Is Christian Bale the worst actor...

TaRaNRoD

Reaction score
Come on man. You have names like this and then Stallone? I know TaRaNRoD : Stallone ; Andrew : Shaq, but to place Stallone above a name like Brando. Get the hell outta here. Seriously.

No serously, you don't know what is acting and honnestly don't know what the word ''respect'' means!

No seriously, I'm asking to myself a vert important and big question: What did Stallone do to you guys? Did he sexually abuse of your mothers?

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taranrod, it's one thing to have your opinion. It's entirely another to be appalled that no one else shares it.

It's at this point that you should consider this conversation a loss and move on, lest you continue entertaining so many of us for all the wrong reasons.

TaRaNRoD

Reaction score
But it stills that you didn't answer to my big question: What did Stallone do to you guys?

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
I really like Sly and his acting in most cases, but a thespian of the highest order he is not.

TaRaNRoD

Reaction score
I really like Sly and his acting in most cases, but a thespian of the highest order he is not.

In YOUR opinion... not in mine! Because, you don't understand that his acting is inspiring me... this guy is inspiring me and not just for his acting, for what he did in the real life! His determination et courage is a great example of what is a real inspiring actor! So yes I think Stallone is an high level actor!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Stallone is an high level actor!
...and no one else shares that opinion. No big deal.

To answer your question about what Stallone did for us to not mention him with the likes of who we to believe to be great actors: he didn't act as well as them. He didn't do enough to make us think he's that good. End of story.

Kolo

Reaction score
In YOUR opinion... not in mine! Because, you don't understand that his acting is inspiring me... this guy is inspiring me and not just for his acting, for what he did in the real life! His determination et courage is a great example of what is a real inspiring actor! So yes I think Stallone is an high level actor!

Did you ever see The Italian Stallion? Some of his best work, honestly.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
To answer your question about what Stallone did for us to not mention him with the likes of who we to believe to be great actors: he didn't act as well as them. He didn't do enough to make us think he's that good. End of story.

This.

I don't think Stallone is terrible, I just think a bunch of other actors are better.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My top 5 actors under 50:

Downey Jr.
Norton
Depp
Seymore Hoffman
Pitt (Very underrated imo)

All-Time bests....Brando and Streep

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Did you ever see The Italian Stallion? Some of his best work, honestly.

I'm more partial to Oscar.

You must be registered for see images attach

Two thumbs up baby!!!!!

TaRaNRoD

Reaction score

Rocky is a high level acting!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rocky is a high level acting!
Yup, and as I mentioned, that's where he had a decision to make about the kind of actor he was going to be.

...it was also 34 years ago. Doesn't it seem odd that for a guy who you say is supposed to be a great actor you have to point to a film that more than 30 years old to find "high level acting?"

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
This was a wildly entertaining thread.

It just seems people are confusing stars with actors, the best acting is usually done by people who are not stars.

Oscars are usually a popularity contest of the highest order if you're just talking about the leading roles.

Of the stars Robert Downey Jr. is my favorite, not necessarily the best actor, just think he's the most interesting.

Can't believe Billy Bob didn't make more lists if any, can't remember.

Of course when he's at his best I don't think he's acting which is another theme entirely but he's done some great stuff and some awful stuff so I can understand people not putting him on the list but I would.

You could almost put Billy Bob on both, which is kinda funny to me.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm too lazy to read through this whole thread but did anyone point out the importance of the script and the directing as regards acting. William Hurt is usually a pretty good actor but if you've watched him in Lost In Space or Michael you'd never know it. He had horrible lines in Space and delivered them woodenly at times and over the top on others. He was mostly decent in Michael but he has a couple of really bad scenes that made me think the director must have been mailing it in.

As far as quality acting goes, I hadn't fully realized the importance of the director until I watched Robert Culp do a (self-directed perhaps?) promo for one of the premium networks (ON, HBO, Cinemax, TMC whatever) back in the early 80's. It was easily the worst acting job I've ever seen and that includes every Troma film ever made (okay, I haven't actually seen every one of them, but enough to warrant a quality exagerration). Not that Culp will ever be mistaken for De Niro but this performance was worse than bad and with decent direction he's normally at least watchable.

Steve

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yup, and as I mentioned, that's where he had a decision to make about the kind of actor he was going to be.

...it was also 34 years ago. Doesn't it seem odd that for a guy who you say is supposed to be a great actor you have to point to a film that more than 30 years old to find "high level acting?"

Stallone also did a movie called over the top about an arm wrestling trucker bonding with his kid that he did do a very good job in. Stallone's credits are not however just in acting, he has written many of the movies he has starred in, and he directs and produces as well. As far as acting ability he is nowhere in the league of Depp or Pitt,Gooding, or Hoffman, but he really is a very talented guy.
OT... My lady was a pretty serious Bale hater...then last week I picked up Batman Begins and Dark Knight. After seeing these she has had a change of opinion on his acting ability.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stallone also did a movie called over the top about an arm wrestling trucker bonding with his kid that he did do a very good job in. Stallone's credits are not however just in acting, he has written many of the movies he has starred in, and he directs and produces as well. As far as acting ability he is nowhere in the league of Depp or Pitt,Gooding, or Hoffman, but he really is a very talented guy.
OT... My lady was a pretty serious Bale hater...then last week I picked up Batman Begins and Dark Knight. After seeing these she has had a change of opinion on his acting ability.
Did you just say Stallone did a good job in Over The Top?

That rules.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard