Kelly's. I'm pretty sure the next and last HOF induction speech I'll watch will be Fitz's.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It would have gone down as the best speech ever (IMO)..... If he had won his SB ring as a Cardinal.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
I was disappointed.

Just a repeat of the Warner story told many times - delivered without much passion. Think LT was by far the best speech with Andersen's humorous speech a distant 2nd.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I loved the speech, and was, once again, reminded about Kurt's incredible journey. I had forgotten about his time in Amsterdam. Looking at his kids was a great reminder of KW the family man. Seeing one of his kids crying and being consoled by her sister was very touching, as was his story of running out of gas. All in all, a great speech and a great night. When it comes to the HOF, no one does it better than the NFL. Unfortunately, while I've been to Cooperstown, multiple times, and Springfield, I've never been to Canton.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Best thing about this guy is two nights later he's at a middle school in Scottsdale helping coach his son's (and my son's) Pop Warner team. We didn't know his son was on the team since Kurt wasn't at any of the practices last week. After practice I asked my son if he new who the new coach was and he said, " no but he looks a lot like Kurt Warner." I told him it was Kurt Warner and he said, " yeah, I was thinking, this new coach is a really accurate passer for a dad."

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Best thing about this guy is two nights later he's at a middle school in Scottsdale helping coach his son's (and my son's) Pop Warner team. We didn't know his son was on the team since Kurt wasn't at any of the practices last week. After practice I asked my son if he new who the new coach was and he said, " no but he looks a lot like Kurt Warner." I told him it was Kurt Warner and he said, " yeah, I was thinking, this new coach is a really accurate passer for a dad."
That is really cool. Congrats on that draw of a team.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I loved the speech, and was, once again, reminded about Kurt's incredible journey. I had forgotten about his time in Amsterdam. Looking at his kids was a great reminder of KW the family man. Seeing one of his kids crying and being consoled by her sister was very touching, as was his story of running out of gas. All in all, a great speech and a great night. When it comes to the HOF, no one does it better than the NFL. Unfortunately, while I've been to Cooperstown, multiple times, and Springfield, I've never been to Canton.
I, too, got this out of the speech. The only thing I didn't care for was Brenda Warner's "look at me and not my husband" hair style and outfit. What the hell was she thinking? There are times she looked absolutely beautiful, like this:
You must be registered for see images

And there are times she looks like an absolute train wreck like the other night. It's like she wanted to take the focus off of her husband and put it all on her. I thought her choice of dress lacked tact and taste.

As for his speech in general, yes, it was his story being told all over again but so what? It's one of the most remarkable stories I've ever heard and it tells a story of perseverance. I particularly like when he paid homage to the AFL and it's founder.

cardinals

Veteran
Reaction score
I found it too practiced, a bit tired. A speech to a greater or lesser extent he's delivered for years. There were more inspiring discourses, IMO, last evening.

it was just a bunch of typical sound bites. All the speeches were. Obey authority,pro army, pro school.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I, too, got this out of the speech. The only thing I didn't care for was Brenda Warner's "look at me and not my husband" hair style and outfit. What the hell was she thinking? There are times she looked absolutely beautiful, like this:
You must be registered for see images

And there are times she looks like an absolute train wreck like the other night. It's like she wanted to take the focus off of her husband and put it all on her. I thought her choice of dress lacked tact and taste.

As for his speech in general, yes, it was his story being told all over again but so what? It's one of the most remarkable stories I've ever heard and it tells a story of perseverance. I particularly like when he paid homage to the AFL and it's founder.
She's had that hairstyle going on for some time now, at least 6 months

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
She's had that hairstyle going on for some time now, at least 6 months

Good update but it doesn't change the fact that her hairstyle has taken a drastic change for the worse....IMHO of course.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
SHE needs to grow up??? Sounds like you and little judgy judgerson attitude might be what needs some growing up. Who the heck cares how she wears her hair???
Who cares what type of shoes Melania wears? Bet you didn't call the left and the media "judgy judgerson" about that did you?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who cares what type of shoes Melania wears? Bet you didn't call the left and the media "judgy judgerson" about that did you?
I did. I also agree with him about Brenda. I think it looks terrible but that's up to her, I'm not here to pick everyone's hairstyles

:Shrug:

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard