Jurassic World (aka JP4)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess my problem with the trailer is if we assume the movies were reality, who in the world would possibly think it's a good idea to actually open the park, and create a mutant dinosaur? Given what happened the first 3 times just seems completely implausible.

But I'll certainly go and see it.

Maybe they were trying to make a hybrid dino with Penguin DNA.......

"remember cute and cuddly boys. cute and cuddly"

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess my problem with the trailer is if we assume the movies were reality, who in the world would possibly think it's a good idea to actually open the park, and create a mutant dinosaur? Given what happened the first 3 times just seems completely implausible.

But I'll certainly go and see it.

IT'S A MOVIE, GARTH! IT'S A MOVIE!!!!

j/k :D

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IT'S A MOVIE, GARTH! IT'S A MOVIE!!!!

j/k :D

I know I'm just saying given it's a movie if you assume the first 3 times actually happened, there's just no rich person dumb enough to try it a 4th time is there?

Still can't wait to see it, the book was better of course but I loved the original and have seen all 3 multiple times.

I guess I never outgrew that phase as a kid when you're fascinated by dinosaurs.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know I'm just saying given it's a movie if you assume the first 3 times actually happened, there's just no rich person dumb enough to try it a 4th time is there?

Still can't wait to see it, the book was better of course but I loved the original and have seen all 3 multiple times.

I guess I never outgrew that phase as a kid when you're fascinated by dinosaurs.

:thumbup:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am actually looking forward to this movie. However, how many times can they try and open a park, justify it and we watch it fail? Seems to me there is not many more placed this franchise can go using that storyline.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I am actually looking forward to this movie. However, how many times can they try and open a park, justify it and we watch it fail? Seems to me there is not many more placed this franchise can go using that storyline.

To be fair, the 3rd movie didn't have an open park--it was basically a rescue operation on Isla Sorna.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair, the 3rd movie didn't have an open park--it was basically a rescue operation on Isla Sorna.

No but there has always been the reoccurring theme throughout it could be done. I just don't see how they can keep going to the well on this.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
No but there has always been the reoccurring theme throughout it could be done. I just don't see how they can keep going to the well on this.

I agree, but this still looks good.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I should have followed my standard routine and avoided this sequel, but I gave in to wanting to see Chris Pratt and Vincent D'Onofrio. Plus, it looked kind of cool. This movie disappointed. Oh, it had some cool sequences. Chris Pratt was great too, and at least it had some redheaded eye candy. Otherwise, blah. Some really bad sequences and stupid writing. 2 out of 5 stars for me, and not really worth the price of admission.

Apparently you can get a jeep that has been rotting in the jungle for 20 years to start on the first try by changing the battery LOL There were other niggling problems with this movie too--like baiting a T-Rex and waiting until it's five feet away before you start running--IN HEELS--and managing to escape. It also relied way, WAY too much on the 'and now the dinosaur's going to ROAR' schtick.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I should have followed my standard routine and avoided this sequel, but I gave in to wanting to see Chris Pratt and Vincent D'Onofrio. Plus, it looked kind of cool. This movie disappointed. Oh, it had some cool sequences. Chris Pratt was great too, and at least it had some redheaded eye candy. Otherwise, blah. Some really bad sequences and stupid writing. 2 out of 5 stars for me, and not really worth the price of admission.

Seriously? And you won't see Spy, which ISN'T a sequel? You are a strange dude Stout...

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is it worth seeing it in IMAX 3D or regular 3D?
I saw it in regular 3D it was ok, but probably would have been better in IMAX.

As for the movie.. I don't have any sequel rules, but do agree it really wasn't that good. The dino scenes were pretty kick ass, but quite the movie was quite predictable overall. And the product placement....ugh. Not as bad as some movies in the past, but still ridiculous.

I will say Chris Pratt is really solidifying himself as a big screen actor.

Yeah, ironically I just pulled a car out of 20yrs of storage. Not even remotely drivable, let alone with a Quad battery. Tires flat. Gas as thick as tar.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jurassic World

Jurassic World

Release Date: June 12, 2015 (3D/2D theaters and IMAX)
Studio: Universal Pictures
Director: Colin Trevorrow
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for intense sequences of science-fiction violence and peril)
Screenwriters: Rick Jaffa, Amanda Silver, Derek Connolly, Colin Trevorrow
Genre: Action, Sci-Fi, Horror, Adventure
Website: JurassicWorldmovie.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Starring: Bryce Dallas Howard, Judy Greer, Chris Pratt, Ty Simpkins, Jake Johnson, Nick Robinson, Irrfan Khan, Vincent D'Onofrio, BD Wong, Omar Sy, Katie McGrath, Lauren Lapkus, Andy Buckley

Plot Summary: This is a new sci-fi terror adventure set 22 years after the horrific events of the original "Jurassic Park."

You must be registered for see images

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I completely underestimated the impact this movie was going to have because apparently these dinosaurs are monsters at the Box Office, with conservative estimates putting it at 182 million for the weekend, good for 3rd biggest opening of all time, with an outside shot at 192 million which would make it the 2nd biggest opener ever.

that means we're likely going to have at least 4 400 million dollar domestic box office kings this year... which will be the most in a single year ever (Avengers, Jurassic, Hunger Games and Star Wars) with the possibility of another couple 300 plus biggies with Fast 7 and Bond on the horizon.

The box office bounceback/possible all time record holder for the year is looking like a real possibility at this point.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I completely underestimated the impact this movie was going to have because apparently these dinosaurs are monsters at the Box Office, with conservative estimates putting it at 182 million for the weekend, good for 3rd biggest opening of all time, with an outside shot at 192 million which would make it the 2nd biggest opener ever.

that means we're likely going to have at least 4 400 million dollar domestic box office kings this year... which will be the most in a single year ever (Avengers, Jurassic, Hunger Games and Star Wars) with the possibility of another couple 300 plus biggies with Fast 7 and Bond on the horizon.

The box office bounceback/possible all time record holder for the year is looking like a real possibility at this point.

Seems like now the recession is officially over. :D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
judging from the reaction at the theater i just saw it in, this thing is going to make a bajillion dollars. It's definitely a crowd pleaser, but IMO misses almost ALL of the magic that made the first movie a classic. There just weren't the great characters like Malcolm or Sam Neil/Laura Dern's... or even Sam Jackson... or even Newman from Seinfield that made me actually care about who lived and died on the island. In addition to that, I've never understood the decision this series made from the second movie on to completely veer away from the SCARY. I remember people screaming during the original T-rex scene, sitting on pins and needles during the Raptor kitchen scene. That movie really had the incredible balance of chills and thrills. This one had some great set-pieces, but nothing that ever really put the tension up to 11.

it's a solid popcorn movie, but with the writer/director of Safety Not Guaranteed at the helm, I expected a little more in the way of characters/emotion. Especially with Pratt, who's immensely talented. If he's in the next one, they gotta let him off the leash a little more.

but again, all that said, it'll make mint at the box office.

Last edited: