Is Christian Bale the worst actor...

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't think of the last Leo movie that didn't bore the crap out of me. He hasn't had an entertaining film since Catch Me If You Can.

Edit: Obviously I am contradicting myself. Catch Me If You Can was the last entertaining film he was in.

Yes I know him and Damon made the Departed. Still the most disappointing movie considering it's cast that I have ever seen.

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually I am wrong on Clooney. Depp is the best actor out there. It is easy to forget how incredible he is.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oscar Nominations and wins:

Depp 3 Nominations 0 Wins
DiCaprio 3 Nominations 0 Wins
Damon 1 Nomination as actor, 0 wins as actor (1 win as writer)
Clooney 3 Nominations 1 win (1 nomination as director)
Stallone 1 Nomination
Day Lewis 4 Nominations 2 wins

Oscar wise, it is Daniel Day Lewis over Clooney by a hair.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, look, it's another self-important movie with a lead role for a slow-talking, camera-mugging Brit. Daniel Day-Lewis must be in it.

(Kidding. He's pretty awesome. Drove There Will Be Blood. But he's also in some fairly pretentious movies. Just once I'd love to see him in a rom-com with Sandra Bullock. Then I could take him a little more seriously).

(And he IS a camera-mugger. Chronic camera-mugger. Worse than Affleck.)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Hey, look, it's another self-important movie with a lead role for a slow-talking, camera-mugging Brit. Daniel Day-Lewis must be in it.

(Kidding. He's pretty awesome. Drove There Will Be Blood. But he's also in some fairly pretentious movies. Just once I'd love to see him in a rom-com with Sandra Bullock. Then I could take him a little more seriously).

(And he IS a camera-mugger. Chronic camera-mugger. Worse than Affleck.)

But the real question is: Is Daniel Day-Lewis a worse actor than Sylvester Stallone? :rolleyes:

I guess maybe TaraNRod has never seen Oscar, Judge Dredd, or Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot. (AND every one of those are after his "superstar" roles of Rocky and his early films)

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My list. In order.

1. Leo
2. Bale
3. Denzel
4. Depp
5. Damon

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My List for the younger actors of this generation.

1. Damon
2. Leo
3. Norton
4. Depp
5. Denzel

We are pretty close.

1. Damon
2. Norton
3. Downey Jr.(Always thought so, even as far back as Less Than Zero)
4. Clooney
5. Depp
6. Matthew Lillard (I will get ripped for this one, but I have always like him)

Women

1. Parker Posey
2. Anne Hathaway
3. Zooey Deschanel
4. Kate Winslet
5. Natalie Portman

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I even had to struggle to put Depp at 4. I don't like his acting style all that much.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But the real question is: Is Daniel Day-Lewis a worse actor than Sylvester Stallone? :rolleyes:

That depends. DDL is an English-speaking actor. I'm sure Stallone is a great thespian in whatever language he actually speaks. Sometimes the translation isn't as dramatic when you force a non-native tongue on an actor.

TaRaNRoD

Reaction score
I guess maybe TaraNRod has never seen Oscar, Judge Dredd, or Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot. (AND every one of those are after his "superstar" roles of Rocky and his early films)

Sorry man, but I saw those movies! Not great, of course, but those are not his only movies!

And the one who put Bale in his top, seriously, do not ever watch a movie again, do not ever make a movie review again and of course do not EVER make a top again!

Bale is SO awful!!!!

My top:

1- Hoffman
2- De Niro
3- Pacino
4- Stallone
5- Pesci
6- Brando
7- DiCaprio
8- Hanks
9- Hackman
10- Day-Lewis

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry man, but I saw those movies! Not great, of course, but those are not his only movies!

And the one who put Bale in his top, seriously, do not ever watch a movie again, do not ever make a movie review again and of course do not EVER make a top again!

Bale is SO awful!!!!

My top:

1- Hoffman
2- De Niro
3- Pacino
4- Stallone
5- Pesci
6- Brando
7- DiCaprio
8- Hanks
9- Hackman
10- Day-Lewis

Come on man. You have names like this and then Stallone? I know TaRaNRoD : Stallone ; Andrew : Shaq, but to place Stallone above a name like Brando. Get the hell outta here. Seriously.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coming from a guy that thinks stallone is a top actor, this statement is hilarious.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I like actors that make me believe they are the character they are portraying.

Like Gene Hackman (Royal Tennenbaum) , Dustin Hoffman (Captain Hook), ot Edward Norton (watch Smoochie and Fight Club, back to back, flippin' amazing)

Yet, I do enjoy actors that are a one trick pony, not saying they are good actors but I enjoy them, like:

Clint Eastwood, Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp Robert DiNiro and Mel Gibson.

A tip of the hat to Leo DiCaprio (Catch Me if you Can is a great movie), Tom Hanks, and Anthony Hopkins who always are good on screen.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
My top:

1- Hoffman
2- De Niro
3- Pacino
4- Stallone
5- Pesci
6- Brando
7- DiCaprio
8- Hanks
9- Hackman
10- Day-Lewis

Stallone & Pesci in a top 10? A top 10 without Morgan Freeman or Jack Nicholson or Don Cheadle? Yikes.
Edit: No Denzel either?

OP
OP
sundevilscott

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
After watching The green Mile again last night I really realize how good of an actor Tom Hanks is. I also think that a very good underrated actor of today's generation is Sam Rockwell. I really do like him in most all of the movies he has been in.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a very good underrated actor of today's generation is Sam Rockwell. I really do like him in most all of the movies he has been in.
Have you seen "box of moonlight?" It's an indy flick with he and John Turturro. Good stuff.

TaRaNRoD

Reaction score
Seriously, you don't know what it is to respecting each others opinions!

No, I don't put Washington in the top because I think he is a pretty bad actor!

Clint Eastwood is a god, and Nicholson too is a god, just not in my Top10!

And what the hell is wrong with Stallone or Pesci? It's not like if I've put Orlando Bloom, Steven Seagal, Christian Bale, Chuck Norris, Zac Efron, Joe Jonas, Nicholas Cage, Paul Walker, Vin Diesel, The Rock, Jean-Claude Van Damme or Arnold Schwarzenegger in my top! Damn!

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard