iRobot Draft Thoughts

iRobot

Veteran
Reaction score
So as I BASKed in the shower this evening.. I started pondering the upcoming draft and what the FO may be thinking.

1. They're selling "commitment" to Sir Juke, the boss, Andre Ellington. This is either a smoke screen or truth.. hard to tell. They made it truth last year because they didn't have an alternative. If it's truth, I don't think they pull the trigger on Gurley or Gordon in the 1st round. I think they want a pass rusher and if the one they want isn't on the board, I think they trade out to Baltimore or someone who wants to jump Baltimore as I see the draft rumblings that they have their sights set on one of the two top RBs.

If this scenario happens, I can see them looking at a guy like OC Erving (FSU), DT Armstead (Oregon), DT Eddie Goldman (FSU), or one of the CBs like Peters (Washington/Character Flags), or Kevin Johnson (Wake Forest).

2. If the above still holds true, I think they look at a RB in the 3rd round.. someone who is a bigger back to compliment Andre. That would require someone that could shoulder the load on short running distances, 3rd and 2ish type situations.

3. I think they'll take their top rated pass rusher in the 2nd if they cant grab one in the 1st. It just seems like the most glaring need on the roster.

4. I suck at mock drafts.. so I'm just going to say I think the first four rounds for the Cards will be some variation of OLB/DE, CB, C, and RB.

I'm posting this because it's late and I'm bored.... have at it!

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hope they go with Erving...Having 3 top players on the O line can do nothing but help the running game...no matter who's back there the next 3 years.

...and I almost threw up reading "BASKing in the shower"

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
I just cant see us going rb in the first round. I would rather go defense and

look for Johnson or Cobb later in the third or fourth. We have big time holes

on defense. Pass rusher or corner round one.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
damn dude....BASKing in the shower.....oversharing,.....at least most of these guys keep it to the boards..........

It has crossed my mind on a few occasions that the FO may believe,..or be gambling,...that they do not need a pass rusher this draft if a great one is not sitting there for them..... getting DWash back frees up our safety for more activity behind the LOS.....and adding Witherspoon provides instant and dynamic pressure.

DWeed and Spoon together are a HUGE addition to our front seven.....if we can keep them on the field.....which is why it is a gamble. But we may have already cast those die...

serious pressure up front relieves the need for a dominant secondary.....but having the HB back at full speed,....and Cannon spending more time in the defensive backfield......one could think this improves the secondary over what it was last season....even with the loss of Cro....

I am wondering if perhaps our early draft might not be offense heavy......gamble on a Gurley.....perhaps....

seen some mocks where Green-Beckham was there for us in the second....lmao,...I can already see Arians and Keim leapfrogging down the isle on their way to deliver that card to the podium.
one wonders if Beckhams head is on straight enough that a first round gamble may be in order....... Fitz will retire here,...and do so as a top notch possession receiver....but even though I like Floyd I am uncertain he has progressed as the team had hoped......or maybe even keep him on ....

Fitz
Brown
Beckham
Floyd

Green-Beckham is a megatron type WR....what offense would not want that?

Gurley
Beckham
Garcia

may not be a bad first three rounds...then grab a Taiwan Jones...and maybe a Josh Shaw in the mid rounds.