Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
David Koepp in Talks for Spider-Man 4
Source: Superhero Hype!
January 20, 2007

ComingSoon.net's Superhero Hype! has learned exclusively from a very reliable source that Spider-Man screenwriter David Koepp is in talks with Sony Pictures to write Spider-Man 4.

Our source tells us that the studio is really excited about Spider-Man 3 after having seen a first cut of the movie. Add to that the phenomenal reaction to the screenings of footage at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago and the momentum leading up to this point from last summer's Comic-Con, which have sparked the studio to approach Koepp about penning the fourth film's screenplay.

Koepp is not signed yet, but the studio is definitely moving forward with another installment.

Koepp recently finished the script for Indiana Jones 4 which received the green light from George Lucas, Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford. Besides the first Spider-Man movie, he has written such blockbusters as War of the Worlds, Jurassic Park, Panic Room, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, Mission: Impossible and Carlito's Way.

The first two "Spider-Man" films earned $1.6 billion dollars total worldwide. Spider-Man 3 kicks-off the summer on May 4.

:thumbup:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone involved has focused so much on the current movie and given no thought to other films (just like during 1 and 2). Sam has always said he won't keep making them just to make them...there has to be something ongoing that can be tied into Peter's life and make a good story.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple of quotes from Dylan Baker (Curt Connors aka The Lizard):

“I am in SPIDER-MAN 3, and my wife Becky Ann Baker is also in the movie, she plays James Cromwell’s wife and Bryce Dallas Howard’s mother,” says the actor. “Dr. Connors’ wife has not made an appearance yet, at least not that I know of.”

“In this one I am still in my business suit and that’s all I’ll say. I’m kind of the guy that Peter Parker needs to come to whenever he has those quandaries about what’s going on,” states Baker. But then continues on to explain, “All I can say is we’re going to see a lot more of [me] at some point if what Sam says is true, and Sam is the guy who knows, so I am sticking with him.”

Last edited:

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I read an interview with both Maguire and Raimi (Premiere Magazine) stating they would not go beyond Spiderman 3.

I remember an old commercial for the original star wars released on VHS with THX sound back in 1993 or so. The tagline was "Own it again, for the last time!"

:biglaugh:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They both have backed off those statements somewhat. Of course that could just be for PR reasons

I saw in interview with KD and she out of all the actors seemed pretty done with the Franchise and ready to move on. Things change, especially with money involved but I wouldn't be surprised to see her move on after this one.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what if Rami and McGuire are done? The franchise doesn't need to be.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what if Rami and McGuire are done? The franchise doesn't need to be.

It would kill it for me. I wouldn't want TM to leave. KD I could handle. Rami I could handle depending on who they bring in. It would kill it for me to replace the lead.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tobey Maguire could go for 'Spider-Man 4'.
BANG Showbiz
Apr. 6, 2007

Tobey Maguire has hinted he could star in 'Spider-Man 4.'

The actor, who previously said he was done playing the web-slinging superhero after completing the hotly-anticipated 'Spider-Man 3', admits he could be tempted to don the suit again if there was a great script.

He said in an interview with Sci-Fi Wire, "It all depends on if there's a story worth telling. I feel very proud of the three movies that we've made."

I feel like the stories all deserve to be told, and, you know, if they come up with a good movie, and the whole team wants to get back together, and we feel like we can make a good movie that's worth making, then I'm up for it."

Tobey, 31, previously admitted he was ready to walk away from his most famous role to star in more serious movies.

He said at the time, " 'Spider-Man 3' might be a good place to stop - I am not tied contractually to any more 'Spider-Man' movies. I would say the odds were in favour of this being the last one."

Tobey's co-star Kirsten Dunst, who plays love interest Mary Jane Watson, has previously admitted she is ready for new challenges.

She said, "I'm not the type of actress who does movie after movie."

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sam Raimi Confirms Spidey 4, 5 and 6
Source: Heather Newgen
April 20, 2007

At the Los Angeles press junket today, Spider-Man 3 director Sam Raimi confirmed that Sony Pictures is doing a 4th, 5th and 6th installment of the popular franchise.

We'll have his exact words shortly, but Raimi said that he hasn't had time to think of any involvement and he doesn't want to presume Sony would want him to direct.

He said there has to be a good story to tell and that "it'd be very hard to say goodbye to 'Spider Man.'"

Spider-Man 3 opens in conventional theaters and IMAX on May 4.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I might be ready for a new peter parker. McGuire is pretty good, but something still seems a little off to me about the casting.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I might be ready for a new peter parker. McGuire is pretty good, but something still seems a little off to me about the casting.

I just rewatched the first movie this weekend. I remember being very skeptical of the casting, but I think it has worked well over time. Can you think of someone who you'd like to see play him? Are there any great storylines involving an older, more mature Spidey?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just rewatched the first movie this weekend. I remember being very skeptical of the casting, but I think it has worked well over time. Can you think of someone who you'd like to see play him?
Like I said, I'm not exactly complaining about McGuire...I just think they might be able to do better.

He's out because of his role in SM3, but I think Topher Grace would do a good job as peter parker. And, I've always thought (though this is pure fantasy now) that a young John Cusak would be perfect. I think someone with some comedic chops would be better suited--but that should be combined with good acting (and maybe a bit of wirey athleticism). Who that is today, I don't know.

Are there any great storylines involving an older, more mature Spidey?
IMO, the best Spidey stories are the ones when he's younger. I can't really think of a "classic" SM story when he's older.

The beauty of the spider-man character is that he's a pretty unpopular kid that has all this power but he can't reveal it to anyone and has to continue to play the part of the 100 lb weakling. It really plays to the typical comic-book geek crowd.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like I said, I'm not exactly complaining about McGuire...I just think they might be able to do better.

He's out because of his role in SM3, but I think Topher Grace would do a good job as peter parker. And, I've always thought (though this is pure fantasy now) that a young John Cusak would be perfect. I think someone with some comedic chops would be better suited--but that should be combined with good acting (and maybe a bit of wirey athleticism). Who that is today, I don't know.

IMO, the best Spidey stories are the ones when he's younger. I can't really think of a "classic" SM story when he's older.

The beauty of the spider-man character is that he's a pretty unpopular kid that has all this power but he can't reveal it to anyone and has to continue to play the part of the 100 lb weakling. It really plays to the typical comic-book geek crowd.

Good stuff. Shia LeBouf is being described as a "young JC", but he may be overexposed this summer in Transformers.

You must be registered for see images

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score

He doesnt have the sarcastic smart alic attitude that Spiderman has. He has a done a pretty nice job, but when they cast a new Spiderman he needs to have that wit and arrogance about him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson