the "What Ended Season 2022?" thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's nice to win it all but sometimes as fans we forget the beauty of the game.

I can enjoy watching NBA players play the game. So few can play at that level.

I love basketball. I think many here feel the same way. There's a lot of cross over Cardinals fans but I'd say the majority of posters in this forum are basketball fans first and rank the Suns ahead of all other teams when it comes to fandom of team sports. It's a great game that's up and down for 2-3 hours a night 3-4 nights a week.

Of course we want to see the Suns do well but if they're not then I just hope they don't embarrass themselves or lose to A-holes. Last season we lost to an A-hole in Luka and in embarrassing fashion so it was tough to process.

The year before losing to the Bucks when we were 2 wins away from a title was easier to handle because the Bucks weren't a-holes and it wasn't embarrassing. It sucked, sure, but it was a great ride and seeing Giannis hoist the trophy wasn't that bad because he's almost impossible to hate. He's one of the more likable superstars in any sports, which is rare.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns losing to the Mavericks in the playoff series was puzzling because of the way the team fell apart in games 6 and 7 but particularly game 7 at home.

And yes, it was distasteful the Suns lost to the Mavericks in the playoffs because I thought they were the lesser team. Still, that was on the Suns. I'm not going to take anything away from them.

There was no denying the Suns lost to an excellent Bucks team in the Finals the year prior.

What bothers me the most, looking back, is Monty's failure to incorporate Aaron Holiday into the rotation before the playoffs. Maybe that wouldn't have been enough, but it would have helped. The Suns defensive schemes were really messed up as well. That needs to change.

Still, hope reigns anew.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love basketball. I think many here feel the same way. There's a lot of cross over Cardinals fans but I'd say the majority of posters in this forum are basketball fans first and rank the Suns ahead of all other teams when it comes to fandom of team sports. It's a great game that's up and down for 2-3 hours a night 3-4 nights a week.

Of course we want to see the Suns do well but if they're not then I just hope they don't embarrass themselves or lose to A-holes. Last season we lost to an A-hole in Luka and in embarrassing fashion so it was tough to process.

The year before losing to the Bucks when we were 2 wins away from a title was easier to handle because the Bucks weren't a-holes and it wasn't embarrassing. It sucked, sure, but it was a great ride and seeing Giannis hoist the trophy wasn't that bad because he's almost impossible to hate. He's one of the more likable superstars in any sports, which is rare.
Was Luka really the A-hole? CP3 and crew were clowning him at the end of Game 2 and then Booker was mocking him in Game 5 with his Luka special stuff.

If anyone was A-holes in last year’s series, it was US… especially after talking all that trash and then getting their ish pushed in in humiliating fashion to end the series.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was Luka really the A-hole? CP3 and crew were clowning him at the end of Game 2 and then Booker was mocking him in Game 5 with his Luka special stuff.

If anyone was A-holes in last year’s series, it was US… especially after talking all that trash and then getting their ish pushed in in humiliating fashion to end the series.

Maybe the Suns acted like aholes in the series but I've never cared much for Luka. His arrogant schtick has turned me away shortly after he joined the NBA. He's immensely talented but almost as equally insufferable, IMO.

I also hate the Mavericks because of Cuban.

So maybe the Suns acted like aholes but I viewed the Mavs as a holes before the series started.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Luka Special!

All Luka said was everybody talks tough when there up and he came back put his team on his back and pulled off the upset

It was us who acted immature and like fools.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns did act a fool. However, let's not forget the whining act Luka pulls all of the time. He is the most dramatic player in the NBA. When he is fouled, he flails all over the place and then cries more after that.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns did act a fool. However, let's not forget the whining act Luka pulls all of the time. He is the most dramatic player in the NBA. When he is fouled, he flails all over the place and then cries more after that.

None of that makes him an A-hole, IMO.

Clowning opposing players and talking trash about them and then letting that player become your Daddy is what happens to A-holes.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Clowning opposing players and talking trash about them and then letting that player become your Daddy is what happens to A-holes.

I think we'll need to agree to disagree because I'd say Luka is an a-hole 82+ games a season while the Suns generally aren't a-holes. Are the Suns arrogant? They were in the Mavs series but so were 99% of the posters here on this board after going up 2-0. The Suns are professionals and shouldn't have acted so classless but they did and they paid the price by getting spanked in game 7 in Phoenix. Ideally that loss humbled them and created a new sort of motivation for the team to come out and win with no nonsense this year. That remains to be seen but I'm glad the Suns open the year against Dallas because that game should give an indication of where their heads are at. Hopefully they've been removed from their rectums.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No it makes him a whiney little *itch.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Our annoying guy is annoyed and doesn’t want to play for our annoying team anymore.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It was strategy. They were trying to goad him into trying to do everything himself.

OP
OP

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
a-hole is not the perfect word for Luka
but it's close
let's not split a-hole hairs
Luka's play from the opening tip of the series was "offensive"
offensive, as in, offensive fouling
offensive, in that he plays no defense
and offensive in that he's a whining manipulator

it was Luka who instigated the offensiveness

Crowder is/was the offender on the Suns
i have no problem with CP3 getting under players skin by playing smart and schrewd (mainly, the way he draws fouls)
and though it wasn't smart for Booker to mock Luka i'll let him off the hook for that because Luka was infuriating

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose