Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jurassic Park 4 Coming in 2008?
Source: BubbaJoe
February 20, 2006

Director-producer Frank Marshall tells the London Free Press that they have a script for Jurassic Park 4.

He says Jurassic Park IV "has a good script now, so we should have that one up and running next year for release in 2008."

He previously mentioned that they would start on the fourth installment in the dino franchise after the fourth "Indiana Jones" is completed.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Geeze, how do you top the 3rd movie with the whole Raptor communication thing..... or in the 2nd movie with T-Rex on the loose in San Diego?

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Geeze, how do you top the 3rd movie with the whole Raptor communication thing..... or in the 2nd movie with T-Rex on the loose in San Diego?

:biglaugh:

I never even bothered to watch teh 2nd and 3rd ones. I probably wont watch the 4th either (unless it is good).

and...since when are they making a 4th Indiana Jones?!?!?! WHY?!?!?!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
arthurracoon said:
and...since when are they making a 4th Indiana Jones?!?!?! WHY?!?!?!

Is this a joke post? They've been talking about Indy 4 for years now. We've talked about it on this board!

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Is this a joke post? They've been talking about Indy 4 for years now. We've talked about it on this board!

wow...how did i miss this...maybe i just forgot...

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jurassic Park 2 and 3 weren't as good as the first one (obviously), but they really weren't all that bad.

As for Indiana Jones 4, I wish they had made that movie years ago. Harrison Ford is looking really old of late.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Given that Crichton hasn't written a sequel novel, on what is the script based? The problem with JP2 is it wasn't based on a Crichton novel, or it was loosely based on the book the Lost World. Actually JP3 had a lot more to do with the Lost World. The premise of the book is that there is another island that was used to grow dinos because one island simply wasn't big enough, you have to have a "backup" island so that if something goes wrong on the main island, you have a source of animals to replace with so your park can stay in operation.

JP 4 would presumably take up where Crichton left off. Too bad, the first book was great and the movie very good, I just don't see much room for anymore.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
arthurracoon said:
wow...how did i miss this...maybe i just forgot...

How dare you not keep up with everything that happens on this board!

Glad Chaplin scolded you, because I would have next...

:rolleyes:

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Why don't they just combine Jurrasic park 4 and Indiana Jones 4 and call it "The Jurrasic Nursing Home of Doom"?

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Laura Dern Talks Jurassic Park 4
Source: Collider
April 6, 2007

Year of the Dog star Laura Dern told Collider.com that Jurassic Park 4 is moving forward and that her character, Ellie Sattler, will be back.

Dern said she received a phone call from Steven Spielberg. "I'm told it's happening and I'm told they're calling me. I'm told that Ellie Sattler is involved in it."

Asked if she would be interested in returning to the role, Dern said "it's hard to say no to [Spielberg] cause he's always got something totally genius up his sleeve so we'll see what they have in mind. But I don't know anything about it at this point."

Dern revealed that they are thinking about starting the fourth installment within the year for a possible 2008 release.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
bleh no thanks think ill pass on seeing this wasnt a huge fan of 2 and 3

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Speilberg didn't really direct 2 and 3...with 2 he was working on another movie...Shindler's List, I think. If he's in the director's seat for 4 it might be worth watching.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Speilberg didn't really direct 2 and 3...with 2 he was working on another movie...Shindler's List, I think. If he's in the director's seat for 4 it might be worth watching.

I don't know, not even Speilberg may be able to polish this turd of a franchise

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't know, not even Speilberg may be able to polish this turd of a franchise

1) Spielberg won't direct part 4. He'll Exec Produce, which means he won't do anything except say ok to putting his name on the credits.

2) Part 3 wasn't bad as a straight action movie--but it wasn't too good when considering the mythology.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not just wait another 7-10 years and remake the original Jurassic Park? lol

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The original cast and Kiera Knightley are supposedly onboard. This is what I got from watching some show on HBO just now :shrug:

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's probably more politically correct to do JP4 than State of Fear, but I can tell you which movie I'd rather see, and it doesn't involve dinosaurs.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
The original cast and Kiera Knightley are supposedly onboard. This is what I got from watching some show on HBO just now :shrug:

I'll be in line to watch this on the first day then. :p

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be in line to watch this on the first day then. :p

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I am in high anticipation of the next Jurassic 5 album...wait, wrong thread! :)

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://film-book.com/jurassic-park-4-2014-release-date-script-writers-3d-film/

Jurassic Park 4 has had its release date confirmed by Universal Pictures. The fourth franchise film has also been thrown into the arena of 3D. Jurassic Park 4 will be shot natively in 3D so that post conversion will not be necessary at a later date. Jurassic Park will released June 13, 2014.

Steven Spielberg is returning to produce the film along with Kathleen Kennedy. Jurassic Park 4‘s script was written by Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver and delivered this week.