Iverson?

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
Could he be a Nash backup? Never liked Iverson that much, but he seems to have matured and it would be interesting to see him with Amare to spell Nash.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
He already said he wouldn't be willing to come off the bench.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
Only good enough to be a backup now? And to think just a couple years ago he was one of the best. :shock:

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Then good luck to him getting a job.

Why do you think he said he wanted to play for Memphis, and now is reportedly looking towards Charlotte? Off the bench, he could really help a lot of teams. But he's one of the 25 best players of all time, IMO (at least offensively), and he doesn't want to accept a secondary role.

HooverDam

Reaction score
At this point AI is best as a 6th man combo guard spark plug off the bench. However the Suns already have that guy, LB, who arguably does it better or just as well and without any headaches. Ill pass on AI, I hope LAC signs him just because it would make them interested.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he is going to hurt the good teams as a starter, as a bench player his ego is going to ruin team chemistry because it is a role he will grudgingly accept.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If he wants to be a starter again in the twilight of his career, he needs to be on a cellar dweller team, such as Sacramento, Memphis or the Clippers. Even then it is a bad idea, because he will become a cancer and ruin a team's progression to relevancy. My opinion is that if he wants to be on any NBA squad next season, he needs to first accept the fact that he is going to be a bench player/emergency starter and be on a team with strong leaders that can mitigate any of his tantrums. Hell, he is talented enough to be a 6th man of the year candidate as soon as he signs. He is still a threat to get hot and put up 35 in a game.

Maligzar

Registered
Reaction score
Could he be a Nash backup? Never liked Iverson that much, but he seems to have matured and it would be interesting to see him with Amare to spell Nash.

What gave you the idea that he matured?

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/04/02/allen-iverson-would-rather-retire-than-come-off-the-bench-next-y/

"I will retire before I do this again. I will leave the game before I do this," he said. "Because I can't be effective like I know I can playing this way. It's just something I've not ever been able or had to do."

OP
OP
B

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard