Ish Smith waived by Suns

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck Ish. I enjoyed watching you play.

Paul Coro @paulcoro · 53s

The #Suns waived Ish Smith before his $985K salary became guaranteed tonight. No PG space. His play should help him find a seventh NBA home.

https://twitter.com/paulcoro

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Best of luck, Ish. The writing was on the wall with the Ennis pick and then the Suns put a sledge hammer through it with the IT2 acquisition.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Of course. He has already been replaced by two guys.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i'll never forget the sub 6 footer blocking some trees

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure we wouldn't hesitate to pick him up again if the need arises.

Steve

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I liked him as well.

But it was clear the Suns FO drafted Ennis to be his replacement.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Other than his snappy name is he really THAT good? You guys are really going to miss him?

Just makes me wonder why?

Dime a dozen player it seems to me.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Other than his snappy name is he really THAT good? You guys are really going to miss him?

For what he did, he was fine. I didn't think we needed Ennis to replace him. It's not that we are demanding him, it just seemed odd because he was a little better than your standard 3rd point guard has every right to be.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score

That's not the point. The dude went all out for us and we appreciate it.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Understand.

I apologize that my post sounded harsher than intended. Sorry if it came of a bit snarky, wasn't my intention.

I'm the guy who loved Phil Limpkin (R.I.P) in the season the Suns played the Celtics in the best basketball game ever :)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Understand.

I apologize that my post sounded harsher than intended. Sorry if it came of a bit snarky, wasn't my intention.

I'm the guy who loved Phil Limpkin (R.I.P) in the season the Suns played the Celtics in the best basketball game ever :)

Phil Lumpkin. That's a name you don't hear too often. I only vaguely remember him. I know he wasn't with us long (our team or our planet).

Steve

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Ish played hard and he played well for a third string PG. Sad to see him go. Hopefully he gets another contract and sticks in the league.

Thanks and good luck, Ish!

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
If by some miracle this guy learns how to shoot he could be a pretty good PG, but as is he is very expendable though he was a lot of fun to watch ,most of the time.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
In an interview, Bill Simmons just asked DeMarcus Cousins who is the fastest guy in the league (Wall? Westbrook?) and Cousins responded with Ish Smith!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Understand.

I think the Suns fans relationship with Ish Smith was starting to approach how they felt about Elliott "Socks" Perry. Both players played with a lot of heart.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think the Suns fans relationship with Ish Smith was starting to approach how they felt about Elliott "Socks" Perry. Both players played with a lot of heart.

I thought of the "Socks" and Ish similarity too. I was not a "Socks" fan either. But, those guys show up occasionally and become a favorite of some segment of a team's fanbase.

It's all good :)

Errntknght

Reaction score
Ish not only played with heart he also played well. I think Hornacek missed the boat by not playing him much more early on, keeping Goran and Eric's minutes down. I much prefer Eric when he's harassing the heck out of opponents guards and he couldn't do that and play over 30 mpg. Hopefully we'll see that with Thomas as the third PG.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson