Is Christian Bale the worst actor...

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of Tom Cruise's best roles are bit roles. He was great in Magnolia, and tried to steal the movie from RDJ in Tropic Thunder.

Leo is still the best young actor out there.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of Tom Cruise's best roles are bit roles. He was great in Magnolia, and tried to steal the movie from RDJ in Tropic Thunder.

Leo Brício? Cause I know you are not talking about the craptastic Leo from Titanic.

TaRaNRoD

Reaction score
I think, yes Stallone deserves to be in the same list that De Niro and Hackman are! Why? Because you should not forget that Stallone completly stole De Niro's and Keitel's great statut of great actors in CopLand! He is the king of the show and those two legends are with him!

And also, Stallone played a lot of different roles, compared to De Niro, Pacino, Cruise, Washington, Freeman and others who always play the same things! Stallone did completly different kinds of roles in those movies: First Blood ; CopLand and Rocky (the same for me) ; Victory ; F.I.S.T. ; Get Carter ; Paradise Alley, etc. In all those movies he is great and doing different jobs everytimes!

So yes Stallone is a great underrated actor, and yes Bale is an horrible actor!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And also, Stallone played a lot of different roles, compared to De Niro,
You mean he's played something more different than Travis Bickel and the dad in Meet the Fockers? Or the bounty hunter in Midnight Run? Or the doctor in Awakenings? And that's not even mentioning his "typical" role.

DeNiro is f'n great in just about everything. His timing--both dramatic and comedic--is impeccable.

JMHO.

Stallone had a choice to make after he made Rocky. He could go the way of becoming a storyteller or an entertainer. He chose entertainer, and he's been a good one. But far and few between are the times when he outshines the likes of DeNiro; it's just not his thing....and that's okay. But he'll probably be the first to tell you he isn't the actor some others are.

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

:yeahthat:

I think he stole the movie.

Bale is great.
Norton is great.
RDJ is great
Leo is great.
Brad Pitt is great IMO also.
Djimon Hondsu (sp?) <-- Love this guy even though he plays one type of character.

And Daniel Craig is growing on me. Layer Cake was great.

Kellogs Frosted Flakes??? GREAT!!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leo Brício? Cause I know you are not talking about the craptastic Leo from Titanic.

Yes, DiCaprio. The whole "titanic" bias against him is silly. Dude is a good effing actor...runs circles around anyone he's on the screen with.

I think you must have meant "the fantastic Leo from Basketball Diaries" or something.

TaRaNRoD

Reaction score
Effectivly, Leo is a GREAT actor! IMO he's the best actor of this new generation!

And Pariah, what you've said, it's true! he made the choice to become an entertainer, and he did it really well! BUT he tried to continu to be a storyteller, it just didn't really work for him but for me Paradise Alley, Victory and F.I.S.T. are great underrated movies! Stallone is one of the higest paid actors!

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
For my money Daniel Day Lewis is currently the best actor out there. The man is amazing.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
For my money Daniel Day Lewis is currently the best actor out there. The man is amazing.

Agreed.
Gangs of New York is one of my favorite movies.
DDL amd Leo both gave great performances and worked well opposite each other.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would Like to add Robert Duvall & Ed Harris too the list of fantastic actors!

Other good ones right now include Viggo Mortenson & Kevin Spacey.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Matt Damon would disagree.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the best actor out there right now is Clooney and it isn't close.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taranrod must be the only person here who can watch a Stallone movie without turning on the captions to figure out what the bloody hell he's saying.

TaRaNRoD

Reaction score
Taranrod must be the only person here who can watch a Stallone movie without turning on the captions to figure out what the bloody hell he's saying.

This is because I have good ****ing tastes! ;)

And by the way, I didn't say Stallone is the best actor so stop to just attacking him mother****ers!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is because I have good ****ing tastes! ;)

And by the way, I didn't say Stallone is the best actor so stop to just attacking him mother****ers!

I am going to give you your warning (that I am sure you will ignore) that swearing isn't appropriate for this message board.

We welcome you to the discussions here but leave the personal attacks and cursing at the door.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort